The Opposition

Intelligent Holograms

get the players of the region to support you and I'll support you too.

do the work of getting political support and I'll support you

That is the role of a Guardian, to support the players that make the region work.

*nods*  That's been the Guardians position for a long time.  They just aren't going to do the 'work' of forming/organizing/promoting/establishing/managing, they've done that too many times already.  But they look forward to supporting a new generation making all that happen.

Nope. We oppose WECA and its wicked chocolatey machinations, both of which have a large influence on the Delegate and government. We work for TWP so why not use the TWP forums.

Right.  But, if the Delegate endorses WECA, which is would seem it does based upon the vast majority of Imperium government placements (you being a notable exception of course) then wouldn't it be more prudent to join the WECA and work for reform from within?

I support the sitting Delegate but if I wish to influence Westwind then standing on the sidelines and yelling doesn't seem to be the best methodology.  At least in my experience such practices have proven ineffective.

Your unfortunate mental condition does not affect our love, Vlagh.

Thank you.  As one that is accustomed to universal love and acceptance in every region in which I have ever taken part in the governance it is not unexpected.

/threadjack

Indeed, Vlagh, true on both accounts.

I have made too much noise to join WECA now but you're right, that would have been the better policy.

I would not agree with that decision.  It has been my experience that political agendas are like a candle in the wind (to quote BBD's favorite artist), here today, gone tomorrow.

Considering that I have know many in WECA for going on a decade now (God, really?) I am more than willing to bet that most of them would be willing to bury the hatchet (in my back) and allow you to work with them as part of the solution instead of the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Have now got a guilt complex as I have just applied to join the WECA but am having some second thoughts .... Ehmm

Wish to keep a foot in both camps if rules allows me to ....?  If they do, count me in and you can count on my vote anytime as long as it is not at the same time as the opposition wants it!