NS Influence Change in TWP and all GCR's

Westwind

I expect that all this is well above my 'pay grade', but what will/might be the guidelines that will be used to sling-shot nations out of TWP?  Apart from TWP Regional Happenings, will there be any other tangible evidence to other nations as to who has 'got the chop' and are we looking at 5, 10, 20, 50, or 100 nations?

Medio

"Slingshot" refers to a maneuver whereby the Delegate switches places with a Guardian for a short time allowing that Guardian to eject nations which may pose a threat to the region.  This preserves the Delegate's influence levels and rids the region of potential problems.

It is a patented TWP method and is a testament to the high level of trust the region places in it's guardian system.  :)

If the method were to be used, the number of nations which were ejected would be very small.

Sorry for the confusion, Medio.  We perfected the SlingShot back when I was a minnow delegate and we needed to remove a few regional threats.  I gave up the Big Chair for about 4 days.  And Dark is correct that it is only possible in a region where players are trusted.

Sorry for the confusion, Medio.  We perfected the SlingShot back when I was a minnow delegate and we needed to remove a few regional threats.  I gave up the Big Chair for about 4 days.  And Dark is correct that it is only possible in a region where players are trusted.

I was away on holiday at the time and hadn't logged in for a few days.  When I did I thought "Holy coup Batman" - then caught up with the news that TAO and a nation called Cave Canem (much missed from these boards) had done a swap and CC was busy clearing house.

I'm a bit late to this, but regarding monitoring those not endorsing the Delegate in order to enforce a lower cap: If we have any scripters in the region, this can be accomplished pretty easily (I think) with a script. Both the UDL IRC bot, FriarTuck, and the Spiritus IRC bot, Tammy, have commands that you can use to easily get a list of nations not endorsing any WA nation. For whatever reason the UDL has limited this function to channels FriarTuck is in, but Spiritus doesn't mind use of this function on its bot by query. The command is .nne, so basically you would query Tammy with:

.nne All Good People

And that will give you a handy list of WA nations not endorsing AGP. Aside from its use for this cap it's also helpful for tarting.

I would encourage TWP to develop its own script for this though as it's never a good idea to rely on other regions' technology, if for no other reason than if something changes in that region the technology could disappear altogether. That has happened with FriarTuck previously when Eluvatar has fallen inactive.

I would encourage TWP to develop its own script for this though as it's never a good idea to rely on other regions' technology, if for no other reason than if something changes in that region the technology could disappear altogether. That has happened with FriarTuck previously when Eluvatar has fallen inactive.

*cough*

*cough* indeed.

:twpflag: :twpflag:

oh and I'm down 10 points since the changes happened, said changes coinciding with some extensive business travel down south.

I've tarted up again, at any rate I'm 11 points down to you BBD and I believe I had gotten to within one point.

But I may be wrong, *shrugs*

• 2 weeks later...

I just didn't like how some of the NS++ features work, and besides, I mostly use Internet Explorer.

I do have the means to check endorsements though.  On my lastest check, there was one nation that had exceeded the low cap.  I contacted him, and he's given me his endorsement.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd forgotten about the infinite scroll, I didn't care for it either.

Yeah, I do use IE 10.

I will note that there were two nations that had exceeded the low cap, but have endorsed the Delegate since being contacted.  There is one nation that remains above the high cap due to slowly allowing his endos to drop since the establishment of the new caps.  He has given no endorsements, so I consider him in compliance.

Our WA population had risen to 485, but has dropped to 440 since the beginning of the month.  ~74% of WA nations have endorsed the Delegate, which I consider to be very good.