Punk Daddy for Delegate....err, wait I mean Advocate

Sorry for the title screw up all, it's been a while since I've run for anything in TWP,

I’m going to keep this as simple as possible. There are two themes that will run through my platform – increasing the esteem of TWP throughout the world and making it easy for new members to get involved. Those will be the themes of a Punk Daddy administration. Let’s start with the overall government structure I will implement and then get into the details.

Deputy Advocate – Foreign Affair

-          This role probably needs no explanation.

Deputy Advocate – Voice Administration

-          This will be a Speaker-like role.

Deputy Advocate – Assimilation

-          This person will be responsible for the welcoming program

Deputy Advocate – Aide de camp

-          This person will be my right hand person. A chief of staff responsible for a number of miscelleaneous duties, primarily to try and keep me sane.

Deputy Advocate – Mr or Miss Kickbutt

-          The Defense Minister

Deputy Advocate – Spymaster

-          The intelligence Minister

Ok, so now that you see my line up of ministers let me quickly discuss how to achieve my two goals

Increasing the esteem of TWP throughout the world

Political power in NationStates can be gained and lost in many, many different ways. Some people like Unibot try to pelt with volume so that you’re left thinking, “well he said it 1000 times so I guess it’s true” or more likely “make it stop please! I agree, please stop talking!!” How I wish to increase the power or esteem of TWP is through a very friendly and welcoming world approach. In other words I’d like to see us produce updates more frequently, reach out to our allies and have conversations on our RMBs, and the like. I believe this will increase the esteem for which people think of TWP and will help with my second goal.

Make it easier for new members to get involved

This is key. Getting new people involved is what will make this community a lasting community. We’re going through a change of the guard right now, so what better time than to add new folks. My Assimilation Deputy Advocate will be tasked with getting people to come to the forum and also once they are here getting them involved in an area where they have interest. It’s not rocket science but in order to rock this, we’ll have to work it.

That’s pretty much it. Yes, we have to administrate The Voice and put forth legisltation and such. I’ll get those done, but what my main goal will be in my role as Advocate is to focus on these two key items.

I welcome any and all questions.

Fish - yes one person per deputy position.

Reçueçn

I can't say what our differences are, per se, but what I am trying to do is focus on two items noted in my platform. I hope that will appeal to TWPers and we can discuss how we can make things happen. 

My hope is that our next "Advocate"/leader is a person who can bring us together and push an agenda forward. We really need to ignite something here in TWP and now's the time to do it. 

I think I can and I hope I get the chance. But if I do not win, I'm not going anywhere and will continue to help the region as best I can.

Vlagh - I made a correction. I also have 3 kids, I sometimes will call one 2 names before I get to the right name. Sadly, this will not be the last time this happens to me.

How exactly would you plan on getting newer nations both aware of and involved in TWP?

This isn't hard at all. We've got a great RMB community. I want to and will leverage that community to aide us in getting more folks here. It's all about awareness and easiness. I will work with our delegate to create a factbook entry called "How to get involved in TWP" and show new nations or older nations that aren't involved a way to get involved here. 

Now here's the thing, I don't want to solely focus on off-site in this post but would like to talk about RMB stuff like random conversations, karaoke friday's, Dark's chocolate love and the favor it brings if you give her chocolate, etc. Our current Guide to NS is great but what I want to do is create a guide specific to TWP and with links to ways to get involved here on the offsite forum. 

The other thing we need to do is send out weekly telegrams to the region on what's going on here in the Voice. That's a bit ambitious yes but it's also a great recruitment tool to get newer nations involved. I will work hard to be able to do that on a weekly basis because the benefits of such a telegram in getting people here can't be underscored.

Just b/c some of you do not know me well, I always - repeat - always vote for my opponent if the election is between two candidates. It has nothing to do with the candidate, everything to do with things I learned in the Merit. It is the height of ego to believe one can vote for one's opponent and still win. I've always admired the brashness of such a statement and have continued the practice for at least 8 years.

I don't begrudge those that vote for themselves. This is my personal choice and every one should choose how they wish to vote for themselves.

In this race, this could be the very first time I do not garner a single vote. This seems to indicate the telegram I rec'd from a respected friend is indeed correct. 

No matter, it is good to lose elections every now and then - keeps the mind sharp. :)

Just b/c some of you do not know me well, I always - repeat - always vote for my opponent if the election is between two candidates. It has nothing to do with the candidate, everything to do with things I learned in the Merit. It is the height of ego to believe one can vote for one's opponent and still win. I've always admired the brashness of such a statement and have continued the practice for at least 8 years.

I don't begrudge those that vote for themselves. This is my personal choice and every one should choose how they wish to vote for themselves.

In this race, this could be the very first time I do not garner a single vote. This seems to indicate the telegram I rec'd from a respected friend is indeed correct. 

No matter, it is good to lose elections every now and then - keeps the mind sharp. :)

You may not win the election, but you won my respect for losing gracefully.

We recently experienced someone who would not do so, so maybe it's disproportionate, but you now carry a positive connotation in my mind.

I discussed that topic with someone else and it seems to be cultural. In most latin-American cultures, voting for yourself is not only expected but paraded and part of the election show: it is used to capitalize in your confidence and the people who follows you feels rallied. I was also explained why on other cultures it is seen differently and the background of it. The question was not directed at you. It was in general as to me never understanding why people doesn't vote for themselves if they want the job. It is just culturally weird to me and my upbringing.

Yes voting for oneself is not cultural for me. It is part of gameplay. I have run for RL elections and in those elections I do vote for myself and plan to continue doing so. 

URAP - some youngsters don't understand the concept of a loss today is a win for tomorrow. In PD's life, PD has never been the guy who is immediately seen as the leader or the one to follow. PD's strength comes in consistency and longevity. When you say the same things over time, people tend to believe you. 

I have lost many elections and I shall probably lose many more, but I think my win percentage has to be at least 60 percent plus. Part of running this race was to demonstrate one can lose without disparaging one's opponent(s). I wish Elegarth well and hope that he leads well. It's what we need and I hope for the sake of those who voted for him, it's what we get.

If I recall correctly, it was often the case within The Meritocracy for a candidate to vote for oneself as they considered themself to be the most meritorious for the role, which is why they chose to run.

Regardless, I find the entire discussion of voting methodology to be a bit pedantic and am hopeful that nations will not elect an Advocate based solely upon such a trivial matter.

If I recall correctly, it was often the case within The Meritocracy for a candidate to vote for oneself as they considered themself to be the most meritorious for the role, which is why they chose to run.

Regardless, I find the entire discussion of voting methodology to be a bit pedantic and am hopeful that nations will not elect an Advocate based solely upon such a trivial matter.

No - I don't think this was merit-wide practice. I can't recall who I saw do it. But it was someone and I thought it was cool and adopted it since.

This is nothing new for me, but for some unfamiliar with me it can be a bit shocking. As I said, it doesn't matter to me how people choose to vote for themselves, abstain, or vote for someone else. I'm just giving my thoughts on how I vote.

Dark, when one always votes for the opponent it becomes a known fact. I've won and lost a lot of elections, but I can't think of one i've lost because I voted for my opponent. Never say never, but it hasn't happened yet.