The Mapplication™ Thread - Join the world of Esferos!

Esferos v1.12

Esferos_1_12.thumb.png.4ca88d266f249186edfe01cd1ccf8426.png

Welcome @Adzerat, @JJWescott, and @Tam Dao!

For balancing purposes, some of your responses relating to your nation's basic statistics had to be changed. Please check the Big Book of Numbers and let us know via DM if you'd like any of them changed and we'll work on it together. You can also check out more info on balance in the Guidance on Session Zero. We encourage you to use the Sheets comment feature to comment desired changes on cells in your row and we'll update them for you (this also applies to blank cells).

You may now access the entirety of the TWP Roleplay Discord server, including your continent chat!

The following balance changes were made:

Hide contents

Adzerat:

• Decreased requested population density. Average was requested, below average was given to match total population requested
  • Decreased requested GDP/Capita—above average was requested, below average was given
  • Decreased requested Government Spending to "My nation provides moderate social programs, or a small selection of social programs."
  • Increased requested Military Indicator to "My nation has prioritized military spending at the expense of other key areas and may have been criticized for lack of freedom or human rights issues."
  • Requested land area decreased.

Apaima:

• AP two-letter code is already taken, please indicate on the Big Book of Numbers a different one
  • Requested land area decreased. If the area given doesn't jive with you, please let us know and we can work on some tweaks.
  • Decreased requested GDP/Capita—above average was requested, below average was given

Dai Due:

• Increased requested population density. Below average was requested, above average was given.
  • Decreased requested GDP/Capita—average was requested, below average was given, due to the effects of an authoritarian military dictatorship

• 2 weeks later...

Resident nation: Pahalena

Discord name: batj73_12857

Map nation name: Pahalena

A couple sentences about your nation: (original content, not NationStates stats)

Pahalena is a democratic republic, and is attempting to liberalize and move on from its unfortunate past. Its official language is Kalasi, and its population as of 1421 is 21,427,980.

Map request as an image or plot number: (forum embed or Imgur link)

https://imgur.com/8GdNDfe

3-Letter Code:       PHE                           2-Letter Code: PH

Capital City:  Suriyadura

Government Type: Democratic republic

The population of my nation is:  Average

The population density of my nation is:  Average

The GDP per capita of my nation is:  Below average

Government Spending - Which statement best describes your nation?

X

My nation provides moderate social programs, or a small selection of social programs. 

My nation has an extensive social safety net, or provides multiple programs like universal healthcare, welfare, and free tuition for its citizens 

My nation does not provide social programs beyond bare necessities and/or high school educations. 

My nation does not prioritize social spending, but engages in some large-scale government or public spending projects. 

My nation’s government spending is a vast majority of our GDP, such as having to coordinate our import-dependent economy.
(this option is subject to Cartography Board approval)

Military Indicator - Which statement best describes your nation?

X

My nation has made a commitment to security, and maintains a moderately sized modern armed forces within our means. 

My nation has little incentive or political drive for military spending, but maintains a small-to-moderate modern armed forces. 

My nation has prioritized military spending at the expense of other key areas and may have been criticized for lack of freedom or human rights issues. 

My nation does not prioritize military spending due to other priorities, the belief we are safe, or we don’t have enough money left over to fund it. 

My nation is heavily embattled and we believe we face an existential threat.

Any other inspirations or concepts you want to share: 

none

Resident nation: Teviar

Discord name: luisl7858

Map nation name: Teviar

A couple sentences about your nation: (original content, not NationStates stats)

Teviar is a city state of 6.8 Million inhabitants. It initially started as a trading post for different colonial powers, it gained independence in 1878 since its colonial owner was no longer able to afford maintaining it. Teviar is considered a melting pot of cultures thanks to its extremely lax immigration laws.

peninsula.png.adbec455d871980a2c3d5d36f7567978.png

3-Letter Code:     TER                             2-Letter Code: TR

Capital City: Teviar (City State)

Government Type: Semi-Presidential Republic

The population of my nation is:  Below average

The population density of my nation is:  Above average

The GDP per capita of my nation is:   Above average

My nation provides moderate social programs, or a small selection of social programs. 

x

My nation has an extensive social safety net, or provides multiple programs like universal healthcare, welfare, and free tuition for its citizens 

My nation does not provide social programs beyond bare necessities and/or high school educations. 

