18 Members?!?!?

Fratellnoir

I think we should leave details, debates and discussions to a new Regional Assembly rather than have a constitutional convention. The idea of having yet-another-constitutional-convention hurts my brain.

2012 Charter of The West Pacific

We the gathered nation of the NationStates region of The West Pacific, in order to provide understanding and a basic structural framework, hereby establish this Charter.

I. The World Assembly Delegate of The West Pacific is the Chief Executive of the region.

II. The Regional Assembly consists of all nations the reside in The West Pacific that wish to participate on the offsite forum.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of them have we been through Big-G? Three? Four?

I was also a delegate of like three other regions so at this point I have no idea how many constitutions I have conventioned... convened?

But yeah flexible and simple is good, I like the idea of letting everyone just debate it in a regional assembly sort of set up.

Rather than a constitution, I would prefer an ad hoc arrangement to deal with situations as they arise. This arrangement (call it what you will) would involve the Delegate in charge of a pyramid organization of for example guardians, followed by a House of Lords or just members with various responsibilities or none. All decisions and discussions of various matters would be saved and used as a reference source for future actions or judgements.

*chuckles*

What Eli doesn't realize is that he never was given a bong ... it was simply a long curly straw set into a barrel of vodka and, to produce 'smoke', a little dry ice chunk was floated on the top.

The anarchy stuff is real though: Eli is an ardent anarchist.

Good grief....anarchy

It has come to this has it? LoL

Actually, an anarchy does make sense for the structure that TWP has been slowly evolving to. Is Tweedy proposing a court? Judges? Jurors? Whatever the final destiny for all this will be, there still has to be a standard of behavior defined(loosely or specifically) to base decisions on. Anarchy will redifine the delegate, will it not? Will this be too far removed from what the game may define it as? Does this matter? Antimatter?

Antimatter.

The Delegate is defined by game mechanics regardless of what else we do ..... or don't do :P

As it stands (or sits) now, IMO, the structure is simply:

The Delegate

The Guardians

The Mayor

Toss in an Assembly/Committee-of-The-Whole/Courtyard for everyone that wants to participate, and see where it all takes us.

I can start working on that. I can be an Ambassador myself to those regions I already frequent. Others should be able to do the same without it being a burden on their time. But I'll need someone to help write updates for our Embassies or I'll get overloaded :P They don't need to be epic, just enough to let other regions know we're alive and kicking periodically.

Now Hiring: TWP Ambassadors - See the NS World, and visit Exotic Regions. Join the TWP Foreign Service team today !