Motion to Condemn Stujenske and Recognizing the Lazarene Underground Movement

I believe we've made it clear that we originally meant to remain neutral. However, it seems that Stujenske has been acting in such a way that both directly contradicts our interests abroad and is also appalling here, in the home of the COPS treaty, as Stujenske has recently begun working with forum destroyers. Furthermore, Stujenske has been condemned by nearly every single major region in the game, including multiple treaty allies of ours, and has yet to be openly supported by a single regime. Embassies are being withdrawn by the batches. Stujenske has rapidly cracked down on any and all dissent, permanently banning nations for even minor dissent; a former delegate of the region was recently banned for criticizing the flag. And finally, possibly most importantly of all, Stujenske has lost the support of most of his people. As he ran out of endorsements, he has been frantically looking for replacement endorsements in foreign sources, but even a rapid flood of foreign WA's has not prevented a slight decrease in Stujenske's endorsement count.

As such, I move for the forum government to condemn Stujenske, recognize the Lazarene Underground Movement and the PRL as the legitimate government of the region, and formally request (Although not require) that Darkesia withdraw our in-game embassy from Lazarus.

Finally! Was having issues to access. I really dislike forum destroyers. I also dislike Cormac's hypocrisy but that is another matter. We should NOT base our position on what other regions are doing, btw. But your point about forum destroyers is super valid.

I was just noting the part about our allies condemning Stu as an extra point. I don't really care what other regions say; we should make our decisions based on what we want, not what they say. Still, however, I support the Lazarene Underground Movement over Stu's government.

Because this is really simple and doesn't need to actually be edited, I move it to formal discussion.

Nope from me. I support Darkesia's neutral stance.

No sense in involving ourselves in a mess that doesn't concern us -- it's internal Lazarus business. 

Cormac's article and the logs actually prove a whole lot of nothing. Very circumstantial.

I'm also loath to see us jump on the bandwagon of boring statements released by other regions.

Me neither, rather sleep deprived here as well.

I had to send a home-test yesterday, Finance Math. Started at 7PM, ended at 2AM, thankfully our professor opened the delivery box till 6AM... Anyway, went to bed at 2:30AM and then woke up at 5AM to cook breakfast for my wife and kid and started to work at 7AM... I'm... too tired.

Actually, now that I look, I don't see where that nation or any of the aliases I know him by have spent any time in Lazarus.

I will need some evidence that they are sheltering a forum destroyer. 

This is pretty much the only thing TWP takes seriously in the game.  So I won't accuse someone without evidence.

Yeah Cormac's article was incredibly circumstantial and it's rather disgusting how so many simply took it at face value. It was of course calculated to give regions an excuse to hate Stu. The log he provides is almost entirely irrelevant and there's nothing to suggest Stu invited 94 Block or anything.

I am faced with a dillemma and need some input.

I sent a message to the previous Delegate asking for some action on the nation Aslan, which is the forum destroyer.  I received no response.  I sent another message to the current delegate and asked for action.  I have not received an answer, despite the fact that the nation has been checked.

The course of action I am thinking of taking is to respond in kind.

Meaning we close both embassies without making an announcement.  Treat them with the same respect they have shown us.

My question is:  Am I being too much of a B!t@h?

Well, I think in this situation removing the embassies speaks for itself. If you've broken ties with Lazarus, then continuing conversation with them even one announcement longer seems pointless--you've already sent them telegrams, as you've said. Perhaps, however, an announcement to members of TWP would be in order. Then again, your post here may be good enough.

I sent a message to the previous Delegate asking for some action on the nation Aslan, which is the forum destroyer.  I received no response.  I sent another message to the current delegate and asked for action.  I have not received an answer, despite the fact that the nation has been checked.

Meaning we close both embassies without making an announcement.  Treat them with the same respect they have shown us.

I am Llamas, and I support this message. Seems like a good idea, go for it.

No.

I think this is an entirely appropriate course of action.

I encourage our leadership to reach out to, perhaps, Yao with questions. I think he may be able to help.

I have closed the in-game embassy.

TWP recognizes the seated delegate of any region as the legitimate delegate of that region.  The legitimate delegate of Lazarus has chosen not to engage TWP.  This is their right.

TWP recognizes the off site forum as it's own separate viable entity.  That entity has not chosen to engage TWP.

Because of my concerns regarding the sheltering of a known forum destroyer, I urge this forum Community to follow my example and disengage by quietly closing their forum Embassy with us.  This might not be possible now, considering the transitional state of the forum government at this time.

Note:  This in no way represents my intention to recognize the rebellion government.  Unless they become the forum recognized by the majority of the region.  Further, I believe it is very important that the TWPAF stay out of this.

No.

I think this is an entirely appropriate course of action.

I encourage our leadership to reach out to, perhaps, Yao with questions. I think he may be able to help.

XD

A note: Yao=Milograd=Pestarzt. :P

I have closed the in-game embassy.

TWP recognizes the seated delegate of any region as the legitimate delegate of that region.  The legitimate delegate of Lazarus has chosen not to engage TWP.  This is their right.

TWP recognizes the off site forum as it's own separate viable entity.  That entity has not chosen to engage TWP.

Because of my concerns regarding the sheltering of a known forum destroyer, I urge this forum Community to follow my example and disengage by quietly closing their forum Embassy with us.  This might not be possible now, considering the transitional state of the forum government at this time.

Note:  This in no way represents my intention to recognize the rebellion government.  Unless they become the forum recognized by the majority of the region.  Further, I believe it is very important that the TWPAF stay out of this.

Agreed completely. Perhaps it would be better to quietly close the embassy, and wait to see if the government-in-exile can gain the support of the in-game community before recognizing them.

I note that it is the executive forum government's choice to close this; as such, when we have a Prime Minister and an Officer of Foreign Affairs, they will be able to make this choice.

I was going to advise reaching out for Yao, who has been more responsive. But it does NOT seems you are being unreasonable at all, Dark.

I also think that as per the result of the votes, I'm technically prime minister now and while I intend to hold an election, I can also act and close that embassy while that is done. I'll do it all this later tonight when I have proper forum access instead of my almost out of battery Samsung phone