admin change requests deux

'Tis done !

As for the Minister of Make Believe, yes the position has mod rights.  Like the Minister for Legislative RP, the position was created by the Delegate, so any change in status will require Delegate approval to remove Terran Borealis. Although I imagine if you nudge Dark about it, there'll be no problem.

Okay, thank you Westwind.

Could we demask everyone who is masked as military at this point?

Also - it looks like intelligence is no longer under the purview of defense. Would it be possible to move Intel to it's own area? This is just a matter of choice for me but i'd rather not see posts in intel, try to click, and get a permission warning. If not, I'll be fine but if Intel is no longer under Defense I'd prefer it to be in its own slice of the forum world.

Also, does the Minister of Make-Believe have any jurisdiction in Internal Affairs? Terran Borealis doesn't seem very active on the forums from what I've noticed, so I'm not sure if he/she still has that position.

This is the response I had from TB when I asked him about his commitment to maintain this role some 3 months ago:

"Yeah sorry about that. Two things happened that has kept me from NS:

My school re-blocked it. That is the main reason. I have started to work harder at school.

Sorry I couldn't keep it up."

Could we demask everyone who is masked as military at this point?

Also - it looks like intelligence is no longer under the purview of defense. Would it be possible to move Intel to it's own area? This is just a matter of choice for me but i'd rather not see posts in intel, try to click, and get a permission warning. If not, I'll be fine but if Intel is no longer under Defense I'd prefer it to be in its own slice of the forum world.

*goes to work*

Removing 17 members from TWP Military.....*phew!*

I'd like the Advocate to confirm what is wanted for the Deputy departments, how they are organized in relation to each other. Combined/Split/Access shared or not.  I've no problem with your request, but want to make sure I'm not putting it all back again if the Advocate has other thoughts. (I'm just trying to proceed with an abundance of caution to avoid stepping on anyone's toes).  

I'd also considered archiving or moving the Judiciary, since judicial matter are now the province of The Voice, and not a separate area.  But I await The Advocate or The Voice to make those decisions.

I planned to do that precisely Westy. I'll do it Tomorrow. In the meantime I can confirm all the deputies (Hariko, Resu, URA, Nox, PD and Vlagh) should be able to access the echo chamber

So, by all means, here is my idea:

No Deputy Advocate should lack access to private areas of other DA's, except for Military and Intel who may need to have a top classified forum for Intel, Military DAs and the Advocate + Guardians + Admins + Delegate.

*ponders*

Okay, so Echo Chamber access is set.

Do you want Intel and Military separated as PD requested ?

And should DA's all have access to the Army HQ regardless of their Army membership ? (noting that this is not a top classified forum, mearly a basic classified forum)

And should DA's all have access to the Army HQ regardless of their Army membership ? (noting that this is not a top classified forum, mearly a basic classified forum)

I'm not Elegarth- my word does not into law.

That having been said, I think all DAs are assigned seperate parts but function as a team and should indeed be able to access eachother's stuff.

I just mention it because of past experience with NS Military's and governments. Consider if you have a DA that has no military experience and may have unknown ties to other regions.  You automatically grant this person access to the Army HQ due to that, and you have created a security leak.  This person now sees each mission posted, and can tell the other side we're coming.  I personally tend to trust the Army to do it's own clearances outside of the government regardless of who it is.  Just my 2 cents.

I personally tend to trust the Army to do it's own clearances outside of the government regardless of who it is.  Just my 2 cents.

My penny's worth is that my gut feeling tells me that Westwind is correct.  How does PD feel about this?

Yes go ahead and separate army and Intel and do their top forums classified for whoever the da of each part wants plus the advocate only. And I think intel and MA advocate should have access to each other as well. I can pm you this in more detail if needed

I agree with Westie. I'm not a fan of all DA's having access to all areas.

For instance, I'm perfectly fine not having access to all areas of intel - the fewer people who have access to the most secretive intel areas the better - and I'd prefer not all people have access to the army's most secretive areas.

I'll defer to Elegarth, of course, but that's my opinion.

I agree with Westie. I'm not a fan of all DA's having access to all areas.

For instance, I'm perfectly fine not having access to all areas of intel - the fewer people who have access to the most secretive intel areas the better - and I'd prefer not all people have access to the army's most secretive areas.

I'll defer to Elegarth, of course, but that's my opinion.

This makes sense to me. TWP's foreign policy should normally direct its military and intel operations, in my opinion. (Obviously right now it's a bit different due to PD and Vlagh's *much* higher level of experience than me.) Thus I think all the DA's should have access to the the FA private forums, but not necessarily vice versa.

Of course, for now, it will be a moot point since I'm also guardian. 

This makes sense to me. TWP's foreign policy should normally direct its military and intel operations, in my opinion. (Obviously right now it's a bit different due to PD and Vlagh's *much* higher level of experience than me.) Thus I think all the DA's should have access to the the FA private forums, but not necessarily vice versa.

