The TWP Astronomy Thread

Bhang Bhang Duc

http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/lunar/2014-october-8

Lunar eclipse coming soon!  The nice link above will tell you if and when you can see it in your area.

For me:

Event UTC Time Time in Cleveland* Visible in Cleveland Penumbral Eclipse begins Oct 8 at 8:17 AM Oct 8 at 4:17 AM Yes Partial Eclipse begins Oct 8 at 9:18 AM Oct 8 at 5:18 AM Yes Full Eclipse begins Oct 8 at 10:27 AM Oct 8 at 6:27 AM Yes Maximum Eclipse Oct 8 at 10:55 AM Oct 8 at 6:55 AM Yes Full Eclipse ends Oct 8 at 11:22 AM Oct 8 at 7:22 AM Yes Partial Eclipse ends Oct 8 at 12:32 PM Oct 8 at 8:32 AM No, below horizon Penumbral Eclipse ends Oct 8 at 1:32 PM Oct 8 at 9:32 AM No, below horizon

Why this simply refuses to remain in the table as soon as I try to post it, is beyond me.  Suffice to say, it's a nice table if you look at the link.

• 1 month later...

I know this isnt the most correct place, but where does aerospace/aeronautical engineering have connections to astronomy?

Well, since most of our valuable astronomical machines require that sort of engineering knowledge for full design and operation... I guess the question answers itself... unless you are confusing astronomy with astrology?

Well, since most of our valuable astronomical machines require that sort of engineering knowledge for full design and operation... I guess the question answers itself... unless you are confusing astronomy with astrology?

No, I know that astrology is something completely different.

Well, I must admit that was a bit of stupid question for me to ask, :|

• 2 weeks later...

All is go for the first flight of NASA's Orion on Thursday.  A 4.5 hour unmanned test flight.

about 4 hours ago
Managers from United Launch Alliance (ULA) and Lockheed Martin gave a “go” to proceed toward launch pending completion of open work during the Launch Readiness Review for Orion’s flight test. The weather is forecast to be 60 percent “go” for a scheduled liftoff at 7:05 a.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 4.