Noise Experiments

Pestarzt

I enjoy drawing my own continents/rough-outlining.

I drew maps when I was young...before there were computers.  Tape four sheets of paper together and draw a continent...islands off the coast...add mountain ranges, rivers, etc....establish tribes....land colonies...have them expand, interact, maintain listings of populations, governments, economics.....have wars among them.

And you thought Max invented NationStates....Ha!

I drew cities too.  Draw out the streets, individual buildings.  Long before SimCity.

I drew maps when I was young...before there were computers.  Tape four sheets of paper together and draw a continent...islands off the coast...add mountain ranges, rivers, etc....establish tribes....land colonies...have them expand, interact, maintain listings of populations, governments, economics.....have wars among them.

And you thought Max invented NationStates....Ha!

I drew cities too.  Draw out the streets, individual buildings.  Long before SimCity.

That sounds really cool! Do you still have any of them?

That sounds really cool! Do you still have any of them?

Hmmm....yeah I think I have a scan someplace....yeah, this was an 8 sheet map from the 80's.  Of particular note, the large island at the bottom is the Kingdom of Albion. It is also the map that I used for trying to write a book....which was Alexander of Albion. I wrote about 180 pages into it, and then wrote some short stories around it.  So you see...I founded Albion before NS . :P

I used Alexander of Albion as the basis for the RP Tragedy in Westwind in Equilism years ago.

Dashed lines offshore are trade routes between towns.

Pacifica_all%20-1.jpg

Those are the mountain ranges, with the rivers flowing from them to the sea.  Oh, and I forgot to mention that the continent was named Pacifica. I tried to found Pacifica in NS a few times too.  The greying of the map is from constantly drawing and erasing things on it.  When a map got worn out, I'd trace out a fresh copy, but the original was drawn freehand.

This all started when I was a young lad around....hmmm....ten years old ?  My imaginary nation was Paradise, then changed to Westwind and I typed (yes, on an old Smith Corona typewriter) a Newspaper that talked about it.  I still have some of those too.  There were top ten song lists in the news like "Westwind Roll".  Westwind was originally imagined to be a technology based world power.  Having taken over the desert of Namibia, then expanding with a scientific colony on Antarctica....Westwind then was the first to successfully harness fusion power both for energy and weapons.

The Kingdom of Albion wasn't just the large island BTW, it also includes mainland territory to the north.  Had another gal wrote a short story based off my stories of Albion....her's was called Tchar the Wanderer  (and you thought TAO the Wanderer came first).