My nation does not prioritize social spending, but engages in some large-scale government or public spending projects. 

My nation’s government spending is a vast majority of our GDP, such as having to coordinate our import-dependent economy.

x

My nation has made a commitment to security, and maintains a moderately sized modern armed forces within our means. 

My nation has little incentive or political drive for military spending, but maintains a small-to-moderate modern armed forces. 

My nation has prioritized military spending at the expense of other key areas and may have been criticized for lack of freedom or human rights issues. 

My nation does not prioritize military spending due to other priorities, the belief we are safe, or we don’t have enough money left over to fund it. 

This city is inspired in the South East Asian cities of Hong Kong and Singapore and the Latin American cities of Panama City, Mexico City and Buenos Aires, I imagine it as a Latin American version of those South East Asian cities.

Resident nation: Pahalena

Discord name: batj73_12857

Map nation name: Pahalena

Pahalena is a democratic republic, and is attempting to liberalize and move on from its unfortunate past. Its official language is Kalasi, and its population as of 1421 is 21,427,980.

https://imgur.com/8GdNDfe

3-Letter Code:       PHE                           2-Letter Code: PH

Capital City:  Suriyadura

Government Type: Democratic republic

X

X

none

• 2 weeks later...

Resident nation: Pedandria

Discord name: @keiraaa

Map nation name: Pedandria

A couple sentences about your nation: 

Pedandria, a theocratic monarchy, is a unique and devout society of 4,852,720 Pedandrians who revere the Divine Foot. Their faith, guided by the Sole Scriptures, centers on balance, unity, and community. The nation's landscape, shaped by the Sacred Footprint, echoes their unwavering commitment to their beliefs.

In the thriving Pedandrian faith-first economy, religious devotion fuels a robust marketplace, shaping every transaction and enterprise. Tourism, sculpture and architecture, and communication technologies stand as cornerstones of an economy where faith isn't just a belief but a driving force behind every economic endeavor, creating a harmonious balance between spiritual principles and prosperous commerce.

Map request as an image or plot number: 

GeographicalMapofPedandria.png.21774958b5465df9bf020da5f91c627d.png

3-Letter Code:       PED                        2-Letter Code:       PE

Capital City: Solecrest (pop. ~1,310,234)

Government Type: Theocratic Monarchy

The GDP per capita of my nation is:  Average

✔️

✔️

Although it might appear straightforward to classify Pedandria as a non-militant society, our commitment to maintaining a modest yet contemporary armed forces aligns perfectly with our belief system. Our armed forces not only serve as Defenders of the Faith but also stand ready to aid our friends, neighbors, allies, and those in need, reflecting the essence of our first commandment from the Book of Toes in the Sole Scriptures: "Thou shalt always lead with humility, for just as the Big Toe supports the body, so too must the humble lead with strength and selflessness.”

On 1/16/2018 at 10:53 AM, Bran Astor said:

The Mapplication™ Thread
Apply within to join the world of Esferos, home of TWP Roleplay

Esferos_1_12.thumb.png.4ca88d266f249186edfe01cd1ccf8426.png

Current map version 1.12, updated 10 September 2023

Esferos Topographic Map | Biome Map | Tectonic Map | Wind & Sea Map

Joining and staying on the map

In order to join the map, you must follow these steps:

1. Join and introduce yourself on the main TWP Discord server and the TWP Roleplay Discord server
  2. Read the Guide to TWP Roleplay & Esferos Lore Introduction
  3. Apply to become a member of the Hall of Nations
  4. Submit your Mapplication™ to this thread once you have applied. See below for Mapplication™ instructions.

