Regional Greeting TG

Fratellnoir

"Welcome to the West Pacific, where men are men and sheep are careful"

"Welcome to the West Pacific Motel. My name is Norman Bates and I'm just a normal guy. No don't go. Please. Mother what have you done?"

"Welcome to the West Pacific. Have a squirrel"

:)

(I know you're being serious Fratellnoir, but you will find I'm one of the less serious characters around here, except when I'm upholding my position as TWP's Resident Old Fart.)

Careful, Yy will start chasing the squirrel.

I'd say you're welcome to do that if you'd like to put in the effort. I'd just keep it as short as possible, as that usually gets better results rather than a long explanation like so many recruitment messages.

A short telegram with a basic hello and specific instructions/links to what you want them to do.

New players want/need simple directions to help them find their way.

Often it's the unspoken rules that simultaneously draw new players in and frutrate new players to the point of leaving. The trick is to find a balance. Give them a home base from which they can explore NS and all it's many worlds of unspoken rules.

Dark is correct ... simple and clear is the best method. Funny helps, too. And one of the BEST methods of recruiting is friendly contact with a new nation; contacting the new player with the express purpose of striking up a friendship. Players will play with their friends. If we want more players in the region to be a part of our forum community also, we need to befriend them.

I am digging deep into early TWP history (2004-2005) for some of the more successful recruiting campaign bits used by the CommRangers. Mind you ... they are very dated and do need to be updated but the sentiment is embedded in the words and these were extremely successful back in the day. For many of you really new players, UN (United Nations) is the old term for what we now call the WA (World Assembly).

[1]

Are you new to Nations States and still trying to figure out where to start? You are not alone; scores of new nations are created daily. Many languish without any contact from anyone else in the region and either quit the game or move to some other region hoping to get involved there.

Greetings West Pacific Neighbors. As Acting Communications Minister, I am here to point you in a more positive direction and to ask your help in keeping our region strong. I would like to invite you to get involved in The West Pacific. How…?

First, join the West Pacific forum at …

http://s8.invisionfree.com/The_West_Pacific.

ANYONE/ EVERYONE is WELCOME. Once in the forum, stop by the Communication Ministry (in the Parliament section) and say hello. Or check into our Grand Assembly and become an active member of The West Pacific government. In a couple of weeks, once you have gotten to know more people and vice versa, other Ministers may invite you to join a ministry team.

Second, if you are a UN member, please endorse our Delegate, Zetaone and our designated Regent, Minineenee to help keep the region safe from invasion. Our best offense is a strong defense.

Third, as a UN nation with fifty or more endorsements, you may be eligible to apply for membership in the Council of The West Pacific... but you need to register at the Forum to find out how and to see if you meet all the requirements.

So there you have it! We need you. The West Pacific will be stronger and work better if you are a part of the active team. So what are you waiting for? Cut and paste the forum URL in your browser today. See for yourself why living in the West Pacific is so wonderful.

[2]

Question: Why does everyone keep telling us to look at the forum?

Answer: Because that is where all the intelligent and active people go to create a better West Pacific community. The forum is where the fun is. There you can have real discussions with other people in the region, and get involved in the regional government. Or you could just jump into the fun threads like “Attack the Poster” or “Favorite Song Lyrics”.

So go ahead... meet us in the forum.

http://s8.invisionfree.com/The_West_Pacific

Don't wonder about what is happening. Be a part of making it happen. Join the forum today.

Tell them Bite sent you.

[3]

Tired of other regional forums promising you the moon but only giving you lunatics? Fed up with the democratic processes of your dictatorship? Looking for a place where others give you a piece of their mind instead of a slice of Grandma's Christmas fruitcake? Well my friend, look no further than the link below!

http://s8.invisionfree.com/The_West_Pacific

And we promise the only Fruitcakes you will find are in the Communication Ministry.

[4]

Look... look... deep into my eyes... you are getting sleepy. Very sleepy...

You feel yourself becoming very relaxed. Your fears are melting away. As I count to three a wonderful idea will pop into your head.

One: You will want to join a forum.

Two: The URL is http://s8.invisionfree.com/The_West_Pacific .

Three: You will register using your nation name.

As soon as I snap my fingers, you will awake feeling completely relaxed and you will copy/paste the URL into your browser and register for the West Pacific Forum. Tell them Turboprop sent you.

Ready ……?

SNAP!

All good suggestions. Agreed with the links to pertinent things that would invovle potential natives to stay and participate. Funny/amusing telegrams are the way to go I think.

but then again that's just me *chases squirrel*