The Darkipedia Index

Hariko

The Darkipedia Index

Welcome to the index of the Darkipedia project; the project to catalogue and standardise all the wiki-like factbooks of TWP.  New submissions are welcome, just add “Darkipedia, the chocolatey encyclopaedia” at the top. This project is maintained by Hariko with the support of the Delegate. Please post submissions below.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Darkipedia Pages

A

B

C
Consular
D

E

F

G

H
Hariko
I

J

K

L
Little Sealand
M
Mediobogdum
N

O

P

Q

R

S

T

U

V

W

X

Y

Z
Zogradia
#

Hariko, you are a great ideas person :)

I would like mine to be included but it is a bit of a hotch-potch and needs to be somehow amalgamated/streamlined.  If you can suggest how I can put the individual items together I'd be grateful.  It was compiled very early on in my NS life.

Okay, Hariko, I think that my Factbook is in a reasonable state to go public but I still have 2 areas to complete: Culture and Infrastructure, but I've run out of 'puff' for the moment :(   Have two questions for you though:

1. I have 3 images which are really too big from a viewing standpoint but do not know if I can reduce them in size. Might that be possible?

2. Instead of linking the text with my individual Factbook entries, I have just combined them all into the one Factbook document.  Not sure if that is generally done, but I prefer the look my way.  Oh, the question!  Might it be possible to have a table that makes the links between the various main sections as per your original please? Or tell me how to do this?

Have enjoyed spending the last 3 days producing the Factbook - even if my wife thinks I'm a nutter!

1. There are two ways, editing the tag to specify the size, but the way I do is to upload it to Imgur and use the size options they have there.

2. Also, yes I did that too. I'll look at your factbook when I'm on my laptop so it renders better, and then see what I can do. Okay, so I looked at it, and I understand that you want a table of contents at the beginning like mine. Insert this right after the nation overview but before the first section's header:

[floatleft][box]
Contents
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Ety]1 Etymology[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Hist]2 History[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Geo]3 Geography[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Demo]4 Demographics[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Pop]4.1 Population[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Lan]4.2 Language[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Reli]4.3 Race[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#City]4.4 Largest Cities[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Govt]5 Government[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#FRM]5.1 Foreign Relations and Military[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Econ]6 Economy[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Cult]7 Culture[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Infra]8 Infrastructure[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Energy]8.1 Energy[/url]
[/box][/floatleft]

Remember, these links aren't active yet. Where it says “INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL,” remove it and replace it with http://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=434240. Make sure that the word following the octothorpe (#) is the same as the [anchor] tag where the corresponding header is, otherwise it will link to the wrong section. To add links, copy-paste one of the lines, and then change the anchor word, which is after the #. 

3. Your wife must be so proud.  :P

Edited by Hariko

Had a look at Imgur.com and it just looks like a sharing site for pics of the day and other 'fun' things.  I suppose in the midst of all that there might be something useful for me to use?  Maybe I have to upload an image first before getting any options to change it.

Yeah, once you do upload it, in the bottom right corner you get several options for what size you want. You can choose between small, medium, large, and very large, as well as rectangle or square. Beyond that, you'd have to get handy with BBCode tags or use MS Paint or something similar to save the picture at a smaller size. A third option would be to search for the image on Google and click the dimensions in the black sidebar to find different sizes of the same image, if there are any.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...