The map is updated on the 15th of every month—to stay on it you must remain active, which requires you to:

• Maintain your Hall of Nations membership—this includes making at least one post (new thread or reply) per month anywhere on the forums
  • Engage in the Roleplay Discord at least once every three months

Becoming inactive or leaving the region immediately forfeits your place on the map and in the canon unless you first talk with the Cartography Board. Inactive nations with significant contribution to the canon may become NPCs controlled by the Loremasters instead of being removed entirely.

How to submit your Mapplication™

iwbLqxJm.pngMapplications™ must be submitted as a reply to this thread. Below, you will find the Mapplication™ form to paste into a reply and fill out.

Submitting your Mapplication™ will begin a process where statistics and realism will be discussed with the Cartography Board. It is important to note that this process is not a negotiation—the community standards for realism will be met, but we encourage you to meet them creatively. If you have questions about specifics, or do not fit in a particular answer category, read the background material and explain where you may land on each of the Indices. Joining the TWP Roleplay Discord server is heavily encouraged for more involved help in this process.

The name that appears on the map for your nation must be reasonably realistic—if the name you choose does not meet the canon standards, you will be notified by a member of the Cartography Board. Your map nation's name does not need to match your resident nation's name.

You may request a premade area (outlined on the map in grey) or draw an area of your own. For continents that have numbered plots thus far, you may not draw your own plot. If you draw your own, please take a screenshot of the map and mark the territory you would like to request, like the example image provided in this section. Major cities and other features are also welcome. Please review the Esferos Topographic Map and Biome Map (linked above) to inform your nation's placement, as geographic features and environments will not be changed to suit your desires after placement. Bear in mind that if you decide to request an unreasonably large area, it will be pared down.

The map is updated on the 15th of every month, and hotfixes are released to include new applicants at the end of each week.

Mapplication™ format

Copy and paste this form into your reply and fill it out. You can find a completed example below the Mapplication™.

Resident nation: 

Discord name:

Map nation name:

3-Letter Code:                                  2-Letter Code:

Capital City:

Government Type:

The population of my nation is:  Below average / Average / Above average

The population density of my nation is:  Below average / Average / Above average

The GDP per capita of my nation is:  Below average / Average / Above average

Mapplication™ example:

Reveal hidden contents

Nation name: Exampletopia

Discord name: ExamplePerson#0123

Map nation name: Exampletopia

My test nation, Exampletopia is a small city-state that has struggled under the militaristic rule of President Sercan for the past 34 years. 

Exampletopia's civilian economy is very sea-based, with large fishing industries and a fair-sized international port trying to capture sea traffic and spur on the economy. 

Exampletopia is a cautious country, trying to actively balance its de facto dependency on its developed and economically-stronger neighbours. It will likely welcome ties with far-flung nations it think can offer it something. 

Map request as an image: 

iwbLqxJm.png

3-Letter Code: EXT                                 2-Letter Code: EX

Capital City: The Big City

Government Type: Presidential Republic

The population density of my nation is:  Below average

x

x

Any other inspirations or concepts you want to share: Recently, Exampletopia has been trying to promote the nation's newer government-built casinos as a tourist draw and a way to generate revenue in international currency because our currency is suffering massive inflation. 

Exampletopia has the welcoming, warm energy of a Caribbean nation but its residents have the temperament of the villagers of a small Eastern European town that hasn't been visited by outsiders since the 1600s. They're happy to have you over for dinner but have NO idea how to relate to others.

Previous map versions:

Reveal hidden contents

Join the Regional RP Discord server for additional help. Do not debate the merits of claims here.

Resident nation: Archistanium

Discord name: Chasee

Map nation name: Archistanium

A couple sentences about your nation: Archistanium is a coastal nation which exists in Aura. It is a monarchist nation with an Emperor, Prime minister and advisors as well as a Senate.

