The Russo Impeachment Debate (cont.)

Since the thread has been locked in the Office of the Delegate under Russo's authority, I've started the discussion here instead where we can discuss freely, anyone can voice their opinion here.
Old thread: http://www.westpacific.org/forums/index.php?/topic/1582-old-guard-vs-new-guard-battle-1-aka-russo-impeachment-debate/

A preliminary clarification: the objective of this thread is to determine whether or not we need a new delegate in power. This thread is not about whether or not the "Old Guard" or the "New Guard" is better or worse, nor is it an argument about the In-game government vs. the Forum government. The discussion here is solely about if Russo has/is/is capable of doing a good job as Delegate of TWP and if he should be allowed to continue.

URA has warned me not to cause trouble, but I do not believe that I am. I firmly believe that this discussion is necessary for the well-being of TWP as a whole.
=======================================================================================================================

Believing that everything  I said here is still valid, I'm goint to quote myself from another thread:

Since URA has taken office, I have seen him do no leading at all. All he's done is occasionally complain about how he's too busy to be active as a delegate (even going dark and being unreachable for a few days), dissolve the Voice, attempt to instate a government that in no way solves the problems he had with the Voice, and throw a hissy fit when Pierconium cut ties between TP and TWP because of his poor "leadership". When his authority is challenged, he either just says that he'd rather not have the topic brought up, or he throws up some juvenile self-validation where he cries that he can do whatever he wants. Quite frankly, I believe that a delegate's power is derived from commanding the respect of their constituents, and he certainly does not have mine. It has become apparent that URA's idea of leading is to say that he has absolute power over everything, then assign other people to do his work for him while he sits back and blows hot air out of his ass.The only way that I can see TWP make any forward progress is to get a new delegate in power. Hell, URA even said himself that it's up to us to figure out how to fix the problems in TWP as he once again finds a way to dodge doing any real work around here.

URA now claims that he is not responsible for TP cutting off ties with TWP, when Pierconium clearly and specifically called out URA as the reason for his actions. URA's only defense here has been to claim that since it was TP that ordered the embassy closure he is free of blame. Perfect logicaly reasoning there, I'm sure.

URA also continues with his pattern of responding to criticism with tantrum-esque outbursts. I am conastantly embarassed as a member of the TWP by how URA carries himself as a delegate. URA is constantly marring the image of TWP through his actions and his words and I'd hate to see this go on for much longer.

I have withdrawn my endorsement of URA already. If anyone can convince me that I'm being an idiot I'll shut up and be nice, but from what I've seen I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I do not wish to hear people say in these halls "don't bother, we got it" (paraphrased).

I want these halls to be where people can speak their mind, defend their positions, and try to persuade each other to build a better TWP.

I will not foster an environment where there's a have not and haves. 

Not happening while I'm still Advocate. This conversation should continue.

Here are my thoughts on impeachment. In general, I don't like impeachment proceedings. I am really concerned that URA is continuing to make mistake after mistake after mistake. 

The most recent issue I have is the ejection of Eli. It appears on the surface petty, childish, and perhaps most importantly impulsive. Moves like this tear a region apart and do not build the region. 

I'm willing to hear URA on this but it's seems very, very, very, repeat, very dubious.

IF the region is invoking the REBELLION CLAUSE for Russo going rogue, Russo can be busted to 'joe member' status here in the forum.

The problem being that the Union failed to include such a clause in the first place, as there was under the Imperium and prior governments.  There is a separate discussion thread to create one.

Perhaps this is why I didn't join the Union...something always seemed not quite right, even though I saw nothing wrong with it. *shrugs*  

How stupid do players in TWP have to be to assume they do not have the RIGHT to rebel against a tyrannical government.  This forum is not the game and the game is not this forum. They are separate but related entities but they are not one and the same.  The institution we enjoy today ... and have enjoyed for more than 11 years ... was birthed in rebellion against a tyrant (Norion).  If URAP is a traitor to TWP, he can be minimized here in the forum until he either finds favor again, leaves of his own accord, or is banned.  That last is typically used only the most extreme of situations.

But hey ... who am I to waltz in here and tell you what to do?  This is your region and forum now and i am just some old fart hasbeen player stepping in and pissing you off.  Then again, that is exactly what TAO does ... and has done for 11 years.