Split from Election Thread

Llamas. (Discount this if Elegarth doesn't vote in the election.)

It doesn't work that way. Either vote or not vote. There are no "conditional" votes. Your disregard for the law is getting old and boring. Is that how you pretend to grow the region?

... That sounds like it's honestly at least a bit of an overreaction. <.<

But fine. Seeing as how you seem to have no moral qualms with voting for yourself, you've forced me to do the same. I gave you my trust last time, and we all saw how it turned out.

Llamas.

Moral qualms? Really? I can't but LOL

Remember to stay ministerial you two.

Though I agree with Llamas in that, while conditional votes may be not allowed, Llamas was trying to be respectful by it and there were much more orderly ways to inform him that conditions aren't allowed.

He knows them my friend: he approved and help wrote the law that dictates it. He is just trying - for the 4th time in less than 3 weeks - to put himself over the law. Why, is something I can but wonder

I just looked through, which law specifically dictates that votes can have no conditions? I probably just suck at skimming. :P

Anyway, even though I couldn't find any example of a law banning conditions, that doesn't necessarily mean they're allowed, it's not that that I'm debating you on. My only issue is tat you could have been much more cordial in your response to Llamas' vote, especially seeing as he was trying to show respect to his opposing candidate.

Also, good call on splitting threads, avoided derailing election.

We're all aware of how little you think of morality, Elegarth.

You are funny, very funny. Morality is the differentiation of intentions, decisions, and actions between those that are good or right and thosethat are good or right and those that are bad or wrong.

Your funny immature propagandistic comment implies there is something wrong with voting in an open election for oneself. Or that it is a bad thing. While actually, it ia being honest. If I want the job and it is my moral right to vote, why would I vote for someone else?

You want lack of morals? You want "wrong"? Wrong is trying - as you have done at least 4 times already - to put yourself above the law for your own selfish benefit. Wrong is to pretend you understand TWP when you continually try to impose your personal agenda by ignoring the proper process. Or accusing people of cheating. All that is wrong, and all those actions are yours, not mine.

So please refrain from talking about morality while you have a long dark set of wrongs.

Me? I'm simply honest. I believe in what the law says, and in acting within the law and the proper process. You believe in manipulation, as learned from Yao. What is morality in a written environment? All my actions have been performed openly. You can't aay the same.

I don't really have more to say to you, your childish behavior and whining become quickly boring honestly. And if ypur have any accusations against me, make sure you bring them up within the current laws and reglamentations this time.

I am aware of what is going on behind the scenes.  Yes, Llamas is behaving with questionable integrity, though I imagine it has more to do with maturity level than with nefarious intent.  And Yes, Elegarth should step back and remember that dirty politics are harmless in a game.  It will help him keep a cool head in the face of frequent irritation.

Plain speak: Take it to PM

I am aware of what is going on behind the scenes.  Yes, Llamas is behaving with questionable integrity, though I imagine it has more to do with maturity level than with nefarious intent.  And Yes, Elegarth should step back and remember that dirty politics are harmless in a game.  It will help him keep a cool head in the face of frequent irritation.

Plain speak: Take it to PM

You are right, my apologies ma'am!

no now it's war. You're done Llamas, that is the fastest descent from political heights I've ever seen.

Were I Dark I'd banject you from the region. I would urge that everyone remove their vote from Llamas before we make this mistake official, he's clearly in over his head.

He knows them my friend: he approved and help wrote the law that dictates it. He is just trying - for the 4th time in less than 3 weeks - to put himself over the law. Why, is something I can but wonder

Oh my  god, dude. You're trying to demonize him over a minor mishap that makes no difference? He was being a gentleman, and now you're trying to portray him as some reckless danger that breaks all the laws.

I don't get it man. I'm willing to cool things down but then I stumble upon you negatively portraying the region you are supposed to be trying to help improve?

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=24328552#p24328552

I personally don't understand you at this point, fellow. :/

"Dark, banject him because he's criticizing us. Look at how he says there are problems. How dare he tries to fix them! Surely anyone who wants to change anything is completely incapable of maintaining a leadership position, we need someone who will completely preserve the status quo!"

You don't go into politics to keep things as they are. Your goal as a politician is to change things for the better. If there are problems, what's wrong with pointing them out? And you're pledging to ban someone for criticizing a resident while you simply brush off Elegarth's constant attacks over the most trivial issues?

I think it's good that Llamas will call out ,,,,,, when he sees it, and there's no reason to censor his words or take any action against him for speaking his mind. He's a reformer, he wants to fix problems, not create new ones. So don't make it so that these problems persist. You people just need to have an open mind.

***************************************************************************************

Funny how decorum would ask you to censor your words, sir. 

Edited by Darkesia
language

Stating facts and demonizing are not the same, I'm afraid you are wrong there Ike. Demonizing - portraying something/someome as wicked and threatening - is what has been the main objective of someone else's constant warnings about the imaginary NPO ghost, or infiltration and what not... TWP is not Lazarus, TWP is possibly one of the safest regions in all aspects thanks to its peculiar and unique - and correct - approach to in-game vs off-site separation. If you don't realize that and believe in the demonizing this other people is/was doing, you may need to go back to TWP101 - general you, not you as in Ike.

Don't try the gentleman part please. I've already commented in a previous post things that show how pitty this argument is given the actions of involved parties.

However, I'm afraid your other accusations or insinuations are not only wrong but even kind of sad: I haven't had the slightest communication with Delegate Darkesia in the last 2 days, and her reaction - as well as the guardians' reactions - to Llamas post are 100% their own - and honestly quite fair - since he short of insinuated them incapable/useless to protect TWP... I'd been more pissed than they are.

Your arguments are, hence, mostly voided.

Not all politics are meant to create a change nor all status quos are bad. However, I'm advocating changes, the sort of changea that are both positive and appropriate for the people and the region as a whole. Not trying to advance any political agenda. For all the meaningless accusations of me being a dangerous thing for TWP and NPO ghosts, isn't it curious I'm not the one guy tarting for endorsements or trying to (dumbly) justify a guardianship based on an in-forum position - the ones you know to be meaningless in-game?

Things to think about before running to defend the undefendeable, ein?

... TWP is possibly one of the safest regions in all aspects thanks to its peculiar and unique - and correct - approach to in-game vs off-site separation.

And that is where your argument falls apart.

Why am I not surprised you support him Ike. You, like him, came here on Milograd's heels with the same intention to impose your failed vision for Lazarus upon our community.

Please, the whole revolution thing was abandoned a long time ago, I've been here because I've had nowhere else to go. And even now, my main is still in Lazarus.

The problem with you people is that you're completely unwilling to accept any change because you stubbornly think that what you're doing is completely righteous and flawless. You're not willing to give anything else a shot because what you're doing now apparently works. But if you really look at it, other solutions have worked as well. TNP and TEP are both stable democracies completely unlike TWP that are more active, prominent and to be honest, at this point more fun.

If you want to watch activity waste away as all your new players leave, go ahead. You people are too stubborn for your own good. I, for one, will be trying to change things for the better, and my efforts are just as legitimate as yours. You're not right because you're old.