Reviving the Judiciary of The West Pacific...Members of the voice, have your say...

Fellow Voice members of TWP,

TWP has not had a functioning judiciary for a very, very long time and as a member of the voice, I would like to see if it would be worthwhile bringing back the judiciary of TWP.

Granted, when we did have the judiciary, it was not used very much, but it was there in the event we needed to use the judiciary.

New legislation would have to be written (which I am more than willing to undertake), since the judiciary was functioning under another government structure.

I think that for a government to function properly, we need a functioning judiciary, no matter if it gets used often or once in a blue moon. 

Questions, comments, gripes and complaints are welcome of course  :lol:

According to the Charter, we will establish arbitors on a case by case basis as needed. And since it isn't used much that may be a good system.

With that being said, debate is a good thing! What was the reasoning for writing the judiciary in this manner when creating the Charter?

I will defer this question to one that can answer...since I was not the one that wrote the previous legislation on the judiciary :)

The reason was that it was seldom ever required and hence seemed easier to create a system based on need. When we need a judicial thing, we choose someone and deal with it. The rest of the time, we don't need someone sitting in an inactive position

Elegarth hit the nail on the head. Another problem with establishing an office that seldom is used; whomever is appointed falls into inactivity long before they are needed. So in effect, the only activity the judiciary ever saw was appointing new officers of the court.

The reason was that it was seldom ever required and hence seemed easier to create a system based on need. When we need a judicial thing, we choose someone and deal with it. The rest of the time, we don't need someone sitting in an inactive position

Elegarth hit the nail on the head. Another problem with establishing an office that seldom is used; whomever is appointed falls into inactivity long before they are needed. So in effect, the only activity the judiciary ever saw was appointing new officers of the court.

Valid points.

Would we need to write legislation to make this happen?

• 4 weeks later...