Map request as an image or plot number: (forum embed or Imgur link)

3-Letter Code:                                  A-24 2-Letter Code:

Capital City: Arstantinople

Government Type: Theocratic Semi-Constitutional Monarchy

The population of my nation is:   average 

The population density of my nation is:  Average

The GDP per capita of my nation is: Average

Resident nation: Hashemites

Discord name: GhostReacher

Map nation name: Hashemite Republic

The Federal Republic of Hashemites (AKA Hashemites Sharifian Republic) is a the result of years long collaboration, wars and effort between the Hashemite Kingdom and Sharifian Republic, once a divided place of economic instability and internal strife, it has now become a united region under democratic beliefs and ideals. 
Now the nation finds itself on it's path to improvement

3-Letter Code:   HSR                              2-Letter Code: HS

Capital City: Khana Raigan

Government Type: Federal Republic with Parliamentary System

The population of my nation is:  Average 

The GDP per capita of my nation is:  Above average

x

x

REGION.png

Resident nation: Greiya

Discord name: Wan D#6925

Map nation name: Greiya

A couple sentences about your nation:

Nation heavily involved in trading and become the main gate for traders

to the continent. Eco-friendly nation, military is fine and economy is doing well. The people is nice and friendly. 

We welcome everyone to our nation (sort of)

Map request as an image or plot number: A17 and A5. If it’s not possible to choose 2 of then just A17

3-Letter Code: GRI                                 2-Letter Code: GY

Capital City: Mitake Port

Government Type: Constitutional Monarchy 

The GDP per capita of my nation is: Above average

X

X

You know Monaco, Singapore or Hong Kong. Yeah we’re like them

Esferos v1.13

Esferos_1_13.thumb.png.9d414cec23d69f7c2c4a75596898faaf.png

Welcome @BATJ1974, @GhostReacher, @Pedandria, @Teviar, @WanD!

For balancing purposes, some of your responses relating to your nation's basic statistics had to be changed. Please check the Big Book of Numbers and let us know via DM if you'd like any of them changed and we'll work on it together. You can also check out more info on balance in the Guidance on Session Zero. We encourage you to use the Sheets comment feature to comment desired changes on cells in your row and we'll update them for you (this also applies to blank cells).

You may now access the entirety of the TWP Roleplay Discord server, including your continent chat!

The following balance changes were made:

Hide contents

Pahalena:

• Increased requested population density. Average was requested, above average was given to match total population requested

Teviar:

• No adjustments needed.

Pedandria

• Increased requested population. You specified ~4 million, but requested "Average" population and density. 4 million people would make your nation well below average in both of those, so it was doubled. 8 million is still a bit below average.

Hashmiyyia

• Requested land area decreased.
  • Decreased requested GDP/Capita—above average was requested, slightly below average was given. We chose this metric to reduce above others due to your specifying the nation is "on its path to improvement" with a history of instability and conflict.
  • Nation name adjusted after talking about it.
  • Location adjusted after talking about it.

Greiya

• No adjustments needed.

Resident nation: Kingdom of Rhamenia

Discord name: t.lerate

Map nation name: Rhamenia

Rhamenia is a kingdom under a fairly new government and monarchy system after the last one was thrown over due to general disliking by the public, and high government officials.

Map request as an image or plot number: A19

3-Letter Code: RNA                                 2-Letter Code: RA

Capital City: Saint Hayden

Government Type: Constitutional Monarchy

The population of my nation is: Average

The population density of my nation is: Average

The GDP per capita of my nation is: Average

x

x

• 2 weeks later...

Esferos v1.14

Esferos_1_14.thumb.png.61bb29988639c9cef4d8355af15a005a.png

Welcome @Rhamenia!

No balancing changes needed to be made! Nonetheless, please check the Big Book of Numbers and let us know via DM if you'd like any of them changed and we'll work on it together. You can also check out more info on balance in the Guidance on Session Zero. We encourage you to use the Sheets comment feature to comment desired changes on cells in your row and we'll update them for you (this also applies to blank cells).

• 3 weeks later...

Resident nation:  Federal Republic of Nouveauterra

Discord name: zarboffthethird

Map nation name: The Commonwealth of Nouveauterra

A couple sentences about your nation: (original content, not NationStates stats) Created as a result of colonization, and a revolution, the nation is a cosmopolitan yet culturally foreign holdout on the continent. The nation holds onto remnants of Markian culture while having its own unique flavor.

