Mass Recruitment Telegrams

Westwind

And so it begins....

The wait for Telegram Stamps is over and some players have begun to make use of this new 'for pay' tool to engage in GCR and UCR mass telegram recruitment.  The traditional telegrams rules have changed, so old nations will recieve recruitment telegrams once again, and no region - neither GCR nor UCR - are immune.

So I recommend you set your telegrams settings to block recruitment telegrams.  It'll cost the sender just as much to sent to a nation blocking them as it does to a nation that does not block them.  So save yourself the annoyance and put a nick in the sender's pocketbook and block them.  Max gets the money just the same.

While there has been some outrage across NS over the use of mass recruitment telegrams, I cannot get myself too worked up over something that is game legal, even though I dislike it.  I still don't like Influence, but getting worked up about it won't change it.  Instead we embrace it, and use it to it's best purposes, and incorporate it into our regional policies and plans. 

So it should be regarding mass recruitment telegrams.

Hippy Haven has exchanged ingame Embassies with us, and yet send a mass recruitment telegram to our region.  I have expressed our disapointment and concerns with their Founder, and he has apologized.

However, I think it would be sound regional policy for us to reject or close embassies in the future with any region that engages in mass recuritment telegrams in The West Pacific.  This would not prohibit traditional manual recruitment, nor the recruitment of new nations via allowed scripts.

We've also seen that it's quite possible for The West Pacific to use it's own recruitment script.  That would be fair retaliation at no cost against non-embassied regions that attempt mass telegram recruitment in TWP.

Let me know what you think..... you may have a variety of opinions and thoughts, and may have ideas I haven't considered, so speak up :)

The One Stop Rules Shop says

Griefing: Harassing a nation or region because of what they did or said. This is specifically forbidden in telegrams and Regional Messageboard (RMB) posts. If you receive abusive telegrams, save them. If there are abusive RMB posts, use the Additional Information checkboxes on the Getting Help Page.

So...  If you want to discourage the use of MassSpam it would be best done, carefully planned and spoken about as NOT!retaliation, rather as self-defense.

On the other hand, I am all for blowing things out of proportion in order to incite war.  Seroiusly...  Let's kick some NS booty.

The faster we modify our AdSpam rules to accomodate a policy of closing embassies with anyone rude enough to MassSpam us when they have an embassy with us, the happier I will be.

Okay let's set this as policy then, and add it to our next FA update to all embassies.  This will cover my actions as Delegate.  Futher policy decisions need to be made by the government, so should be discussed in the Landstraad, IMO.

Regions that maintain an Ingame Embassy with The West Pacific and engage in Mass Recruitment Telegram campaigns that are not limited to new nations in TWP, will have their Embassy immediately closed in formal protest.  Further actions may be taken by the TWP Government as may be found to be appropriate to the situation.