The Zoranian Times

The Zoranian Platypus on the Verge of Extinction

For centuries the Zoranian Platypus, who reside within the the great Relutan rain forest, has been a symbol of the Zoranian people. But with recent developments in industry and the deforestation of the rain forest, the very symbol of our people are now on the verge of extinction. The culture of Zoran could be completely changed forever if the platypus is allowed to go extinct. New rituals and prayers for the salvation of the platypus have recently been created by the spiritual group in the country. The platypus, the national animal, is held very dearly in the hearts of many Zoranians and the country's citizens are obligating the government, which seeks to limit its own power and responsibility, to take action and to make an effort in putting funding into a environmental department to help save the Zoranian Platypus and help its population make a comeback.

The Confederacy of Zoran Opposes Crab Coup of TWP

The Confederacy of Zoran has issued a response to the coup of the TWP by the Crab King. The Defense Council has voted to declare open rebellion to restore the original order of TWP.

"We may not be very militaristic but we will not stand by and watch crabs walk on our shores." Stated President Apenimon Ani'-Wah'.

A draft is to be put in place and crabs are banned from the country as decided by a vote in the Defense Council after much debate by each representative of the communes. They have also put out a call to arms to all members of the TWP who oppose the Crab regime in a hope to push for a restoration of the old order.

The Zoranian Times

2003103533_ZoranFlag.png.dfb5b456074fbac88bbfdbf57d7d88aa.png

The Anti-Crab Resistance has Declared war on Crabbist Regime!

Today the coalition of nations that oppose the Crabbist Regime of the TWP has just declared war in hopes of liberating Delegate of the West, Bran, and the Confederacy of Zoran is a member of this Resistance. The Defense Council voted on this issue in an emergency meeting after Crab King/Dilber converted a member of the Resistance to the Crab cause.

"This is a very severe situation, this is a threat to our national sovereignty. We seek to restore the Meritocracy that caused us to be a member of the TWP. I did not want to take action but the communes saw this as an emergency." Stated President Aoebunib Abu'-Wah'.

The Communes of Zoran have approved the Defense Council's decision and gave control of their Communal Troops to the Defense Council. These units are known as Resistance Forces 1-4 and have been dispatched to support the Resistance cause. Many people in the communes worry about how this war would affect their lives as the draft put in place earlier has become more severe. So far the Resistance forces are on route to the Community of the Crab King and are expected to arrive by April 1st as they fight the crab forces along the way. In other news a totally legit man who says they are not a Resistance Spy has been seen talking to crab sympathizers. 

The Zoranian Times

Crabs Ejected from TWP!

On April 3,1420, in the monthy Purge Olympics, the Guardians of the West ejected the crabbist Regime from the TWP and restored control in the region. While the Resistance had a ceasefire with the crabs to support the election of Giovanniland for General Secretary of the World Assembly, they all cheered as they saw the crabs thrown out of the region by via trebuchets and being crushed by the legendary ban hammers of the Guardians. President Ani'-Wah' had this to say on the matter,

"Zoran is proud to have been part of the Resistance against the Crabbist Regime and we are glad to see the old order of the Meritocracy restored. While this whole Civil War in the Region was brutal I am glad to see peace in our time now. Hopefully unity can be brought to all nations of the region once more."

Resistance Forces 1-4 were broken up and returned to their respectful communes and were welcomed back with celebration and praise by the people of the communes for the troops service for fighting to preserve their autonomy and freedom.

The Defense Council has allowed crabs to be eaten once more but the people have said that they are now suspicious of any crab they see on the shore or in the markets. But the people of Zoran are happy that life has returned to normalcy.

Zoranian Platypus has made a comeback!

Today on April 3, 1420, scientists have reported that the population of the Zoranian Platypus has rebounded and has returned to high levels. People all over Zoran cheered and celebrated at this news as they were all worried about the population of the Platypus as industrial expansion had caused the population to decrease to the point where they were on the brink of extinction. Thanks to the combined efforts of public pressure on the federal government and local efforts by citizens of the country, the environmental conditions of Zoran has greatly improved and the natural habitat of the Zoranian Platypus has been restored. This has allowed for the population to rebound and return to stable and normal levels. Now efforts to sustain the population are being done and local communes have imposed laws to protect the platypus and since so many communes have done this, the Defense Council has made the rare decision to make a federal law to protect the platypus.

