Zombies

As we all know by now, the April Fools Day joke of 2013 is zombies and their nefarious plot to infect the worlds population.

Upon logging in to your nation, you are given the option of either exterminating the population (lowering your population as a result but keeping zombie numbers low); researching a possible cure (which takes time so more of your population gets infected but they have the possibility of being cured) or simply throwing the zombies into another nation in TWP (keeping your count low but lowering your overall population). Your nation is also supplied with a wonderful graph describing your nations decent into zombiedom and the ability to watch as the same happen to your region.

As Dark pointed out on the RMB ("Seriously? It's a role play this year? meh"), the joke is more RP orientated this year.

So what do we think TWP? Has Max done it again with another great April Fools Day joke or are standards slipping?

That because the high population nations have to choose research early enough to save the region.  Most of us just don't give a hoot, so we are likely doomed.  lol

I chose research a couple minutes ago.  Previously I hadn't bothered choosing anything. 

1) I am unimpressed by zombies. 

2) I have had my issues turned off for a long time now.

Last year I stayed up late at night and campaigned hard for shares, even joining in on the IRC melee.  This year, I don't feel the need to compete.  Maybe it's just too much easter food.

*chuckles*

1) I am unimpressed by zombies.

*nods*  I still don't get why it's become a fad.  And I spent last school year trying to explain to my daughter that zombies are nothing to worry about.  It really bothered her.

TWP is considered one of the worst effected regions in NS

TWP wins again !

Copying from Whamabama (aka Collector of Souls, TRR Delegate)

I tried moving a heavily infected nation out of a heavily infected region.

A deep thrumming fills the air. It's the fleet of military-grade helicopters, coming to airlift your nation to a better place. An adviser presses something into your hand. A cellphone. “It's them,” he whispers. “The pilots. Thank God.” His face is streaked with tears. He's lost a lot tonight. You all have.

“We're ready,” you say. “Take us away.”

”Roger that,” says the phone. There's a burst of static. No. Not static. Coughing. “We're... coming in.”

The choppers approach. You know what's going to happen before it does. The lead helicopter veers off path, at first by only a little, then in a wild, heedless arc. It collides with the chopper alongside and its blades tear the other aircraft apart. The rest you don't see; you're too busy getting your people to safety. When the noise is over, and the heat, you pick yourselves up. Everywhere is smoke. Fire. And, of course, them. The infected. Gathering, drawn by the noise.

“Where are they?” says your adviser. “Where are the choppers? They're coming! They said they were coming!”

You put your hand on his shoulder. “Not today,” you say. “Not today.”

This is actually the first April Fool's Day stunt that has me at all interested.

Probably the last as well. I'm a gamer, i like playing games, and i like games that require me to do stuff. This is fun...but our population is zombified!

This is the first that I've partaken in as well, I usually miss the others.

I believe they could have made it better, though. The zombies should have been released in one small region and the inhabiting nations released around NS to infect the entire world. It would have been more fun that way and created a real battle between regions.

Results for TWP

Most Survivors...
52. the West Pacific: 64.64 billion

Most Infected...
12. the West Pacific: 577.93 billion

Most Dead....
11. the West Pacific: 2.92 trillion

Max is saying this is an event that could be repeated.

In my opinion, the whole thing would have been better and more fun if we had been given more targeted 'warnings' a few days in advance.  How hard would it have been for Admods to create a new zombie region and declare an outbreak a few days before the event?  They could have made the outbreak region be the highlighted Featured Region of the Day and had all the well-wishing Featured Region Groupies become unsuspecting carriers  for a day or two.  Heck ... even pick a random raider group as the carriers.

For many of us, by the time we logged in for the day, the event had been running amok for hours.   12-14 hours into a zombie RP with our nations' and regions' stats as the tools for failure/success ... what is the point of caring?  If you logged on late in the event, your nation was already long lost. 

*nods*

That was the thing that got me.....information trickled out.  "Oh, a fun April Fools Issue"....."Oh, wait, this actually does something ?".....whispers around NS....Max is giong to let it run awhile like the anniversary mini game.....oh great, now we're going to have a week of zombie exporting raiders and swapping nations around to keep them alive to fight them off.....

Even when Max had a countdown to the end going, it was still being rumored that this was only 'day one'.

It was fine, but I agree the handling/presentation sucked.

And it was fine gameplay, but it'd be nice to know the rules of the game without worrying about figuring it out in a flash 24 hour period before you go 'whoops, that's not what you're suppose to do'.

I'll be recovering for a few days.  Don't mind the new facial tick.