An Unfortunate Resignation and Update

Hello Friends of TWP!

During the last few weeks, a mixture of me being severely sick with a throat infection and posterior flu, plus having to keep working to avoid getting sidetracked kept me away from the level of activity that I desire to maintain as Advocate of the Voice. As last week came to a close, I was hopeful to start regaining my activity, but alas, the management of the Fortune 50 global company I work for decided differently.

This technology company that I've worked for 5 years already is going through a split process to become two new frtune 50 companies (some Google should help you know who I work for ;) ) and in this split, which implies employees, processes, assets, and another several thousand details has set up an internal overcharge office for people to work on to make this split happen. This special office is time-demanding and implies a lot of time, since people who gets elected to it are required not only to keep their own roles up to date, but also to perform the extra roles the office demands... and I've received notification that I'm now a part of it till the end of July / start of August.

With this, it is unlikely that I can come back to my desired activity level to perform my duties as the Advocate of the Voice, and it would be unfair to continue without an Advocate that is not only willing - as I am - but who also has the time.

As per the Charter of the Voice:

3. Government of the Union

(1) The government of the Union will be administered by the Advocate, who will be elected by and preside over the Voice.

(2) Elections for Advocate will consist of a three day period for declarations of candidacy followed by a five day period for voting.

(3) Any member of the Voice who has held continuous membership in the Voice for one month or more will be eligible for candidacy for Advocate.

(4) Any resident who participated in the constitutional convention to enact this Charter will be eligible for the first election for Advocate immediately following enactment of this Charter.

(5) In the event that the office of Advocate is vacant during an election for Advocate, the Delegate may administer the election, may appoint an election administrator, or the member of the Voice with the longest continuous membership and who is available to serve will administer the election.

(6) In the event that no candidate receives a simple majority on the first election ballot, a run-off election will be conducted between the two highest voted candidates, starting no sooner than 24 hours and no later than 72 hours after the previous election has closed. This election will also last for a five day voting period.

(7) In the event that an election results in a tie between only two candidates, the incumbent will be re-elected or, if the incumbent is not a candidate, the candidate who first declared candidacy will be elected.

(8) The Advocate will serve terms of four months, with a limit of two consecutive terms.

(9) The Advocate may appoint officials to assist in government and may dismiss such officials.

(10) The Voice may, by two-thirds majority vote, dismiss the Advocate from office.

(11) The Voice may dismiss any official appointed by the Advocate from office.

Since I don't want to create a further hassle, I'm opening up the candidacy declaration as of tomorrow, and it will be open for 3 days, after which we will held a vote for 5 days. My resignation will be effective as of the moment the new Advocate is elected. I'll be asking my current Deputy Advocates to report in the Echo Chamber - the working area of the Advocate and his Deputies - to report their current processes and tasks for the future team to pick it up. I'll also like to advise the next advocate to make use of the experience of the current DA's in his team, to improve results and allow for a smooth transition.

I'll continue with my tasks as Guardian of TWP, and I do intend to continue as an active part of this community. I hope I can come back to full activity during August, once I'm freed from the extra tasks I'll be dealing with.

I love you all!

This technology company that I've worked for 5 years already is going through a split process to become two new frtune 50 companies (some Google should help you know who I work for ;) ) and in this split, which implies employees, processes, assets, and another several thousand details has set up an internal overcharge office for people to work on to make this split happen.

I see something wrong with this... (spelling-wise, of course).

Elegarth, I am very sorry to see you having to go but understand your situation and thank you most sincerely for your work in putting the Advocate's position onto such a solid foundation, thus allowing your successor to get a head start.

I wish you well and look forward to your inputs as and when you can make them, which I trust, will be frequent :)  :twpflag: