TWP Flag and Banner Competition!

Big Bad Badger

Calling all flag and banner makers!

I am proud to announce the 1st annual TWP Flag and Banner Contest! For this year's contest, there will be four categories:

TWP Themed Flag

TWP Themed Banner

Open Theme Flag

Open Theme Banner

Any nation with a forum account may submit entries. Each nation may submit one entry for each category. The submission deadline is Friday, November 13th. Winners will be selected after.

Submit all entries on this thread.

Prizes: Winner of the TWP Themed Flag will have their flag flown by the region for three days in early November. Winners of the TWP Banner will have their banner flown by the Delegate Mediobogdum and the Delegate-Elect Elegarth for one week in early November.

Disclaimer: There will be three judges. Judges decisions will be final. All flags and banners may be used by nations or for future promotional purposes. By entering the contest you are forfeiting any rights to your immortal soul to TWP their constituents and allies, just kidding...maybe.

Here are my entries (with short introductions)

The West Pacific's in the West. and The United Kingdom's in the West.  It only makes sense that these two cultures be combined into one glorious flag!  The stripes as rays of the sun, this flag commemorates not only the West Pacific's culture, but also it's authority, brilliance, wit, and humor.

2RsnfjD.jpg

But the West pacific has yet a more gentle nature, does it not?  What better way to captivate this feeling of warmth the region provides than with a nice, warm cup of coffee, surrounded by even more coffee.  Instantly, you are overwhelmed by the sensation to rest your head upon your favorite pillow and express yourself freely in a way that only The West Pacific could ever understand.

When you find yourself pouring yet another cup, you are reminded of the cozy pacific, your virtual reality away from reality.

PwU1JC4.jpg

I just based it on the fact that The West pacific has the word "West" in it.  

Besides, both are technically "West" of America on your map, so in a sense...

There's no way I can talk my way out of this one, is there?

*sips coffee contemplating world map*

I've been always pondering about that (region-wide TG's possibility of backfiring cost VS boosting activity benefit).

E.g. TP sent really lots of TG's just for one event (Z4), and they got the result they were seeking. Same thing happens in other regions too, GCRs and UCRs alike.

I came to believe that, if you kinda lose some because they're irritated by regional TG's, you actually never had them in the first place. But can you afford not winning over the ones who will get inspired to act and/or participate?

I want to send a TG as incoming delegate by tomorrow, and I can include anything from the contest or what else. [...] Drach, anything else we want to send out? Write it down and I'll gather it all in a single tg

I thought of creating this as a means to getting some offsite participation in my field: http://www.westpacific.org/forums/index.php?/topic/1694-whats-your-worst-experience-from-a-daily-issue-in-ns/ What do you think?

We should extend the deadline, now that the Zombie Event is over, and promote it a bit more in the RMB.

Extent the deadline?  But....that means I won't win by default.

*contemplates broken dreams*

On a more serious note, I agree.  Maybe we could encourage participants to write introductory statements for their flags and banners as if presenting them in an art convention.  It need not be necessary, but this certainly would make reviewing the entries more entertaining (for me, anyway :P).  

I just based it on the fact that The West pacific has the word "West" in it.  

Besides, both are technically "West" of America on your map, so in a sense...

There's no way I can talk my way out of this one, is there?

*sips coffee contemplating world map*

Wait a minute.. every location is west of something.. and also north east or south of something.. How do we know where west really is? directions man.. they confuse me a lot..

Wait a minute.. every location is west of something.. and also north east or south of something.. How do we know where west really is? directions man.. they confuse me a lot..

True that, except that there are two places that have by convention only one direction available — and that would be the poles: when in the North Pole, everything else is south of you, while east and west bear no meaning there.

Ok. BBB put together a text, I want to send a TG as incoming delegate by tomorrow, and I can include anything from the contest or what else. Malv, anything else we want to send out? Write it down and I'll gather it all in a single tg

Other than recruitment for new ambassadors, no. I'll send ya the text for recruitment in short time via ingame TG.