TWP Military Soldier Rank Restoration Act

Members of the HGA, I come before you with a problem of great concern.

Our Field Commander and War Lord have demoted all soldiers from their existing and earned ranks. The West Pacific cannot become a region known for ignoring the hard work and service of our soldiers and veterans.  And thus I propose the TWP Military Soldier Rank Restoration Act.

TWP Military Soldier Rank Restoration Act

Article I.  No Military Officer of any rank in The West Pacific military may reduce a soldier in rank without cause and due process.

Article II. All soldier reductions in rank that have occurred since the passage of The West Pacific Armed Forces Bill on October 14, 2014 and were made without cause and due process are hereby void.

Article III.  All soldier ranks are restored to that which they have earned through their service to The West Pacific immediately.

Article IV.  The Field Commander and War Lord are hereby directed by the Holy Grand Assembly to respect the service of our soldiers.

I would rather things be left to the discretion of the relevant commanders. If the Assembly has to actively regulate their actions, that is somewhat concerning really.

I otherwise support the passage of this if we end up needing to force their hand.

I would rather things be left to the discretion of the relevant commanders. If the Assembly has to actively regulate their actions, that is somewhat concerning really.

I otherwise support the passage of this if we end up needing to force their hand.

This would normally be my position too, but as the ranks were apparently altered with very little consultation with the people who have previously been serving in TWPAF, that would seem to indicate that Assembly oversight is needed. There's very little point to TWPAF if it isn't making the people serving in it happy, because there will no longer be people serving in it.

I'd like to note that I'd happily do this. If somebody had an actual list of what ranks everyone had and what the ranks were.

Before I made this decision, there was literally no record-keeping system for proving what rank everybody had or even an officially promulgated system of ranks and insignia. As such, I had no ability whatsoever to determine between who was the lowest foot-soldier and who had the highest rank in the army below that of Warlord.

However, I've already noted that since it would be unfair to force everybody to be demoted, I will be returning anybody's rank should they get witnesses to write that they actually previously held it. If you think this is just an attempt to prevent people from getting angry at me without actually making real changes, think again: I've already told Medio that he has been reinstated to his previous rank, because Archsium vouched for him and pointed out the service he's done in the past.

In addition, even if, for some reason, you couldn't prove your past service, getting promoted should be very simple. A few operations should be all that it takes for me to realize that you actually do have experience and would be a valuable addition to the officer corps.

This isn't an attempt to strip people of rank, it's basically me asking, "Hey! Can you actually show that you previously held this position, rather than just claiming that you had it?" I'm trying to sort out who has what rank and prevent mistakes that may have occurred from becoming engrained in the army's hierarchy.

If this bill passes, it could have major negative repercussions. It is literally impossible for me to restore the ranks to the way they supposedly were before because there were no ranks, and passing this basically means I have to take everyone's word and let them pick their own rank. This is obviously ridiculous; if somebody were, the day after this passed, to claim that they were the highest-ranking official outside of Warlord in the army, then I'd have to agree with them and give them the position. This is obviously easy to abuse, and I want to prevent that.

I hope that this has clarified some mistakes about the reforms that I've made in TWPAF, and would like to ask that you all reconsider this. Otherwise, I would have no choice but to implement a possibly disastrous policy that could potentially result in very large problems.

Point of Order, the Field Command has no authority over the HGA, and your War Lord did indeed demote everyone.  Do I need to direct you to the HQ thread ? You posted in it yourself, yet you claim to be unaware ?

"The War Lord will maintain complete authority over the Battle Division and the Spymaster General will maintain complete authority over the Intelligence Division."

I take that to imply the War Lord has jurisdiction over the Battle Division and ts organisation or have I misread that?

I hate politics.

While it was a bit unfair to strip everyones rank, llama does have a point, and he was fair to medio, but it would have been more fairer to have everyone prove their ranks first, instead of just taking them.

On an other note, we should keep a record of all TWPAF operations and operatives, and we should check our members for activity, I don't doubt that a lot of our inexperienced members have gone inactive or CTE'd in game.