Advocate Candidacy Declarations

We're a little behind on this but I am opening Advocate candidacy declarations per:

(2) Elections for Advocate will consist of a three day period for declarations of candidacy followed by a five day period for voting.

This thread will stay open for 3 days. You must be a continuous member of the Voice for at least a month to be recognized as a candidate.

I nominate Somebody.  Somebody needs to update the membership list of the Voice because there are 11 applications outstanding and who knows how many on the list should not be on it. The last update recorded is the 4th July, 2015 

People who have applied to join but have not yet been accepted will not be allowed to nominate a candidate or vote in the election which will make some players very annoyed/angry.  Until this list is updated the nomination process should either be extended, or we recommence the nomination process once the list has been updated.  We do not want a repeat of one of our previous Voice votes. :(                                               

As a non-Voice member, may I suggest starting a new thread with a blank slate. The Voice was dissolved, and this is a reformation, so the membership does not carry over. Easier to update that way, and removes all inactive members still officially counted, despite them never having joined this iteration, with one stroke.

As a non-Voice member, may I suggest starting a new thread with a blank slate. The Voice was dissolved, and this is a reformation, so the membership does not carry over. Easier to update that way, and removes all inactive members still officially counted, despite them never having joined this iteration, with one stroke.

I'm afraid you are wrong, since the dissolution was considered not legal, and hence we simply kick started activity again. And the advocate can consider any signed up member as a member as of the date they posted, regardless of when was the list itself updated, simplifying / solving the issue.

Since I'm supposed to take over the delegacy soon, and since I consider that at least at first I'll need to both get used and find my way into that seat, I'll decline this time. Thanks Nox!

Scratch that. Since I was nominated and PD has not accepted yet, I'll conditionally accept my nomination.

If PD accepts on time, I'll probably remove myself from the election, but if not, then consider my nomination accepted

I was thinking of using North Pacific's Spy's tactic. 

I will update the list prior to the start of the election. I tend to be fair and won't mind delegating this if people think it's unfair and that i'm biased as a candidate.

Let's not let this derail us as it's procedural and we can get through it. I will make my best attempt to get the list updated before my head hits the pillow tonight.

I'm afraid you are wrong, since the dissolution was considered not legal, and hence we simply kick started activity again. And the advocate can consider any signed up member as a member as of the date they posted, regardless of when was the list itself updated, simplifying / solving the issue.

This is the first time I have seen this interpretation.  I was under the impression that you simply restarted the Voice in spite of URAP.  The action that I took had precedent and was not, at least by any measure that can reasonably be utilized in a region without a firm code of laws, 'illegal'.  I know I certainly did not do anything that was not within my purview under the prior Delegate.

I have been working under the impression that I was no longer in the Voice since I did not vocally support the restart.

This is the first time I have seen this interpretation.  I was under the impression that you simply restarted the Voice in spite of URAP.  The action that I took had precedent and was not, at least by any measure that can reasonably be utilized in a region without a firm code of laws, 'illegal'.  I know I certainly did not do anything that was not within my purview under the prior Delegate.

I have been working under the impression that I was no longer in the Voice since I did not vocally support the restart.

Arguably true as well. We hit a gray area there. In any case, as I've already said in other posts in the past month, your personal actions on it were not a decision you made, you were just the messenger of orders given by the former delegate, and neither myself, nor should others by the way, consider your actions wrong: you followed the orders given to you by the creator of your position. In my book, the messenger does not carries fault for the message. so whatever was done wrong, it should be attributed to the former delegate.

Now well, you can quit the voice, or belong to it. The constitution is the same, same rules, no constitutional convention was done, and is simpler and easier to carry it over... 

Arguably true as well. We hit a gray area there. In any case, as I've already said in other posts in the past month, your personal actions on it were not a decision you made, you were just the messenger of orders given by the former delegate, and neither myself, nor should others by the way, consider your actions wrong: you followed the orders given to you by the creator of your position. In my book, the messenger does not carries fault for the message. so whatever was done wrong, it should be attributed to the former delegate.

Now well, you can quit the voice, or belong to it. The constitution is the same, same rules, no constitutional convention was done, and is simpler and easier to carry it over... 

No, I am fine with being a member of the Voice so long as I do not have to reapply for membership.

In that case, even though I am well aware of what the outcome will be, I will stand for Advocate.

While I have trust that PunkDaddy can do a great job, his commitments as a Guardian would seem to pose a potential conflict of interest in regards to the separation of the offsite government.

I would like to run to be the Advocate of the Voice.

If elected, I will work on three things while in office.

1. Increased offsite activity. I will work to increase activity through advertising, holding my DA's accountable, and increasing membership's participation in government.

2. As Advocate I will work with the Delegate and the Voice to clarify roles of the offsite government as well as the needs of TWP. I believe that the offsite government must work with the delegate to achieve their vision of the TWP. In game we have the ability to chose the delegate through endorsements. The offsite government must work with that choice.

3. If elected I will listen to the membership and assist the Voice to create ownership, interest, and activity!

I have the time to commit to this service to TWP the region that I love!

Vote for Badger!

Actually I need my nomination seconded first...