That Called the Vlagh for Advocate

First, I make no apologies for my positions and I am well aware of my chances in getting elected as Advocate of the Voice.

My primary goal in office will be to see the Voice move back towards the Charter as it was written and ratified, with inclusive cooperation between the Union and the Delegacy.  I see the Delegate as the ultimate authority within the region, as is supported by the Charter, and I will not be seeking to superimpose the Union above it.

I will abolish the Deputy Advocate of Foreign Affairs position and place that back into the realm of Delegate control.  We are an offsite government meant to represent an offsite community, it is not in our business to conduct onsite foreign policy.  If we wish to take part in the onsite aspect of foreign policy then we should seek to modify the Charter (legally) in order to incorporate further cooperation with the Delegate nation to that end.  I will support the foreign policy aims of the Delegate nation as a citizen of TWP, not as a competing head of government.

I have no doubts that punkdaddy and simple country can do admirable jobs in the position but the latter has been largely absent for an extended period of time and the former, while currently active, has split loyalties between the offsite community and the onsite 'government' as a Guardian of the region.  That is not meant to diminish the role of Guardians at all, or imply that they absolutely can not serve as Advocate, but I believe that in this time of transition a firm separation between the Guardians and the Voice would be best until we determine collectively if we want to pursue a purely offsite governmental policy or insert ourselves (via modification of the Charter in conjunction with the Delegate) into onsite activity.

I am happy to answer questions but as I have guests flying in tomorrow they may be sporadically replied to over the next couple of days.

Actually I agree with your comments about Foreign Affairs. The on site running of that has always been (if I remember correctly) the Delegate's bailiwick.

The forum role has been one of organising Ambassadors to our various friends, making sure they post updates and running the in forum embassies, not of dictating policy.

I would like to not run, to be honest. I do, however, have concerns that the player behind TP's delegate and Vlagh are the same from a time committment standpoint. 

The Advocate we need really will need to be hands on and I'm not sure you can fulfill both duties at 100% capacity.

I would like to not run, to be honest. I do, however, have concerns that the player behind TP's delegate and Vlagh are the same from a time committment standpoint.

The Advocate we need really will need to be hands on and I'm not sure you can fulfill both duties at 100% capacity.

To be fair, I have been more active here since resigning my position than you have been since returning from inactivity. That isn't an insult and may not reflect behind the scenes activity, but you just announced a second delay in the Advocate election process...

I'm fairly active.

There is quite a bit going on behind the scenes.

My activity levels, though, have nothing to do with yours.

Except that you are the current Advocate, are running against me for Advocate, and have stated that you doubt my ability to be active enough for the position.

I would say that makes your activity levels very relevant when you make such comments.

The bottom line is that since you have been 'back' not a lot has actually been done here. And yes, I know a lot goes on behind the scenes but that is sort of the point isn't it? You have a lot going on behind the scenes as a Guardian while the Voice is hit with delays and seemingly a second place priority.

Except that you are the current Advocate, are running against me for Advocate, and have stated that you doubt my ability to be active enough for the position.

I would say that makes your activity levels very relevant when you make such comments.

The bottom line is that since you have been 'back' not a lot has actually been done here. And yes, I know a lot goes on behind the scenes but that is sort of the point isn't it? You have a lot going on behind the scenes as a Guardian while the Voice is hit with delays and seemingly a second place priority.

Since I have been "back" much has gone on. But more would have gone on if URAP hadn't short circuited things. This place was pretty dead prior to me being back. This place has 1000 percent more activity.

But deflection is one of your noted skills.

I would still love an answer beyond, "i'm fairly active" to my question. I don't ask this question in malice or with ill intent. I was asking to see if I felt confident enough to remove myself from the race knowing you could do both jobs. Instead you took the opportunity to take pot shots at me. If your aim was to win, this hampers those efforts because I am no less convinced now than when I asked the question about your activity. And it would not have taken much to assuage me.

Sometimes a question is just a question.

I'm fairly active is a sufficient answer to your question regardless of your intent.

If I wasn't active then I would say so.

That said, since my answer evidently wasn't clear enough for you, yes, the player behind Pierconium has more than enough time in his schedule to handle the management of The Pacific and the Voice.

And, for the record, no deflection has taken place. You attempting to take credit for the activity increase here is laughable, however. Since coming back you have prolonged the naming of the Deputies and missed two deadlines in the Advocate election process. And that is all you have visibly done in the office.

I'm not deflecting at all, I am simply pointing out that those living in glass houses really shouldn't throw stones.

• 4 weeks later...