Curious about what lies ahead

TAO

Hmm...

The nature of this thread has been an idea in my mind recently. With regards to internal workings, we seem to be 'functional' - meaning, for me, just about working. Not chaotic. With regards to foreign affairs/military matters, we seem to be more reactive than pro-active. 

Though that is not necessarily a bad thing (being reactive is at the least better than being inactive), I can't help but wonder if any of the Guardians and the Delegate actually have any plans for further development of TWP as a region? Anything in the short term, or even the long run? Structure-wise? Gameplay-wise?

I just fear that stagnation of activity will worsen. The more stuff we have going on in the region, the more new nations will want to join in the fun. 

Much of what happens depends upon each of you, our members. 

To be quite frank, the Guardians have picked up the slack in areas where others have failed in order to maintain the 'functional' status of TWP, even thought that isn't their job.  I am extremely thankful for their assistance. I haven't seen any initiative on the part of Ambassadors or the Council of the Imperium to assist in our Foreign Affairs, so I and the Guardians have been handling it even though they are not the government.  I have issued statements on behalf of TWP when FA has been unable to do so.  I have a full time job as Delegate/Administrator/Head of Government already, so as I've said before, I can only do what I have time to do, the rest will fall by the wayside unless others step up.  I don't expect anyone to overload themselves, and I won't overload myself. I know how quickly that will lead to burn out.

I am engaged in discussions with several of our fellow GCR's.  The offsite Embassies between TWP and Osiris have both been reopened, and the normalization of our relations should continue.  I have been engaged in discussions with The Paciific, The East Pacific, and The South Pacific.  We have provided informal adminstrative assistance to The North Pacific, and I've gained diplomatic access in Balder.  I handle diplomatic and WA requests and questions ingame daily.

I handle inregion requests and questions daily, and monitor the region for threats.

I opened discussions on Osiris in the Landstaad and mostly got silence.  Of course, the situation in Osiris and with Gatesville consumed a great deal of my time and resources to the detriment of other areas.

I opened discussion on the COPS Treaty and got silence.

Other discussions languish unattended.  I would like to see the proposal I made regarding the formalization of the Landstraad move forward.  Once that is accomplished, I would like to move towards electing a Speaker there.

ISS continues to work towards greater activity and participation of it's team.  More needs to be done.

I'd like to see FA issue regular updates to our Embassies. We haven't issued a new update since April.  That disturbs me.  I asked the Ministers to provide updates from each Ministry to be included in updates, and this has not happened.

Sometimes the Council of the Imperium is very slow to respond to anything I bring to their attention.  Sometimes I have to pm them to get them to notice. Sometimes they are absent on summer vacations, that's normal and perfectly acceptable.  Some have not contributed at the level I would like to see, but the alternatives are few.  I notice how some are more actively engaged elsewhere than they are here.

Interior Affairs has been hampered by the summer doldrums, but I hope that will break soon.  You can't have an event unless their are active people to participate in them.  There seems to be an uptick in activity, but it's too early to tell if that's temporary, or the beginning of a trend.  But always keep in mind that it does not require the Interior Mininster to start a thread or activity, anyone can contribute.

Arbiter General for RP, Vesica, has been suffering the effects of RL, thus has not be actively attending RP.  If someone else is interested in taking the initiative to manage and support this area, let Intelligent Holograms and I know.

TWP Armed Forces have suffered from two inactive commanders that failed to address their own inactivity, and failed to respond to me repeatedly. We also suffered the loss of Westwind's Flying Circus, so we have not had that cross-participation to work with.  I have been in discussion with a couple people to work towards a remedy to this situation. And I have been in discussions on miltiary cooperation with other regions.  We need experience in leadership there, but more importantly we need active leadership.  As I said in announcing the removal of Jakker, anyone is free to contact me about helping out.  And for those that I haven't fully followed up with, my apology, I have to prioritize my time, and try to coordinate with others.  I haven't forgotten you, I'll get to ya :P  But public affairs like this, require my more immediate attention.

The point of this is, the region is dependent upon it's members for it's activity and participation in all areas of NationStates. The Guardians' job is to ensure the security of the ingame region, and provide their valuable advice to the Delegate.  They've done their jobs exceedingly well.  My job is to manage the Delegacy and protect the region as my first priorities, then administer the forum and provide for the structure, policy and direction of the government. Foreign Affairs is a high priority as well, as other regions look to the Delegate. The Ministers' job is to manage their areas and keep them active.  TWP Armed Forces Commanders job is to manage, recruit, train and lead the military, as well as coordinate and cooperate with our military partners in other regions.

I need your help to make TWP the NS powerhouse that it can be. Your initiative, and your active participation will merit greater recognition and advancement. If anyone shows the ability to do a better, more active job than someone already in a titled position, challenge for the position.  Show me that you merit the title, the position.  I want TWP to have the best, the brightest, the most active, the most willing to provide service to our region.   The West Pacific is my first priority, and I'd like it to be the first priority of all our leaders.  I want us to have Ministries that are able to manage themselves and keep their respective areas active, both inregion and interregionally.  I want the TWP Armed Forces to grow and be known as a significant force in NationStates.  I want to see a new generation of TWP leaders and see potential future Delegates rise up in service to the region. 

IMO, the state of the region has improved quite a bit as the year has progressed, but there is still further to go.  We have a structure, we have a government, we have functionality, we have basic philosphy.  We just need to build on that foundation.

The links in a telegram(if any) would look or have a better "feel" I believe, if they are given as "footnotes" at the bottom, the links themselves as numbers/letters attached to the appropriate information described in said telegram. Those nations wishing to be actively participating in those telegrams should be given as links/what information they can/should provide(allegate/delegate specific obligations/responsibilities).
I liked PD's suggested format(with some modification). Involve the in-game players by actively posting in the rmb with topic links to our off site that would involve the player in an active discussion/vote/opinion type of thing.
The Guardians should be an active part in steering the newer players towards those things that would allow them the choices of what they are interested in/can get involved in. Of course this highly depends on active players