TG System Overhauled, More Changes to Come

New Kervoskia

Poor(both senses of the word) Max, all he did was try to make the game better and look at all the hatred he's getting!  :P

I don't think he's doing it in the right way, though, by lumping all of the paid stuff in at the same time; if he were to introduce the paid features bit by bit, we might be more tolerant. Perhaps these are just the first in a long line of paid features that he's going to role out, we shall have to wait and see.

Hatred? I do hope not. Although I can quite imagine that the type of person that actively prostitutes themselves into getting positions of moderation within NationStates are the very same people that would exhibit that sort of reaction....especially if they do not get what they expect as preferential treatment due to them because of their "position".

It's not like he's asking for 20 bucks. 

His next book, Lexicon comes out in a couple weeks.  And Syrup was recently turned into a movie.  Max is doing ok. 

I have read a few of his books.  He has a knack for building well rounded, believable characters despite their often insane surroundings.  The stuff reads a bit like a screenplay at times.  But I've come to accept that many contemporary creative people think in terms of TV shows .

It's just not something that I would consider worth buying for what I play NS for; I'm never going to send a mass telegram to another region and my days of recruiting are long gone.

You think Max wrote his books with the intent that they be turned into films? Not a bad idea if you're in the business to make money, although I had no idea that he'd already had one done.

I also find it strange that he's started to charge now, 10 years after the games initial inception.

This has probably already been discussed, but the new telegram system (particularly mass TG's) could be used to great effect in stirring up activity from the region. TWP already has a large active member base, I know, but a system such as this could be used to attract people to these forums, to give out WA information and to encourage people to endorse Yy as their Delegate. A regional news letter, of sorts, to encourage new nations to participate in regional affairs.

From an Intel point, yeah.  But I still like to keep up on the news around NS in general.  Too bad we don't have the news services that used to exist around NS.  Maybe the next new features will include [violet]'s concept of being able to subscribe to nations's dispatches, which are currently only used for nation's factbooks.  It could be a good way to distribute news around NS as an opt-in news system.