Hello from Europeia!

Hey everyone!

I'm Marnip from Europeia, and I'm excited to get to know all of you! If you have any questions for me, be sure to ask!

Intro Question: If you could go back in time and see one historic event, which would that be and why?

*Note* I apologize to the admins for the multiple post. My internet froze, and it caused me to post several.

Welcome to The West Pacific! We have tea and coffee and snacks ranging from chocolate covered chocolate to tteok.

Hmm...I'd like to go back to biblical times to see Jesus and see for myself what actually was going on.

Hello, and welcome to TWP!  I'd probably do the same as Hariko - it's the event that has shaped humanity more than any other, and I am an atheist at heart.

Or you could tell the time machine a period of time in Genesis. If the machine says 404, time not found, then you know what's up.

Then just enjoy what you can sense in front of you, because somehow, whether or not you are real, you can perceive, you are aware. You can experience the world around you, and are conscious. Even if you aren't real, you can do more than anything that would happen in a real universe devoid of life. Your existence is more meaningful than any real universe because the fact that you are conscious and self-aware gives meaning to a world that has none otherwise. The meaning of life and of the universe dies with the life that can experience it. After that, there is essentially nothing in a universe that is heat dead. It simply is.

Stand up and stretch your legs. Turn the computer off or put the phone down. Go outside and look around. Experience life, because a universe with meaning has a finite time left. The universe just wants to be observed while it still can be. Experience it to give meaning to the world. Do it for yourself. We will all die much sooner than we'd like to admit, and simply won't be. Contribute something before you have to return to the void.

Perhaps life is a dream of sorts. Enjoy it before you have to wake up.

That was oddly uplifting, I like your take on it, as opposed to 'Life is meaningless, we're nothing, all is lost etc.' which I get from so many others.

Objectively, yes, life is meaningless. You have to give it meaning though, and that's at least my purpose in life. It's never a boring place here, whether exploring the world around you or the internal life going on in your head.