The War of Osiris is over

Earlier today, JAL/Durkadurkiranistan, Governor Imperator of The Dourian Embassy and Osiris issued the following statement on the Gameplay forums:

As some of you may know, Gatesville, Pharoah Cormac, myself, and others have been involved in deep negotiations over the past week. We've seen the Kemetic Republic of Osiris change much over these past 30 days; frankly, these changes in its approach to foreign affairs and the like are a marked improvement, in my eyes. It is with this in mind that I announce that a deal has been struck, with the terms outlined below.

1. The Kemetic Republic of Osiris will be restored as the ruling government of Osiris.
2. The delegacy will be transfered directly from The Dourian Embassy to Cormac A Stark.
3. The Dourian Embassy will not be ejected or banned from the region thereafter.
4. The Kemetic Republic of Osiris agrees to close relations with the Founderless Region Alliance (FRA).
5. The Kemetic Republic of Osiris agrees that all relations with the West Pacific will remain closed permanently.
6. The Kemetic Republic of Osiris agrees to end its participation in the Pan-Sinker Security Pact.
7. The Kemetic Republic of Osiris recognises Gatesville's intentions in their own unique way to promote sovereignty in Nationstates through the occupation of Osiris, thanks Gatesville for their willingness to broker a deal, and assures them that no ill-will remains.
8. The Kemetic Republic of Osiris recognises the support of The New Inquisition and The Land of Kings and Emperors in resolving this conflict and thanks them for their patience, loyalty and support throughout in dealing with all their stakeholders.

I hence ask all military units endorsing me from Gatesville, the New Inquisition, the Land of Kings and Emperors, and wherever else, to endorse The Pharaoh of Cormac A StarkThe Pharaoh of Cormac A Stark. To ensure the swift and proper execution of term #2, I ask that these units leave their endorsements on me until Cormac surpasses Detective Figs and Sentimental Journey in endorsements, at which point these units should then drop their endorsements of me.

Thank you and have a good day.

-Governor Imperator, Lord High Executioner, High Tsar, Grand Ayatollah, Vanguard, and Slave Auctioneer Durkadurkiranistan II

This statement and agreement ends the long running war between the Kemetic Republic of Osiris and the Gatesville backed Imperium of Osiris following the transfer of Delegate nation, The Dourian Embassy, to the control of Gatesville.

Interestingly, the agreement also orders that the Kemetic Republic never reopen relations with The West Pacific, this is following the closure of all relations between The West Pacific and Gatesville.

Response on the Gameplay forum is decidedly against the terms laid out by Gatesville to the Kemetic Republic with Tilk coming to the conclusion that Gatesville has won the war. Like many others, AMOM (Delegate of The East Pacific) was understandably confused by the proceedings.

More as this develops.

Link to post - here.

Link to thread - here.

*shrugs*  It really maintains a status quo.  TWP relations were already closed.  The Dourian Embassy will remain an Influencial threat to the minnow delegacy of Cormac A Stark.  Osiris position in the Pan Sinker treaty was already tenuous before these events, and none of the sides likes FRA. 

tl;dr Durk wins?

I always thought the Pan-Sinker Security Pact was still in effect, just Osiris asked the other signatories to hold off of all action until the end of the coup. And now here we are a the end of the coup and boom, Osiris themselves say they're quitting it.

This just says 'Osiris surrenders' all over for me. 

Also, lol 'no ill will remains'. In writing, perhaps.

I have reason beleive the 'no ill will' part.

There have been prior issues regarding the Pan Sinker Treaty from Osiris, so I find it no surprise.

LKE's statement:

Throughout this conflict, The LKE's ultimate objectives have been stability, freedom and democracy in Osiris. A precondition to achieving the former objectives was naturally the removal of FRA and UDL influence. To achieve the latter meanwhile, the return of the Delegacy to the rightfully elected Pharoah, Cormac, was fundamental. It is for these reasons that The LKE used its considerable military leverage, achieved through the extensive UIAF deployment, to support negotiations between both sides in order to bring about a peaceful settlement. The agreement of the Kemetic Republic to these terms reflects such a peaceful settlement.

We are grateful to Osiris for their tribute to our role in reaching this agreement and thereby resolving this conflict, and we will now work to help secure the Delegacy as per the terms of the agreement, as soon as possible.

Oh, and on the PSSP, a few days ago Balder said:

The Riksdag is currently considering repealing the treaty with the goal of creating new one with Osiris

And I understand TRR has had it's issues with it as well.

Balder:

Withdrawal from the PSSP

After discussions over a couple of weeks and a vote in the Riksdag, the government of Balder has decided to formally repeal the Pan Sinker Security Pact, removing Balder as a signatory and relieving our region of the obligations outlined within.

We spotted it, but too late.  We only had TAO making the off hand remark about what it would take to put Sentimental Journey in the seat.  It's still good to see the Slingshot being used so effectively.