Government Type

Government Type  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What government type do we want?

• Anarchy (always my fave)
    • Oligharcy (what we have now)
    • Democracy (a weak sham of course)
    • Other (the betting favorite)

Other, obviously the only decent choice. I saw we go full out in a direction we aren't even looking at... FUNDAMENTALISM... not that I know how we would work that... but in all seriousness yeah why not try Monarchy

Not an absolute monarchy, but a constitutional one. The status of the GCR delegate has always been one of high regard; owing partially to the fact that regardless of a nation's involvement in the game, they will recognise the name of the feeder delegates more easily than anyone else. The very names of the delegates hold sway, or should. The fact that they can at the click of a few buttons plunge their regions into turmoil or initiate dramatic reform is also key. But the status of the feeder region itself is also relevant; feeders are gigantic, with a memberbase that grows and grows on its own. Democratic ideals are ideal because it keeps people involved, and when you don't have to worry about attracting new members, it seems only logical to have a form of government that allows for mass involvement. Marrying these two basic elements together, a constitutional monarchy makes sense.

The only problem is that of succession - should a monarch be able to name their successor or should the monarch be elected for terms/life? Perhaps the heir-apparent could be an elected position to make a compromise approach.. endless possibilities! 

*nods* Exactly.  It is a hybrid, the 'other' choice.  A benevolent yet authoritative Delegate Monarch that can ensure the security and activity of the region, while also supporting and promoting full participation through democratic process.

The only problem I see is one of the only incentives for some nations to stay in their feeder is the possibility of bein' delegate, and a hereditary monarchy, or whatever that equates to in this game, doesn't much allow for that.  Constitutional democracies do.