My Platform for Prime Minister

Hello my friends from The West Pacific. As it is my duty, I bring to you a summary of my ideas for the position of Prime Minister of The West Pacific.

Executive Council Management

One of the main changes that the introduction of the new Executive Council act brings is the creation of the Executive Council, under the direct management of the Prime Minister. As such, the council reflects on the PM's capacity to select and manage capable individuals to perform the different tasks assigned to the officers that form it. I am a believer that an active individual with a strong desire to cooperate and to learn is a better choice than an inactive old face who may know a lot about it but is no longer committed to the level of activity we require. As such, I do not intend to select Officers from among the old and known, unless they are also ACTIVE and WILLING. I'd rather have someone that learns the job along but is actively seeking to improve than a dead-weight. I'm also not afraid of removing people who have stopped doing their jobs.

Likewise, I'm also a very hands on manager, this is, I do not sit and wait for stuff to be done, and I'm ready to actually perform the duties that are required to be performed, should anyone fall back on them or need help. I consider myself more of a side-by-side manager than a ruler from above. I like people who works with me to feel free to present their ideas and be ready to defend them, nurture them, realize them and make them happen.

Delegate and Guardians

The Delegate and Guardians are the representatives of the in-game TWP, and as such, should be a part of the off-sate in-forum community that we form. As such, it is my intention to both collaborate with their needs, when they have them, or ask for their assistance, when we - the forum community - require it. Be it to sponsor stuff on the in-game RMB or via TG, reach out to TWPians through a mass region TG, or in any other way relate our needs and capacities together.

It is my ideal to represent the wishes and needs of the community, not to impose them or force them.

Foreign Affairs

As it has been mentioned in several places, we should be aiming to acquire new allies and friends among the different communities that form the NS-verse. I'm not particularly inclined for or against defenders, raiders, invaders, imperialists, etc, as I have always think those are just ideologies people creates in this realm to have a pivotal point for discussions and arguments. I instead believe in COMMUNITIES, and I'd like us, as a WHOLE, to decide who we want near us, and the reasons we want them near us.

Internal Affairs

We have a very relaxed and easy-going culture in TWP, but this does not means we are not able to allow, through our community, that new players learn the basics of the game and the many aspects their gaming can take: from GP to RP, I think we should be able to improve our community to be able to accommodate the needs of everyone internally. I also think our presence on the RMB is strong, and we can coordinate with the delegate's office to perform joined events, or even to promote them. Why not think of the Karaoke Friday's as both an RMB and Forum activity? This is just an idea, but an example of the things I'm sure we can achieve.

Military Affairs

I hope we are able to build a strong militant TWP militia that will be both independent from the petty schemes of existing ideologies, and also significant enough to be able to make a difference, both defending those that require our help and request it, be it through treaties or whatever, or attacking those who either try to harm us or our allies. We should also be able to keep regular practice, to both improve our jumping capacities and form new experienced soldiers.

Legislative Affairs

I don't want to create a complex multi-layered legislative system that suddenly becomes hard to follow and comprehend. I don't think a complicated multicameral system is what we need, and I want us to be more active regarding what we want our community to BE than what laws we want to make just for the sake of making more laws and regulating ridiculously detailed aspects of TWP's life. This does not means we are turning down ideas: as I mentioned earlier, I want to represent the ideals and ideas of the people in the region, not determinate what I want it to be...

Activity

My main goal, however, is to ensure that we create an environment where people FEELs at home, where people feels they can come on a daily basis and both have a good time and feel comfortable. This two aspects, I believe, are what makes people remain active in the first place. And to do that, we must be able, as a whole, to provide people with the experiences and aspects they find entertaining. From those who enjoy spamming the forums (in the respective areas designed for that, of course), to those who want to find a place to do some role playing (where, I must admit, I am not as strong). From those willing to entertain their diplomacy skills through foreign affairs, to those who want to form part of an ACTIVE militia and learn game mechanics. We must be both flexible and welcoming!

