Recruiting: The Script

Remember that not only noobs view this, but anyone who moves to our region, so I'm trying my best to cater to all audiences. The current one is obviously centred on players already somewhat familiar with NS. This is a welcome, not an intensive endotarting campaign. I'm reluctant to make it too short, a lack of information is equally annoying to people.

Yes I will probably remove the please be aware section, I just had paranoid run earlier today and felt such people needed to know they aren't welcome. Though it does have a certain ring to it...

I'm actually completely open to someone else doing a telegram, I've just been making do until someone can come up with something better.  :unsure:

Just post it here and I will run it, or a slightly edited version of it anyway.  :twpflag:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A rough cut at a differently focused TG.

Welcome illustrious nation to The West Pacific

You’ve probably received a bunch of messages asking you to leave The West Pacific, TWP as we call it. But our region is a ‘feeder’ region meaning that new players such as yourself are sent here when their nation is created.

Why?

Because a feeder is the best place to learn how to play the game, meet new people, and get involved with the game at your own pace. Did you know TWP contains players who have been playing this game for over a decade and ones just like you who’ve only played for a short time. We’re all committed to helping you become another in a long line of new players who have joined our region and have gotten to know others and left a mark on the game.

So come, check us out on our forums and introduce yourself. You never know, you may be just the person TWP needs to take over the world, I mean…well you know what I mean…or do you?

http://twp.nosync.org

Nation X,

TWP Welcoming Committee – sending TWP love, one nation at a time.

I think we want to cater to new nations, seasoned players with nations formed in TWP are just creating their puppets and moving on. Noobies are the people we need to recruit, imo.

Might be best to explain the link at the bottom is to the forums, otherwise they won't know what it is?

Unrelated to this telegram, I think we should also devise a plan to get more of our existing peoples to use the forums.

Summer is generally a very slow time in NS, although the past couple summers have been more active than previous years.  It gets worse come late July and August, on into September.  Unless there's an event of interest (a coup, a war), it's hard to get people to spend their time online when they can be out enjoying the summer.  I've had summers in NS where I was the only active member of government.

In evidence of the current summer slowdown, all feeders have lost about 600 nations each in the past six weeks.  Expect that to continue.  Although if Max and Admin would finish up their '95% completed' new features, it would boost activity (I don't expect anything anytime soon, but they've surprised us before). Sometimes raiders provide a boost of activity in the summer as they often have more younger players available over summer vacation that will show up for updates.

I guess my point is, it's good to keep things running, but it's going to be at a slower pace till the fall.  So don't expect a campaign for activity will have large results.  Best thing is to keep interacting ingame as our 'front lines' for activity, and interacting with other regions that are remaining active over the summer.

I like PD's TG, and yeah.... experienced players passing through will likely only pay attention to a welcome telegram in reference to see what we are doing compared to what other regions are doing.  It does show we're more active than others, so it does help, but it is the new players whose attention we want to catch before they move elsewhere.

• 1 year later...

Be careful.  Recruiting in other feeders is considered very bad form.

The script could be used to recruit from nations in UCRs that don't appear to be doing so well.

I have no intention of pissing off/letting the forum piss off GCRs if I can avoid it.

I was using telegram stamps to counter recruit from regions that blanketed TWP with recruitment.  The same could be done still.  Note that scripts need the region's API to use, which is stored for security somewhere around here.  

But of course, you can just use NS++ for it's recruitment script also.