Rebellion

The Government of TWP is in your hands people. It is not Vlagh's or URAP's to dissolve at their whim. Do not be sheep. Fight for your right to maintain a government you voted for.

Were there problems? Yes, no doubt. The solution is not to have a hissy fit and chuck everything out. Look at the issues, work with people and find a path forward.

Instead we're going to get some half-baked plan imposed.

The revolution starts here!

First, you did not speak out against the dissolution of the previous government within my department, so what has changed?  Just curious.

Second, as was illustrated when Darkesia was Delegate, yes, I can move to dissolve a government that is not functioning so long as I am entrusted with that role by the sitting Delegate.  Even with Punk Daddy's return from vacation, this was a dead place.  He can't do it alone.  No one can.

That said, as I mentioned earlier, it is the right of the people of the West to form whatever government that they wish, but in order to be the 'official' regional government it must be endorsed by the sitting Delegate.  The sitting Delegate no longer endorses the Voice.  That is not because of anything anyone said or did, but because no one said or did anything.  It is the Delegate's right to ignore the Voice or disavow its existence.  Since it is 'Legislative RP', as was defined under the previous administration and which had your support as a then-Guardian, it is within my right to follow the Delegate's wishes and dissolve it in order to make room for something different.

If the Delegate decided today to reverse that decision, it would be my obligation to carry out such a directive.  I am only doing that which the Delegate has empowered and requested me to do.  The conspiracy theorists here really need to take a step back (for a change) and realize that they are simply speaking out of their collective asses.

I do not think this is necessary, speaking as a person who had an emotional investment in the Voice and would like to see it reinstated in the short run. I would instead like to call people to calm, as we are basically going trough a structure bump, and altogether we can get out of it in a positive manner without going to what I perceive as unnecessary extremist measures...

From the Desk Of High Executive Powerboat Racer, Offshore Racing

As High Executive of Offshore Racing, I do not wish to participate in this rebellion. This rebellion will serve no useful purpose to the citizens of Offshore Racing.

Instead, I will be closely monitoring the situation in order to make an informed decision on future participation of Offshore Racing within The West Pacific.

From the Desk Of High Executive Powerboat Racer, Offshore Racing

As High Executive of Offshore Racing, I do not wish to participate in this rebellion. This rebellion will serve no useful purpose to the citizens of Offshore Racing.

Instead, I will be closely monitoring the situation in order to make an informed decision on future participation of Offshore Racing within The West Pacific.

I miss Indycar Racing.

I'll sit back as I'm too new to understand the politicking, but this will be great to learn from so I'll be paying close attention.

It will enable me to learn more about my neighbours, how they think and how they work together.

I don't know about an open revolution, but I would certainly like to see the Voice re-instated so that we can try to fix things together instead of accepting a government designed by only the Delegate and a select few.

I believe that we can change things around here, and show the entire NS community that we toss out a perfectly good government design every time things get a little slow.  We can show them that we will overcome the obstacles thrown at us, and we will come out of it stronger because everyone was involved in the repairs.  The new members that came in recently will have a chance to help revitalize the forums, and we can direct even more here if we really push the advertising gameside.

We can make the Voice work. We just need a chance.

Then we advertise.  We can send TGs to all active nations that don't participate in the RMB so we can get some responses, then spam out adverts for the forums.  Sending personalized TGs to new nations could help.  It would make them feel more at ease than the standard welcome and flood of recruitments.  We can strive to be even friendlier, and maybe loosen up on the grammar and English rules on the RMB, I have a feeling that they're pushing away some of the younger nations.  We can all be friendlier to some of the others, and striving to include them will make them happier and more likely to stay.

Making the forums a more central part of the WFE could help as well.  There could be links to each of the major subforums, not just a couple.  Maybe getting rid of the dojo themed link names could help, but that might be getting a little too nitpicky.

We can try sending PMs to the accounts on the forums, since most people have email notifications for those, at least.  And we can make more descriptive threads on here telling what things are and how things work on the forums so that there isn't much confusion from the get go.  Even PMing new members on the forums with a welcome could serve to increase their activity.

Finally, an idea that I've had for a while: A New Nation Affairs Ministry.  It would be the task of this ministry to provide a centralized location for all help links, extra help material beyond what already exists, and answers other questions that may be asked.

This ministry would not be just for the newbs, of course.  Anyone could come here to ask a question about the game, so a different name may be appropriate.

It would be located for the most part on the forums (people could TG members for quick questions and whatnot).  If it is included in the WFE, then it could increase traffic to the forums and draw in more new nations to take part in and revitalize the forums.

Anyway, the point is that there are plenty of options to raise participation, and we don't have to resort to getting rid of the Charter and the Union to do it.

I believe citizenship shpuld be tightened as well as we should follow the example of other feeders and sinkers. Residents will have to apply on the forums to be a citizen and they will be automatically made a member of the Regional Assembly.

Malviet, on 04 Sept 2015 - 09:42 AM, said:

But then again, why not?

It's a different think to study cases of what others do or have done, and a whole different think to "follow the example of others".

It's smart to learn from others' experience, failures and successes (and then to develop one's own strategy), but not so advisable to say "I'll do it because everyone else does".

I like our open door policy. Tightening citizenship just means driving away potential new players from inside and outside TWP. Citizenship like you describe would make TWP exclusionary to people who don't really know how things work but are happy to help. And ultimately, the heart of TWP is our RMB and the community on it, not the political processes that happen around it.

Keep TWP open to all.