Administrative Question

Admins,

Who currently can / has access to the Constitutional Convention forums? Is any new member that registers here able to see the sign-in thread? Are we being 100% open with sign ins to the Constitutional Convention?

Thanks!

Forum is open for anybody to post in, regardless of HGA membership. Whether you want to count the votes of those who don't have the mask is up to you, however, as Prime Minister.

Since I asked an administrative question, I'll wait for the administrative answer. However, HGA membership is pointless at this point, as the HGA no longer exists :D

We should also have a chair manage this, and I'd like to propose Vlagh as chair of the Constitutional Convention, since it technically falls within his area of expertise.

I am chair of the Convention in the sense that it is still within my Ministry and I will determine which proposals go to vote, specifically any form of government that does not seek to impose offsite rule over in-game situations.

Since the offsite government is not reliant on in-game status, I am not certain linking a nation within TWP is necessary but am open to suggestions or other opinions. Perhaps if that is the case those that vote should include a nation link with their vote?

I am chair of the Convention in the sense that it is still within my Ministry and I will determine which proposals go to vote, specifically any form of government that does not seek to impose offsite rule over in-game situations.

Since the offsite government is not reliant on in-game status, I am not certain linking a nation within TWP is necessary but am open to suggestions or other opinions. Perhaps if that is the case those that vote should include a nation link with their vote?

I don't really mind non-residents contributing ideas, but voting should be restricted to residents, in my view. This is an off-site community, but it's still the off-site community of the West Pacific. It's so easy to create a nation that anyone who can't at least reside in the region has no business voting on community matters.

Do we think we could simply ask the delegate if she'd be willing to support particular proposals? By support, I mean she sees no issue with the proposal and how she runs the region. Obviously, as delegates change the new delegate would need to affirm the existing government (which is no change from today) and the current delegate is always willing to change his/her mind. The offsite government - imo - exists and has power at the pleasure of the sitting delegate. 

Do we think we could simply ask the delegate if she'd be willing to support particular proposals? By support, I mean she sees no issue with the proposal and how she runs the region. Obviously, as delegates change the new delegate would need to affirm the existing government (which is no change from today) and the current delegate is always willing to change his/her mind. The offsite government - imo - exists and has power at the pleasure of the sitting delegate. 

You are correct, we exist at the Delegate's pleasure.  In the current situation, I am certain we can ask the Delegate which governmental system that is put up for vote she favors, but I am thinking that so long as we maintain complete separation of the off-site and in-game governance she will not care about the format.

I would be concerned if a long standing member of the community like Tweedy wasn't able to vote because he is DOS onsite....

But those are isolated cases that would perhaps more easily be handled in a case by case basis I think

That is correct, should Tweedy decide that RL allows more time to participate here once again we will allow that.

There won't be any opposition, I'm sure. If there is we will persuade them to adopt our point of view.

I would be concerned if a long standing member of the community like Tweedy wasn't able to vote because he is DOS onsite....

Indeed. I don't like the fact that he's disqualified from voting in the HGA under the current rules, which require an in-game nation in TWP, for example. To remedy this, I added the section on honorary membership to the constitutional draft I put up earlier, which would allow Tweedy to participate, for example, and I think this is something which should be incorporated with every draft to help protect individuals who cannot place a nation in the region for whatever reason, but only so long as they are active participators.