Proud Dad

Westwind

You know you've been playing NS too long when...

:D

And congrats to you and your daughter Westwind!

She was a carpet crawler back when I started, and now it won't be long till she's ready to start conquering NS regions.  She does claim that she's "evil", so be very afraid.

That would make an odd episode of Jerry Springer...

'Next up we have a girl who claims her father used her to gain intel on the FRA. Her father claims she was passing puppet nation names to the UIAF. And we'll meet several conspiracists who claim the daughter and father are the same person!'

:D

I can do better than that.  ADN Director Pope Hope was both my daughter, and my siamese twin.  To top that off, she turned into a shark, swallowed both Penngrove and I before barfing us back up.

Ah yes.....those were the days.

:P

I remember those days. I've recently been writing up the history of the GRA (I'm literally going through thread by thread, it's taken me two months to write the first 8000 words, which has covered the first year (2005-06)) and I came across all scandals from that time, RLA forum deletion, etc.

'Tis a good thing, since it's a text based game.

better use of time is to plot more shenanigans for the future, rather than reminiscing about old ones.

Pretty much true.  Use today to create the future that we'll reminisce about tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

*chuckles*

He's been doing this sort of thing for a long time. Was making six figures straight out of high school, he's already passed all the computer/network/security certifications that were available.  He used to write custom firewall firmware for awhile, was part of a million dollar firewall guarantee for one company. Was then Senior Security guy for Nokia worldwide.  They provided him with company paid apartments in Germany, Sweden, Finland, Indonesia, and a couple other places. His wife still works for Nokia as an international lawyer (she's from Brazil).  He then left Nokia for Experian to become their Vice President for Security, establishing a new presence in South America for them...they see that as the best new market for them. 

Then he rejected offers from Goldman Sacs, and is now at Blackstone where they do billion dollar deals over lunch.

Meanwhile, my other nephew just passed the last Architectural test available in California, and his company made him a senior partner.  I remember giving him rides in a basket when he was a baby, and now he turns 39 this month.  Dang I'm getting old.

Yes, even my dad has said (after a sideways glance at me), "Hey.....you're getting old!" 

Ask him to send a spare Million this way :PB)

I can't even get him to do that for me.  But he did pay for a night on the town on his expense account once.