Map request as an image or plot number: (forum embed or Imgur link) G-12

3-Letter Code:  NOV                                2-Letter Code: NV

Capital City: Pointe-d’Espoir

Government Type: Federal Semi-Unitary Presidential Republic

The population of my nation is:  Below average / Average / Above average Average

The population density of my nation is:  Below average / Average / Above average Below Average

The GDP per capita of my nation is:  Below average / Average / Above average Average

X

My nation’s government spending is a vast majority of our GDP, such as having to coordinate our import-dependent economy (this option is subject to Cartography Board approval)

X

My nation has made a commitment to security, and maintains a moderately sized modern armed forces within our means.

The nation has a few different inspirations working together. It has cultural influences from French/Ancient Roman history, national foundation inspiration from Australia and the United States of America (colony to freedom), and a final civic cultural inspiration from the Netherlands/South Africa (cosmopolitanism) and government structuring based on the French government.

It is very amalgamated, but will be ironed out more thoroughly with time.

Esferos v1.15

Esferos_1_15.thumb.png.17a842eae1d0ff989db0ced183875700.png

Welcome @Nouveau!

No balancing changes needed to be made! Nonetheless, please check the Big Book of Numbers and let us know via DM if you'd like any of them changed and we'll work on it together. You can also check out more info on balance in the Guidance on Session Zero. We encourage you to use the Sheets comment feature to comment desired changes on cells in your row and we'll update them for you (this also applies to blank cells).

Please also note that the two-letter code NV is already taken by New Velka, please choose a different one.

Discord name:
MarshalOfKestphyria 
Map nation name: Peoples Republic of Kestphyria 

A couple sentences about your nation: (original content, not NationStates stats) 

A Safe,Culturally Awake nation, It's about the size of The Holy Roman Empire, It's national animal is the Kestphyr Bison witch the Kestphyrians hunted and fed off of for many years, It is a Communist country, It has the propaganda art style like North Korea and the Buildings like the Soviet union, propaganda posters are everywhere, the government does not like Religion (it's an atheist state) The leader and his family are highly respected and loved by the people, the government is devoted to Welfare, education and Police and also army, due to the nation being new, the economy is weaker due to the introduction of communism, there was a lot more people in Kestphyria but the evil Monarchy would want to suppress the revolution so it killed a lot of the population 10 million Kestphyrians as a lot of them died under the evil Monarchy too, The revolution was led by the Marshal of Kestphyria Vladov Kirzik, the king and his family were executed, The National Holydays of Kestphyria are: The leaders Birthday (18th of February) AKA Day of The Young 
Labour Day 
Day of the Revolution:15th of March 
And a few more (There is a lot more of Kestphyrias history and origin of the kestphyr people) 

Map request as an image or plot number: (forum embed or Imgur link)

3-Letter Code:                                  2-Letter Code:

Capital City:

Kestphyrula 

Government Type:
Tyranycal 

The population of my nation is:  average 

The population density of my nation is:  Average  

The GDP per capita of my nation is:   Average

Resident nation: Conania

Discord name: leafsong_warriors

Map nation name: Conania

A couple sentences about your nation: Formerly part of the sprawling Kalmachian Empire, Conania's struggle to be an independent country has seen it be plagued by civil war, coups and political unrest constantly since the empire fell back in the 40s. With a period of peace that has lasted an uncharacteristically long time, it seems things in the nation are finally beginning to stabilise again, and it can finally focus on getting its failing economy back off the ground.

Map request as an image or plot number: https://imgur.com/T3F5Q6G

3-Letter Code: CON                                 2-Letter Code: CN

Capital City: Auno

Government Type: Parliamentary republic

The population density of my nation is:  Above average

X

X

Conania's language is inspired by Italian in terms of its phonology. It has increased military spending even during these years of peace due to the threat of civil war.

