A Darkesian Simulation

Hariko

“Um, we will see...I mean no, sorry, I mean no. No I have not.”

The Harikene tries to pick himself up but his wrist still hurts so he takes a moment to get his composure before getting up again.

"It's awesome. I'm pretty good, but eh. I'm a casual player. At least I still leave my house."

The Harikene looks at the Norwegian's set up for a moment.

“Ah, yes, I see...”

He brushed the dirt off of his pants and looked ahead at the line. The Reçu was taking a selfie with a customer.

He sighed. Contemplating whether or not to ditch and go shop elsewhere, he took out his phone and began reading a book on it. Then a notification on it said he was running low on battery, and his charger was in the car two blocks away by the beach. Annoyed, he put the phone back in his pocket and listened to the odd noises the laptop would make as the Norwegian kept playing in line.

The Norwegian is blissfully unaware of the watchers around him as he makes a quadrakill and escapes back to his nexus to buy the Blade of the Ruined King before heading out again.

A Naisaarian enters the store and sees a huge line of people. He goes up to a Harikene looking at a Norwegian play LoL and says to him, "Haven't you ever heard of drones delivering your food?" He then takes out his phone and orders some corn chips, which are swiftly delivered by a drone before he exits the store. As he exits the store, he says to them, "Go to -some website- and try it! It's better than that line!

The Texan graciously accepts the Harikene's apology. Pats him on the back and asks, "What's with the drone? I'm sure glad we're not so lazy as to have groceries delivered instantly. People are losing touch with humanity."

The Texan then leans in to watch the computer game quadrakill.

The Harikene turned around for a second before responding with an “Oh.”

He looked in his basket of groceries and noticed something was missing.

“Hey, could you hold my place in line for a moment; I forgot to get something.”

The Harikene runs off to get a box of Japanese Kit Kats, and hopefully TWP-Mart has the big box still in stock.

Two minutes later, he returns with three big boxes in his arms and a big grin on his face, and then gets back in line.

“I have a problem.”

The Harikene runs off to get a box of Japanese Kit Kats, and hopefully TWP-Mart has the big box still in stock.

Two minutes later, he returns with three big boxes in his arms and a big grin on his face, and then gets back in line.

“I have a problem.”

"Heh. So do I, as you may have noticed."

The Harikene glances at the Norwegian before doing so.

The line moves up, but the next customer has coupons, making the transaction with the Reçu even slower.

He is not amused.