Henn City(OOC)

ProfessorHenn

This is for information about Henn City, the city built in space by a coalition of nation from across NationStates.

To start off, Henn City, hereby dubbed "HC", is essentially a much more massive and civilian friendly version of the International Space Station. It has no artificial gravity, mandatory space suits for all people onboard, regardless of who they are, and it even has it's own government. Officially, the government onboard reports to Sporaltryus, but it has been acting more and more independent. The government consists of a President, Vice President, Speaker(of the Assembly), Minister of Culture, and Minister of Justice, as well as any Deputies or smaller government workers assigned to the ones listed.

It has a thriving economy, elections occur every 6 months, all citizens must abide by a small and simple Charter that is updated with the times, and generally, the people are happy with the way HC operates. The least happy people are those that work in the Oxygen department, ensuring that needed air is supplied to the City.

NOTE: More will be added as more people give more ideas via posts here. Thanks!

Now, for how to RP.

Simply put, just reply to the IC thread however you would like, as long as it stays on-topic, you aren't playing as someone else's character, etc. Use common sense.

Here's a little form for your Citizen. When we start, elections will have just concluded, and Jasper Henn, the main lead behind the project, narrowly won in a tight race with his opponent, Chris Flores.

Name:

Occupation(Use some sense with this.):

Description(if you'd like. A pic works too.)

Biography(optional):

Any other details:

Ministers of Make-Believe have the final say on all matters relating to this. We hope we don't have to use our powers however, because we know you're just trying to have fun.

I'll post the IC thread when we have at least 3 people willing to go. This includes me and Terran Borealis, if he'll join.

Name: Scorpius Romanov

Occupation (Use some sense with this.): Flight Engineer: Maintains space craft.

Description (if you'd like. A pic works too.) Fairly average, Brown hair, brown eyes. Could slip by unnoticed if he chose to.

Biography(optional): Scorpius was born on Henn City to a family of Engineers, his parents were engineers, his grandparents were engineers, his uncle was a space dancer, but they don't talk about him. From birth Scorpius had looked to the constellations and dreamed of how he could get there to see the stars for himself.

Any other details: None as of yet, I think?

Name: Moira Cairn

Occupation(Use some sense with this.): Botanist

Description(if you'd like. A pic works too.) Physically fit, lean. Hard, grey eyes. Unruly, flaming red hair that is perpetually kept restrained and slicked due to the environment.  Pale skin that used to be tanned.  Freckles across nose and cheeks.

Biography(optional): Moira became a botanist to explore her home planet and to help feed & preserve her home.  She is in HC because the scientists slated to be here became ill just before the corporation sent them up.  She resents being in space doing the job of three people, even though she has a managing position of some importance.  She is biding her time until a suitable replacement can be found.  Only truly happy when her hands are in dirt and the sun is on her face, she can be surly and difficult to deal with here in HennCity.

Any other details:  ok?

Name: Fredrick Kvies

Occupation(Use some sense with this.): Design engineer

Description(if you'd like. A pic works too.): 5'11, 200 lbs, Hazel eyes, black hair. Slightly on the chubby side, but otherwise fit.

Biography(optional): Born in San Francisco, California, Earth. Was transferred to Henn City just after it was built by his company, an international design/management conglomerate, which specializes in space station design and management when. Loves to explore/learn new things in his free time and also trying to come up with various inventions that would help make people's lives easier.

Any other details:

Name: Robert Duffman

Description: Average height. light brown hair. Reasonable physical condition. Thin beard. Light green eyes. Caucasian.

Biography: Robert Duffman was born eight months after his only sibling Jack (who currently works in security at a government installation somewhere), and obtained a degree in engineering at 22. Duffman was accepted into the City at 27 and currently operates as a maintenance engineer on an as-needed basis.

Other details: Really likes applesauce. Does not like being called "Bob."

I've been gone, but here I am.

Name: Steven Cook

Description: 6' 1"

Biography: Born in Iqaluit, Baffin. Was the first non-related employee of Birch Bark Books.

Any other details: Chief Programmer for Birch Bark Books' Fireside Division, also a freelance Programmer.

That's the thing.  We don't have a "structure around here" because we have never done this before. 

I honestly have no idea what to write.  I keep waiting for something to grab my attention so I can run with it.

Also...  Did I misunderstand that there is no gravity in this place? And it's pretty cold and sterile for an environment?

To start off, Henn City, hereby dubbed "HC", is essentially a much more massive and civilian friendly version of the International Space Station. It has no artificial gravity, mandatory space suits for all people onboard, regardless of who they are,...

I'm not familiar with that environment, so it's not so easy for me to write about it.  Never worn a space suit.  Never peed in space (how do they do that? lol).  Never tried to control a bunch of luggage in zero g.  You see where I am going with this?

Maybe it's just me, but how can PBR lie on a bench, if he's floating?  Wouldn't he have to strap himself in?  Couldn't he just fall asleep and float around the room making perfectly round blobs of drool that the rest of us would have to avoid?  lol 

Dark, 

I literally interpreted Henn City to have artificial gravity and be a sprawling space station, as there was no mention of either. I took what I was given and ran with it. If the minister<s> of make believe deem changes are necessary, I will update my post accordingly, no biggie :)

It's heated, no gravity of any kind, except the sort that keeps one in orbit, and simple "push yourself on the handles that stick out everywhere".

For those that don't know or are afraid to post, just try! TWP looks like a forgiving place, and if you fail horribly, we'll try to get you back on track. But PBR can't post by himself with directions from me. It takes people to RP!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

You're welcome to continue it.

I'll make a post in the IC Thread.

I'll continue it!

Name: Thomas Taylor

Occupation(Use some sense with this.): Surgeon

Description(if you'd like. A pic works too.) 6'2", reasonably fit, caucasian, not the nicest person.

Biography(optional): Born in Sapak, Zogradia, having always dreamed of going into space, he arrived on Henn City 2 months ago.

Any other details: Only recently adapted to 0-G, frequently exercises, hasn't contacted anyone on the ground since he arrived on the station.

• 2 weeks later...

Name - Darielle Amija

Occupation - Cleaner (well someone has to do it!)

Age - 26

Description - petite, shaved head (but with red stubble), strong Scottish accent, friendly and easy going, but can get hot-headed.

Biography - Astro-physicist by training, but all those posts were filled. However they still had a vacancy for a cleaner, and as this meant I could get into space I took it. I understand "clean room" status and take pride in keeping Henn City clean. That includes berating anyone I see causing me additional work - but my accent can make me hard to understand. My lowly position means that people forget I am as qualified as them so speak and act freely around me. And I've got so fed up with people asking me to repeat myself I now mostly keep myself to myself.