Resident nation: Delaste

Discord name: danzav8

Map nation name: Delaste

A good develop country although under a totalitarian country that feels itself to be the happiest country

Map request as an image or plot number: A8

3-Letter Code:  DLS                                2-Letter Code: DL

Capital City: Korbelle

Government Type: Unitary Presidential Republic under Totalitarian Dominant Party System

The population density of my nation is:  Below average / Average / Above average

x

x

It's name mixed from all of the world although they call themselves Delastean

Resident nation: Republic of Skaggerak (NS: The Armed Republic of Skaggerak)

Discord name: nachtritter

Map nation name: Skaggerak

A couple sentences about your nation: The Republic of Skaggerak is a crude social democracy with public ownership of all food production and a fully militarized populace. Visitors to Skaggerak are often dumbfounded at the apparent lack of cities, as the Skaggeraki population is dispersed across the many tiny islands in the Skaggerak Channel with some, slightly larger, settlements in the many coves and fjords alongside the mountains which border the channel. Skaggeraki are famed for their long history as a nation of merchant-traders although some tales of Skaggeraki longships being used to raid and plunder former trading partners have made it down through the ages as well.

Map request as an image or plot number: W-9 plot requested, but with many more fragmentary islands in the channel and extending below it, to look terrain wise (within and below the channel) a bit more like the section below W-11 in terms of islands.

3-Letter Code:  RSK                                2-Letter Code: SR

Capital City: Skaggerak Isle

Government Type: Social Democracy

The population density of my nation is:  Below average

The GDP per capita of my nation is:  Above average

X

X

Spending should likely be in line with modern Scandinavian countries in terms of social expenditures, however the communal ownership of certain things makes this more of a 'foreigner estimate' than actual cost-value in practice(which really is no different than university or medicine in modern Norway). The communal mindset regarding resources of value to the entire populace automatically carries over to things like uranium mining with those being consdered communal property and, in practice, owned/controlled by state-owned industry for the benefit of all Skaggeraki. Terrain requested inspired by southeast Alaska, remote and rugged terrain, dispersed population, lots of rugged little islands and fjords and mountains and taiga.

The government structure of the Skaggeraki was inspired by early pre-christian Viking and Iriquois, with all citizens having a direct voice and a bottom up structure of governance with each higher level of government elected by the one below it and subject to replacement by the will of the people. All food production is considered the property of all Skaggeraki and thus all farmland and fishing vessels are communally owned. Due to the communal nature of Skaggeraki society, as it advanced into the modern era healthcare and education were considered universal rights as well, thus all higher education and healthcare are free to all Skaggeraki. Due to the remote nature of most Skaggeraki settlements, remote learning, remote work and telemedicine are universally used throughout the Republic.

The Skaggeraki population is mostly dispersed across the many islets of the Skaggerak Channel, as well as in the coves and fjords of the land along both sides of the bay, abutting the mountains(think norway or southeast alaska) in small communities which center around a longhall. In our world the Vikings are renowned for raiding and their trading origins are largely forgotten or dismissed, the Skaggeraki were inspired by this but opposite - renowned for their trading ancestors with their raiding history mostly forgotten or dismissed,

Due to the nature of the terrain, all Skaggeraki are expert sailors and can make/operate small vessels(think canoes and kayaks - but with a viking longship style of construction(e.g. viking longboats were typically 18+ bench vessels with the smallest known coming in at 6 benches(which would be crewed by 12, could be crewed by 6 in a tight pinch, and could carry up to 24 or cargo equaling that weight, scaling this down to 1 bench would be a 2man vessel, 2 bench for a 4man vessel, etc with each vessel operable by half of the number of benches and capable of carrying up to double the number of benches in total(1 bench operable by 1 person could carry up to 2, 2 bench operable by 2 people, could carry up to 4))

The largest, mostly barren, Isle in the middle of the channel has been adopted as the seat of government, as well as being the largest naval base. Due to the social nature of life in Skaggerak all communities engage in direct democracy at the settlement level and can, if they feel the need, send a representative to 'the Isle'(as it is called by the Skaggeraki) to directly voice their desires and wishes, including the demand for the election of a new leader. A new leader is elected whenever the Skaggeraki decide they need to do so, and that leader is responsible for international relations and any law or decision which is passed affecting all Skaggeraki communities can be repealed by a majority vote of the populace.