THIS IS MY VISION

And it is a vision that I, of course, can't complete alone, but with the assistance of the community as as whole.

Thanks!

I like this platform the best honestly.

I just want to ask, what happens if there arn't enough active and willing members of the community to fill out the roles in the Excutive council?

And how are you attract vibrant people from other regions? TWP lost the most redditors than any feeder, that isnt a good sign, and that means we didn't have enough to offer, or just wern't as engaging as the other feeders at the time. 

I like this platform the best honestly.

I just want to ask, what happens if there arn't enough active and willing members of the community to fill out the roles in the Excutive council?

And how are you attract vibrant people from other regions? TWP lost the most redditors than any feeder, that isnt a good sign, and that means we didn't have enough to offer, or just wern't as engaging as the other feeders at the time.

Actually, most feeders lost similar amounts of redditors, percentage wise. It is very common whenever there are player surges, that we also have deletion surges when their 28 days expire. Some remains, some others do not. Now, once things that we not always do is to promote the forums actively in the RMB and that might have helped to get some of them engaged. But out RMB moves so natural too, that it may seem artificial to promote the forum there much.

Now, regarding your specific questions, if we lack members for the Council, then the hands on approach needs to apply. We will make do with what we have, and if we need to cover positions and jobs within those willing to, we have to. That is part of the commitment we need to spread among our active community.

Why they left, is hard to say, as I mentioned, the fact that some regions in general advertise their off-site activities more openly and actively than we do may have helped. Or the fact that the redditors arrived in a period of time where, unfortunately, many of us were simultaneously hit by busy RL :/

Well, we have very similar goals in most aspects, but as I see it, Llamas seems to be more utopical and idealistic about the structure he would like to elaborate for TWP. This is not per se a bad thing, but I think we must first mature our current structure, and then allow it to naturally grow and develop itself further before we try to make it more complex and layered. That, I see it as a future goal. I also feel he is a younger spirit than I am, and perhaps needs some chill, or I need some of his spark. heh.

Well, we have very similar goals in most aspects, but as I see it, Llamas seems to be more utopical and idealistic about the structure he would like to elaborate for TWP. This is not per se a bad thing, but I think we must first mature our current structure, and then allow it to naturally grow and develop itself further before we try to make it more complex and layered. That, I see it as a future goal. I also feel he is a younger spirit than I am, and perhaps needs some chill, or I need some of his spark. heh.

Maybe this is a crazy idea, you can both work together, sorta one of you being an important assistant, or like an internship. Whoever wins will be the PM, but the other one can still help with ideas and helping carry out projects..?

I dont really know how to explain it.

Maybe this is a crazy idea, you can both work together, sorta one of you being an important assistant, or like an internship. Whoever wins will be the PM, but the other one can still help with ideas and helping carry out projects..?

This seems like a really good idea.

It's kind of what we already do with the Delegate and Prime Minister. Having three heads of government/state seems like going too far. I don't believe creating an entirely new position just for the purpose of this would really be warranted. However, should I win in the election, I believe that Elegarth would be an excellent Officer to serve on the Executive Council, and I would likely appoint him to serve alongside me; he has said the same to me.

Actually, most feeders lost similar amounts of redditors, percentage wise. It is very common whenever there are player surges, that we also have deletion surges when their 28 days expire. Some remains, some others do not. Now, once things that we not always do is to promote the forums actively in the RMB and that might have helped to get some of them engaged.

Similar, but still off by quite a bit. Here's a list of things we could have done to keep at least a few of them:

1. Sent welcome telegrams explaining a bit about NS and how to get involved in the region.

2. Sent regional telegrams to recruit inactive players to join our forums for those who didn't see the welcome TG.

3. Offered training courses to help new players learn how to play, serve in the military, RP, and do whatever else they need.

4. Appointed someone to handle recruitment, so that they could carry these plans and come up with new ideas.

That's just what I came up with in a minute. These are the kinds things that every successful GCR does. The fact we haven't gotten these basic services up is frankly almost shocking.

