Absence/Inactivity Thread

• 2 months later...

Important note:

Members of the RA are reminded that this thread is to be used to notify your fellow members of any extended leaves/absences you may have to take. It's not permission, just an obligation.

As a rule of thumb, it would be appreciated if you posted here if you're connection/activity will be hectic due to RL, going to be away for at least a week and/or will be missing the next Roll Call(s). Alternatively for the latter shoot a PM to myself or whoever is the Speaker at the time.

Of course, feel free to inform us about any nice holidays/weekends away, and don't forget to tell us what you'll be bringing back for us! :)

I travelled to Seattle, leaving the falling snow behind as a winter storm was arriving at home.  Had to remove eight inches of snow from my car before heading to the airport.  Then we were delayed, as they had to deice the plane twice before we left.  

Arrived in the rain of Seattle, ducking under the clouds before landing as the emerald green of Western Washington was below.

Flowers blooming, cheer blossoms beginning to unfold.  New shoots beginning to grow on rose bushes.

On my return, minutes before boarding the plane to come home, they announced "Passengers should be aware that a 'Weather Warn' has been issued for all airports in Montana, if the flight cannot land, it will be returning to Seattle".  I boarded anyway.  The first airport we landed at in Montana was fine.  Yes, it was snowing, the wind blowing, drifts creeping out into the runway.  And we were delayed again with more deicing.  Then the flight to home, where it was said to be "ugly".  The flight was fine until landing, which was a roller coaster ride, and the plane was lifted and pushed side to side, right until touchdown.  I expected they'd have to try again, but they made it down.  The runway covered in snow, drifts across the runway.

My car in the airport parking lot covered in a fresh 15 inches of snow that I had to dig out at 1am, and then rock my car back and forth to get it out of the parking spot, surrounded by snow up to the car doors.

The good news was, a neighbor had plowed out my driveway while I was gone.  Since getting home, there's been another eight inches of snow, and the temps are expected to be 30F below tonight.

It didn't seem right, flipping the calendar on the wall over to March. 

It was -40F in Stony Rapids, Canada in January. People were still going about their normal day too. I think Mother Nature has decided to have a good laugh at the people who made global warming.

Never confuse weather and climate VP.

Anyway, this week a couple of days in Belgium (swodding Belgium man) and next week three days in Italy.  Will pop in when I can.

• 3 weeks later...

In case someone might suspect a coup, I'll post here confirming the above. ;)

As of right now I'll be away and won't be able to fulfill the last of my duties of this term. West is named Deputy Speaker and will finish up what I started until my successor takes the role.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...