Of course, for now, it will be a moot point since I'm also guardian.

Yeah, I've got the same thing going on here.

Yeah, Guardians can see everything (ah, miss those days :)) so it is moot from that perspective.

But, just for the sake of argument let's assume that a DA goes off the rails, if all DAs can see everything then we've just left ourselves open. With Guardians & Admins able to access all areas, I think there's enough oversight of the DAs so that we shouldn't have to worry about something happening on the boards that would put the region at risk.

From a military perspective, I'd like to be able to conduct covert ops if necessary and keep as minimum people in the loop as possible just because of the security of the missions. With intel missions it's even more imperative to have as few knowing what's being done. 

If the FA DA would like other DAs in the know, I get that, especially for input and whatnot...but i'm not sure the street should go both ways.

But, just for the sake of argument let's assume that a DA goes off the rails, if all DAs can see everything then we've just left ourselves open. With Guardians & Admins able to access all areas, I think there's enough oversight of the DAs so that we shouldn't have to worry about something happening on the boards that would put the region at risk.

*begins evil plot*

I propose we open a thread in the echo chamber to discuss this instead of spamming this thread.

I will sent Westwind my current request, tomorrow, and then if we think there is a change needed from the discussion on echo I'll handle it with admins.

I propose we open a thread in the echo chamber to discuss this instead of spamming this thread.

I will sent Westwind my current request, tomorrow, and then if we think there is a change needed from the discussion on echo I'll handle it with admins.

Agreed.

hehe...but I like spamming the admin thread.

*pouts*

hahaha

hehe...but I like spamming the admin thread.

*pouts*

hahaha

LOL!

Ok, for the Admins, here is what I'd like the request to be processed (I'll discuss any other detail with the DAs and let you know).

1) Please separate Intel and Military areas as requested by Punk Dadday:

2) All DAs need to have access to the Echo Chamber.

3) The DAs of Military and Intel (in this case, Vlagh and Punk Daddy), should have access to whatever private respective areas they have under Military and Intelligence.

4) All DAs should have access to the private areas of other departments except Military and Intel.

5) The ADVOCATE should have access to ALL private areas except those saved for the guardians, delegates and admins - whatever they are.

6) I'm obviously ignoring guardians and admins accesses, they have access to everything and I'm ok with that.

The reasoning behind this is that, while I think we work as a team, I agree with the older generations that Military and Intel can usually be delicate and not openly accessible, and hence it has a higher access level. I know some of my DAs may still be able to see stuff there due to their Guardian status, and others won't, I'm trying to set this thinking of future position holders.

Would it be possible for someone to create a private subforum under Dass Nachrichten for the DN team to collaborate on articles and post BBCode? It would be much more convenient than the current set up we have...which is not really a set up at all, more like improvisation.

Preferably name it “The Printing Press” and give access to:

Nox

URAP

Hariko

Reçueçn

Fish

Elegarth is invited to have access if he's okay with hearing spoilers. URAP approves of the subforum.

Also would it be possible to delete the subforum The West Pacific → The West Pacific Cultural Centre → Office of Internal Affairs → Events → Debating Competition?

Thanks!

1) Please separate Intel and Military areas as requested by Punk Dadday:

punkdaddy, on 02 Jun 2015 - 9:08 PM, said:snapback.png

Done.

2) All DAs need to have access to the Echo Chamber.

3) The DAs of Military and Intel (in this case, Vlagh and Punk Daddy), should have access to whatever private respective areas they have under Military and Intelligence.

Done, and note that neither Military nor Intel have access to each other at this time unless I hear otherwise from you or PD and Vlagh.

4) All DAs should have access to the private areas of other departments except Military and Intel.

Done, and note that WA and Interior have no private areas, but have the Echo Chamber to share.

5) The ADVOCATE should have access to ALL private areas except those saved for the guardians, delegates and admins - whatever they are.

Done.  (Hopes that The Voice uses good care in who it elects in the future that will have all this full access too :P )

Would it be possible for someone to create a private subforum under Dass Nachrichten for the DN team to collaborate on articles and post BBCode? It would be much more convenient than the current set up we have...which is not really a set up at all, more like improvisation.

Preferably name it “The Printing Press”

Done.

and give access to:

Nox

URAP

Hariko

Reçueçn

Fish

And Done.

Also would it be possible to delete the subforum The West Pacific → The West Pacific Cultural Centre → Office of Internal Affairs → Events → Debating Competition?

Not only possible, but done.

:tiphat:

Done, and note that neither Military nor Intel have access to each other at this time unless I hear otherwise from you or PD and Vlagh.

Ideally, I want those two DAs to have the same access, as I see intel and military very close... but hold it for now and thanks