I maintain that forcibly integrating the RMB and Forums isn't the best idea, we could easily handle everything here and advertise the elections.

I do note that some people here disagree with the current proposal for a bicameral legislature. Furthermore, I understand that forcing a region to accept democracy is hardly the most rational or consistent thing to do. As such, I promise to hold a referendum before putting any kind of bicameral legislature or power-sharing mechanism in place.

Should the idea of a bicameral legislature prove too radical for some, however, I believe it is still a good idea to allow the in-game region to have at least a bit of a voice. A possible way to do this would be to enable them to elect an advisory body, just as TSP currently does, enabling them to have a voice without changing too much about how the region works.

I do think that bombarding people with Telegrams once they are created may not be the best approach Llamas. You must remember many of them, by just getting created, will be BLANKETED OUT with telegrams from a dozen different regions within the first few minutes, without even realizing they can block some of those out. We could rely on a welcome telegram, that as far as I know the delegate can do, and we could coordinate with the delegate office to set up, and a good interesting WFE (which we already have) and the RMB.

I'm not a fan of adding up MORE individual TGs to new nations.

Also, we have a Welcome Telegram which often gets positive responses.  Even when they say they are choosing a different region, they respond politely and with the intent to return once they are acclimated.

So, once your interior department is formed (and perhaps a mentoring system?) I can easily adjust the telegram to include that. 

I can pin and publish dispatches as well and link them in the welcome telegram, too.  I have something like that set up now, but Westwind's Dispatch could proabaly use a clean up.  If someone wants to write a new one, I can pin it.

I would like to express my support for pretty much everything Elegarth said in his platform. I think Occam's razor is the best principle to follow when deciding what kind of legislature to build, and the uni/bicameral debate seems to be the biggest difference between Llamas' position and Elegarth's. 

I do think that bombarding people with Telegrams once they are created may not be the best approach Llamas. You must remember many of them, by just getting created, will be BLANKETED OUT with telegrams from a dozen different regions within the first few minutes, without even realizing they can block some of those out. We could rely on a welcome telegram, that as far as I know the delegate can do, and we could coordinate with the delegate office to set up, and a good interesting WFE (which we already have) and the RMB.

I'm not a fan of adding up MORE individual TGs to new nations.

I'm suggesting we send about 1 TG every week, along with a welcome TG. That won't blanket anyone, it won't bombard them, it will just make it easy for those who happened to miss the first one. Remember, welcome TG's always arrive before recruitment TG's, meaning that unless someone checks their inbox right after joining the game, they'll likely be unable to find the welcome TG.

If we are going to be sending TG's every week, perhaps we could work the regional newspaper into that? A weekly covering of the stuff that was achieved in government that week, urging nations who haven't already joined to do so.

Perhaps a few satirical stories and comedic bits to keep it from getting monotonous.

Like follow up messages instead of recruitment bombardment... I wonder if that would work... Hmmm. That's a nice idea tbh. Kudos Llamas.

Thanks. I tend to have those. *hat tip* :P

If we are going to be sending TG's every week, perhaps we could work the regional newspaper into that? A weekly covering of the stuff that was achieved in government that week, urging nations who haven't already joined to do so.

Thanks for the suggestion, Nox! I'll say that it does have quite a bit of merit. However, there's also a problem with that: It would mean that we'd have to make articles significantly shorter, so that they could fit in a single TG that wouldn't provoke a TL;DR reaction from everyone. As such, it's probably best not to actually combine them, but instead to only offer short updates in the TG's and a link to the full newspaper.

Perhaps a few satirical stories and comedic bits to keep it from getting monotonous.

Comedy is definitely TWP's thing. If at any point we're not doing it, my burrito campaign has not been successful enough. :P

Perhaps also we could send me as ambassador to Europeia get someone to create some sort of a fake stock market, because every paper needs that.

Must be done. It's been done in Lazarus before, where I ended up becoming the richest Lazarene evah. Net worth of about 1 million Phoenix fen, up from 10K originally, I believe.