Llamas and Mexican Foods

ELEGARTH: 10 (Nox, Recuecn, Little Sealand, Archsium, Mediobogdum, Westwind, cluntobone, Yy4u, Eli, Elegarth)

LLAMAS: 10(Ike, A fish in the Sea, Hariko, lemonpledge, punkdaddy, LLamas, Cormac, Sad-States, Pestarzt, URAP)

ABSTAIN: 0

INVALID VOTES: 3 (Fealess, Tomb, Soguisoguikawaiiland)

As per our General Election Guidelines Act:

4. After the nomination period, a 5 day plurality vote shall be held in the RA to determine the election result. There shall be the option for voting RA members to abstain. RA members are required to state their votes in posts for them to be counted. Multiple positions can be voted for in the same election.

a. If there is only one accepted nomination, a consent vote shall follow the same principle of requiring a plurality vote;

b. In the event of a tie, a run-off election shall be held starting 3 days after the election results are given; the candidates tied up can campaign during this time but no other candidates are allowed to continue campaigning;

This mean we will have to start a new voting, between Llamas and Elegarth. In order for further ideas to be debetable, I will start this NEW vote on Wednesday, so voth Llamas and I have 2 more days to extend or clear questions for the campaigns. I will run this election, I'll make my resignation effective one we get a new selected Prime Minister.

CAMPAIGNING IS HENCE OPEN AGAIN

>.< I am annoyed by the fact that the only reason why I did not win is because you cast a vote for yourself at the last minute, after it was impossible for anybody else to respond.

I actually voted 5 minutes before it ended, when I was reminded on IRC that I haven't voted.

You and I both had 5 days to vote, bro. I honestly didn't realized you haven't till I counted.

I actually voted 5 minutes before it ended, when I was reminded on IRC that I haven't voted.

You and I both had 5 days to vote, bro. I honestly didn't realized you haven't till I counted.

I assumed that you were abstaining out of a sense of duty, because you didn't want to vote for yourself, just as I was. What really annoys me is that I considered casting a vote in the last couple of minutes, to prevent you from voting and forcing a tie. I decided to have faith in you instead and didn't. You're entirely allowed to vote here for yourself; there's no rule against it. It's just that I honestly expected a bit more from you.

do you think the Prime Minister should have any role game wise?

I was about to post a similar question.

I believe I know the answer since it has been stated several times that the Prime Minister should be a Guardian within this thread but I would like to know for certain what other role Llamas envisions.

I personally see this as the problem with the entire idea of a Prime Minister.  It was all well and good to have a Speaker for the Assembly but a PM implies a certain level of regional authority that this offsite community was not ever meant to possess under the current structure, in my opinion.

How should a Prime Minister behave if things don't go his way?

I disagree that the PM should be a guardian. The system works because of loyalty regardless of forum position. Forum position should NEVER be linked to in-game position.

do you think the Prime Minister should have any role game wise?

Yes. The Prime Minister must serve as the Forum's ambassador, so to speak, to the in-game: Helping the delegate to understand the interests of the forums and building closer ties between the two.

How should a Prime Minister behave if things don't go his way?

Not quite sure what you're asking by that.

I disagree that the PM should be a guardian. The system works because of loyalty regardless of forum position. Forum position should NEVER be linked to in-game position.

Perhaps, if that's what you believe. I can hardly force you to pick a specific person as Guardian; however, I believe that it would be a good idea for the Delegate to allow the PM to exceed the endorsement cap.

Why?

It builds ties between the in-game and the forum, helping them work together, and also improves trust by allowing the forum government to have at least a bit of power in-game to serve as a counterbalance to the other Guardians' authority.

It builds ties between the in-game and the forum, helping them work together, and also improves trust by allowing the forum government to have at least a bit of power in-game to serve as a counterbalance to the other Guardians' authority.

I believe Eli was pointing out that this is an incorrect way to look at the position of Prime Minister.

To be honest, even if you win this election, as it seems you might, I am not so certain having you take up the role would be in the best interests of the community since you clearly are seeking to undermine the ultimate reason for the role to begin with.

The PM can not have an ingame component in TWP because the Delegate has stated that it can not be so. This has been clear from the onset.

the answer only required one word, you are trying to appropriate a role that isn't allowed for you.

so NO works perfectly, the answer is no.

No the PM may not have any in game role.

NO

:) vote for someone else Assembly members

What if I start a separate government tomorrow ? And I appoint Punk Daddy Prime Minister. Shall the Prime Minister of my government also be given a Guardianship ingame in addition to the Prime Minister of this government ? It would be absurd.

The difference being that you created that government unilaterally, whereas these forums are the official government-sanctioned ones.

What you said makes no sense.

Whoever wants to join another TWP government is welcome to do so.  And my government will recognize these forums just as much as this government.  As I have said, we have had two governments on the form...actually three...at one time.  That has nothing to do with ingame.  No one on any offsite forum anywhere can demand an ingame position.  They might get one if the region desires to be managed that way, that's true.  But the hard reality is that Max and NationStates do not recognize offsite forums in any way, shape, or form.  There is no higher authority than the Delegate ingame.  If the Delegate says 'no', that's the end of it.

So ingame does not equal offsite.

My main concern with your candidacy is that you don't seem to have a firm grasp of how our system actually works.

It would appear that you will win this election, but it may be the case that some will leave the Assembly and form an opposing government or simply go with Arch and try out a new constitutional convention to create something different.

Who knows.  What I do know is that I am surprised that so many people are voting for someone to uphold the ideals of a system that he doesn't seem to support.

This govt and its leadership are not 'officially' sanctioned by the in game government, the in game government just doesn't prevent this from happening in keeping with our long tradition of true laissez faire governing. We've had more that one forum govt going at the same time before.

And Vlagh is right we are too anarchical to believe that there can't be multiple claims to legitimacy.

The point is Llamas, you EARN in game cred by the service you provide to the members here and on the game site.

The election is not in and of itself evidence of your having earned that in game influence. That doesn't mean you can't get there and winning an election is evidence that you can build political sway, but it's just the first step my camelid friend