The Zoranian Times

Capital Punishment Has Ended!

Today on April 5, 1420, capital punishment, a subject that has been debated for years in Zoran, has officially been banned in the country after President Ani'-Wah' argued for it to be abolished in his own commune on Platypus Island. When put to a vote in the Platypus Island Commune, the people voted to have it abolished and prisons began the transfer of death row prisoners to maximum security. The people of Platypus Island were pleased by this and death row inmates thanked the gods for their life being spared. This caused other communes across Zoran to abolish the death penalty themselves to the point where all communes have abolished it. Thus, in accordance to Article 17 of the Articles of Unity, it has become federal law that the death penalty is abolished and that no person in Zoran can be put to death for their crimes. This is a monumental event in Zoranian history and when we asked President Ani'-Wah' what caused him to push for this change he answered,

"Well when I was looking at the expenses of the prisons across Zoran, I saw that a lot of their budget was being spent on those on death row due to the constant appeals the court system has to review. I found this troubling but what made me want to go forward with this was because of my niece, Ahyoka Ani'-Wah', who spoke to me after attending a protest on Zoranian policy and convinced me to try and do something about this. While I am president of the Confederacy, I really have no true power as written by the Articles and the Defense Council won't meet more than once per year unless there is a threat to the nation, so I decided to go to my local Commune meeting and put the idea forth."

People across Zoran admire President Ani'-Wah' for his actions and has inspired others to propose changes themselves in their local commune meetings as well.

• 3 weeks later...

The Zoranian Times

965397380_ZoranFlag2.png.fbc9997cd8f64b692165592c4f950f74.png

New Flag Created!

Last week, the thirty provincial communes all decided to change the Zoranian flag a bit. The design is still the same but there was some slight color changes and a new Coat of Arms was put onto the flag. This coat of arms has a golden A on it that represents the anarchist society and the broken chains in the A represent the freedom of our people. The red compass road on the left part of the coat of arms represents the naval tradition of the Zoranian people. The Red Spherical Grid on the black background is the flag of the Grand Defense Council and represents being unified under the Defense Council. The assembly on the right part of the coat of arms represents the communes and how all people can participate in their local communes, as long as they are of age of course. Finally, the sun represents hope for the future and the belief in the Great Spirit. The new flag was accepted by Zoranians in all communes and has become the official flag for Zoran.

Zoran to Participate in Second Burning Marsupial Festival

The Zoranian government has officially announced that it would participate in the second annual Burning Marsupial Festival and that it would make an effort to share Zoranian culture with other nations of the West and East Pacific regions along with nations from other regions. This is the first time Zoran has participated in the festival and current Minister of Foreign Affairs, Wohali Anisaho, has said,

"The Festival has been a marvel so far. I genuinely feel like I am part of the community. I was also pleased to find that many aspects of our culture and tradition are supported there. I have also truly been enjoying myself here while also building relations with other nations."

This engagement will surely promote better relations with other states and many people within Zoran approve of this move as a step towards becoming more active in the international community.

Potential Passports?

There has been rumors that the Transportation Council are debating on creating a official Zoranian passport for international travel. Many believe that this is a necessity if the Confederacy of Zoran is to truly interact with other people in the West Pacific. However, there has been some opposition to this as many believe that there was never a need to develop a passport in the past and that just because we are now more known to the world doesn't mean we should have to change how things have been. This opinion is not very popular when compared to the opinion of other Zoranians and it appears that a majority of the population approve of the creation of a passport so they can easily engage in international travel. Many Zoranians have been turned down back due to the fact that they did not have a passport to allow them to enter another country. In fact, some diplomats have been turned away even thought they have had diplomatic business to attend to due the sheer fact that they did not have a diplomatic passport. Whether these rumors of the discussion within the Transportation Council is true or not is not yet revealed but people hope that they will get an answer soon.