Skaggeraki religion is mostly a mystery to outsiders, and not taken very seriously by Skaggeraki in general. Their belief system mainly consists of animism(think native american reverence for animal spirits and nature) and ancestor reverence(think something like Laires in roman society or confucian ancestor worship, in practice the skaggeraki treat many of their ancestors the way that IRL catholics treat their patron saints while having a strong reverence for nature). The ice bear is held to be especially sacred, as the Skaggeraki legends tell of the sinking of their first homeland in a volcanic cataclysm and their resettlement to Skaggerak(think 4-5 thousand years prior, should be able to find archaeological evidence for future rp). In these legends the first home was a land of desert mountains and fjords(something like Musandam in Oman) and upon their arrival in the frozen north the ice bear was said to be a protective spirit, wise and fierce, of the Skaggeraki people.

The entire population is armed, required to serve two years conscription at the age of majority(18) and then remain a reserve militiaman until the age of retirement(65) much like IRL Switzerland - citizenship is dependent on this two year term of service and citizenship is required to vote at any level in Skaggeraki society. A small permanent armed force, consisting of one battalion of special forces divided into companies each specializing in a certain type of terrain(mountain and tundra, naval and marine engagement, forest and taiga, desert and jungle, and counter-insurgence urban and rural combat techniques)and one battalion of support personelle for them, much like IRL Germany. In practice this means that almsot every community in Skaggerak has a dock capable of launching military vessels and a stockpile of arms as well as other military equipment as the entire population of each settlement is also the settlement militia(think safety committees in pre-revolution america, except everybody is a member).

OOC: So this is basically a what-if scenario, I spend some time playing crusader kings so... what if desert tribes from the fjords of oman had a massive resettlement event(like ancient polynesians) and ended up way tf up north in some frozen spot like norway? What if the social democracy of pre-Christian vikings were a modern government? What if both of those were the same thing?

Inspirational stuff:
image.png.13ec3d2bda79a8ee06e99c44a841ebdc.png

X2suanBn.jpg

image.thumb.png.a98255aabc88ad877b61b1ba7d40d11a.png

Esferos v1.16

Esferos_1_16.thumb.png.271689603b8c10874221fd5163d26470.png

Welcome @Conania, @Delaste, and @Skaggerak!

Delaste, please also note that the two-letter code DL is already taken by Dilber, please choose a different one.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2018 at 11:53 PM, Bran Astor said:

Resident nation: 

Discord name:

Map nation name:

3-Letter Code:                                  2-Letter Code:

Capital City:

Government Type:

Resident nation: Libertasi

Discord name: thedustiestnewsman

Map nation name: The United Republics of Libertasi

The Great Republic of Libertasi has been a center of democratic prowess for many generations, though the golden age of the republic has dissipated by the current age of Esferos, with rampant corruption and a cunning iron fist. The goverment has been forcing ideals and outlawing freedom of speech, shutting down protests and riots with their militarized police force.

But that is on the outskirt districts where the poor suffer and gamble their lifes away in hopes for a better future. In the inner and richer districts... and in the other rich but not necessarily inner districts, the police force are less brutal and the democratic view is more prominent, showing another side of this deceptive coin where the nation runs.

This dictatorial democracy is overshadowed by it's prominent addition to the international community, sending aid to helpless nations and defending the people of the weak (if it benefits them). Libertasi is very dependent on its industry, forcing the poor and homeless to endlessly work on its factories on a strict and tight schedule, elections are held between several parties to show that Libertasi is still somewhat democratic.

Libertasi is also dependent on its public image, often introducing questionable quality of life reforms and projects to benefit the poor slightly but to also fix up the slums. Often when it makes mistakes, the Misinformation Division will cover it up, which explains why they are paid the most. But with little to no fertile farmland (because of the factories and such), Libertasi is reliant on its imports and export goods to keep the nation running, which is why they use their coastlines specifically for imports and exports, with the fishing industry forced to move out to the outer islands.

