TWP Recruitment

Westwind

Okay. That was a good one. HA!

On a totally different subject; any chance you remember the name of that space game we were all playing a few years ago? I have been wracking my brain for it but keep coming up with Asteroids. I know that's not it. Asteroids was an arcade game in the 80's. Getting older is really starting to get on my nerves.

Okay. That was a good one. HA!

On a totally different subject; any chance you remember the name of that space game we were all playing a few years ago? I have been wracking my brain for it but keep coming up with Asteroids. I know that's not it. Asteroids was an arcade game in the 80's. Getting older is really starting to get on my nerves.

AstroEmpires?

I played a game called Asteron which was absolutely brilliant.  We used it so much that it wore itself out!  Some years later I even made the game for myself which turned out to be rather a poorly manufactured version.   "Travel by Asteron to the Planets" was the sales pitch!

That is true.  Good thing I am not, nor was I ever, a 'second hand car salesman'.  Good job recycling a bad joke from 2006 that wasn't even funny then.

Really?  I have it on very good authority that's exactly what you were.  And, let's face it, it matches your abilities - reptile, slightly above pond scum in intelligence. 

Really?  I have it on very good authority that's exactly what you were.  And, let's face it, it matches your abilities - reptile, slightly above pond scum in intelligence. 

Really.  Unfortunately, your 'very good authority' is just a bunch of morons from another online game in which this joke was initially made for lulz.  I believe the joke/meme was 'prove there is no rust on this fine automobile'.  Again, not very funny or accurate then, still not funny now eight years later.

As far as my abilities are concerned, I don't believe anyone that instantly results to (erroneous) ad hominem attacks, name calling and vulgarities is qualified to judge them.  But good try.

OOC: I worked for Toyota (the largest car manufacturer in the world in case you have never heard of it) for 12 years and was in their financial division.  I never sold cars, new or used.  And I am currently working on my PhD at one of the top rated universities in the world.  But yes, please feel free to insinuate that I am some sort of abject moron.  Whatever makes you feel better about yourself.

Perhaps if someone could explain to me by tg the reason why the factions are 'waring' to me I would appreciate it.  I don't like 'comrades' having a set to in a relatively open forum :(

If they could include me on that TG I would greatly appreciate it as well.

The fact is that from my recollection, the only time that BBD and myself ever had actual relevant conflict was when I served as Minister of Justice and posted what some considered to be an offensive smilie (yes, a smilie - imagine *rollseyes*).  Otherwise any actions that I took have been made by numerous other participants of this community on several occasions and BBD has been able to get over it and move on, in some cases to support those actions which were similar.

I honestly have no idea why he has such a large pole in his posterior when it comes to me.

So yeah, forward that explanation to me as well. :)

As I recall, the emote was Nazi related.  But I admit my memory is sometimes hazy.  As was said, this was quite some time ago.

Ivan has a game history that places him easily in the top five players, IMO.  And when you are able to play NS at that level, you will create conflicts that can last years.  (I speak from experience :P )

"[09:11] this pro dick gayfag charak guy said it"

What is all this ^ about?  Surely this is inappropriate for any TWP forum?  If this appeared on TWP 'open' forum it would be suppressed. Or is this your point that this was 'said' to you?  :(  Either way, it should no longer form part of any TWP posting.

Sorry if it appears as if I am butting in to what seems to be a 'personal issue' but that issue should not spill over so others become affected, let alone be offended, by it.  

Having just seen Westwind's posting maybe it's time that this conflict is kept on a basis of muted civility rather than down to the level of the gutter?

Medio

As I recall, the emote was Nazi related.  But I admit my memory is sometimes hazy.  As was said, this was quite some time ago.

Ivan has a game history that places him easily in the top five players, IMO.  And when you are able to play NS at that level, you will create conflicts that can last years.  (I speak from experience :P )

That is correct.  I was referred to as Hitler and I posted a smilie with a distinctive mustache.  It was okay to call me Hitler but not okay for me to use the smilie.  Hypocrisy at its best. :)