Statement and Action in Current Events in the HGA

As you have seen, we are right now on some sort of turmoil due to the well intentioned actions of Darkesia and Llamas, to get some active government up and ready for the TWP. However, in order to ensure the legal hold of such government, and to prevent possible future issues regarding the legality of the elected officiales and actions, I'm going to try to sort this out to ensure the process is both smooth and legally compliant.

1) Both the Executive Council Act and the Name Change Act votes will remain open and continue, up to April 10th. They were opened during Holidays and as such, as a one time exception, I'll go ahead and grant a 7 days period for vote to be completed in them.

2) The current nominations and campaigns are not legally viable, as there is niether a Prime Minister position nor a vacancy for the Speaker position. As such, I'll lock them FOR NOW.

3) If both acts pass, I'll become the incumbent Prime Minister, but that was NOT the position I was elected for, hence I will tend my resignation if they both pass, but not inmediately, I'll instead do it so that I can ensure a proper election for Prime Minister is held, according to the existing law.

4) Any campaign threads will be reopened during the new campaign process, accordingly, as people who has made an effort to discuss and propose shouldn't see that disappear. Just put on pause to ensure all is happening properly.

Please register any complains and the legal background for them in this thread.

Oh, but now that I think about it: you should likely shorten the voting periods on the bills to what they normally are. It doesn't seem like anybody else will vote, and even if they do, it's unlikely they'll be able to change the outcome. Also, it would let us keep following the rules on this.

Oh, but now that I think about it: you should likely shorten the voting periods on the bills to what they normally are. It doesn't seem like anybody else will vote, and even if they do, it's unlikely they'll be able to change the outcome. Also, it would let us keep following the rules on this.

I intended to... but since they WERE published since the beggining with a note on 7 days, it seemed counterproductive to contradict that, as it could let put people who saw it and decided to vote later during the week... I am concerned to leave people out :/

I intended to... but since they WERE published since the beggining with a note on 7 days, it seemed counterproductive to contradict that, as it could let put people who saw it and decided to vote later during the week... I am concerned to leave people out :/

Don't worry; first, it's unlikely that somebody who read the post wouldn't vote as soon as they saw it. Secondly, even if they did, they should still have some time to vote, unless they're planning to put it off until the last minute (Like me with my Spring Break homework :P). And finally, even if worst comes to worst and they somehow did both of them, it's unlikely that they form a large enough group to change the outcome of the polls. Looking at the voting threads, it seems like almost everybody who's active in the HGA has already voted.

Thanks. The acts both passed. As such, I'm technically the new Prime Minister of TWP with a 4 months term serving from April 1st, however, I do not feel this is the right path to a mature fair and stable government, since I was chosen to serve as Speaker, not as Prime Minister. Due to this, I will present my resignation TOMORROW, effective on April 20th, and will also open both the corresponding Nomination Period (3 days as per the General Election Guidelines Act), as well as handle the election itself (which should run for 5 days, From Wednesday to Sunday next week) with a result coming out on Monday 20th, and hence a new Prime Minister effective as of that exact day.

In the meantime, as Prime Minister, I will NOT elect any officers, as it seems unnecessary for a 9 days period, and also irresponsible. I will, however, try to assist Darkesia in the currently existing issue regarding the Lazarus events. I have decided, that while the In-Game Embassy remains closed, and due to the discussion on this thread: http://www.westpacific.org/forums/index.php?/topic/1307-motion-to-condemn-stujenske-and-recognizing-the-lazarene-underground-movementI am considering temporary closing the Lazarus in-forum embassy. I've not decided yet, and I'll like to hear from other assembly members in THAT thread.

Thanks.