Map request as an image or plot number: https://imgur.com/a/3Tn7kMJ , I request the plot of P8, though there is two and i am slightly confused

3-Letter Code:     LBS                             2-Letter Code: LS

Capital City: Frehestus

Government Type: Federal Republic

The GDP per capita of my nation is:  Above Average

x

x

We are armed, not for the foreign support missions we do nor for defense or even to attack another nation. It is for the dreaded Royalist... a few, or perhaps a hundred year or two ago, the people rose up agaisnt the previous goverment. A Monarchy, The House of Lucia and its Empire of Therisia was just getting itself into too much trouble and it costed the people the economy, the people rose up alongside the disillusioned army.

What remained of royal influence remained in loyalist districts and the capital, where they held their ground the longest, a revolution broke into a civil war... millions died and it made several of the industrial districts and other districts to turn baron, hence why we have no fertile farm land. And after what felt like a lifetime, or like thirty years. The capital fell and the revolution took out the royal family but a few managed to escape with the remaining army.

We are unsure but terrorist attack have been popping up a lot the past decade, with the royal banner planted at the centre of the chaos. rumors spread like fire and weariness grew, which is why we formed the Head of Misinformation, to find out where this Royalist Resistance is located and stop them. Or it could cost Libertasi another million lives

Resident nation: Aftreja

Discord name: Aftreja91346

Map nation name: Aftreja

Aftreja aims to provide peace and freedom to its citizens through free and open elections. The nation prioritizes political freedom while aiming to grow the economy and improve civil liberties. Aftreja hopes to gain international influence and establish itself as an example of an ideal nation. Citizens are required to serve in the armed forces for a minimum of one year in the interest of national security. 

The official motto of Aftreja is Live in Peace and Forget not the Past. We hope to create an internationally-connected and relevant history which is worthy of being remembered in our motto. We are excited to join Esferos and hope to establish connections with other nations. 

Map request as an image or plot number: As no nation has yet opted to have this island as their home (plots W1-W9) on behalf of the Republic of Aftreja I would like to request plots W1, W2, and W6. If more of this territory remains available as our population increases we will likely pursue expanding into other areas of the island.

image.thumb.png.1afd97d729412b07851ca929a5c35d88.png

3-Letter Code:  AFT                                2-Letter Code: AJ

Capital City: Ciiqala

Government Type: Democratic Republic

The GDP per capita of my nation is:  Average

X

X

Resident nation: Guiseran Republic(Guiseria)

Discord name: Steelii

Map nation name: Guiseran Republic(Guiseria)

A couple of sentences about your nation: 

Guiseria aims to be part pacifist, and defensive when it needs to. (when others are attacking me)We hope to be internationally connected to others via peace. We believe in having good civil rights and allow voting among those who are 18 and above, thus having political freedom.

Yd1gIeQ.jpg

3-Letter Code:    GSR                              2-Letter Code: GN

Capital City: Gati

Government Type: Inoffensive Centric Democracy

The population density of my nation is: Average 

X

X

This country is based on The Chinese and Mongolian populace throughout Siberia.

• 2 weeks later...

Resident nation: Nalibia

Discord name: Milkdrinker1880

Map nation name: Nalibia

Nalibia is a multi-ethnic nation unified under a single faith. Over the past thousands of years the people of Nalibia have fought and reunified several times. The first unification referred to as the first founding happened around 2130BF (subject to change once I see the official timeline) under Akachi the unfaithful; whom also founded the present day state religion. Akachi is still revered by all peoples of Nalibia to this day. More recently the nation was officially reunified in 1015AF under it's present day constitution. 

Claim2.thumb.png.c9fceba66526a0f97a9d9daba0c287a6.png

3-Letter Code: NLA                                 2-Letter Code: NL

Capital City: The Holy Imperial City of Chikere

Government Type: Theocratic Constitutional Monarchy

The population density of my nation is:  Below Average

The GDP per capita of my nation is:  Average

X

X

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=nalibia/detail=factbook/id=1996408

P.S. I was hoping and wondering would the region I picked be a Rainforest/Tropical Biome?