Forum Layout

Westwind

IMO, the forums will need some work in order to better accomodate an organized structure.  Here is the current layout:

General
- General Discussion
- Office of the Delegate (protected)
- The West Pacific Armed Forces
- Embassy Row
-- TWP Foreign Affairs
- The ClubHouse
- World Assembly Affairs
- WA Issues

Maintenance & Support
- Information Releases
- Technical Support

I'd like your input on what you think would work well for our needs.  In general, I think it should be limited to 4 or 5 catagories, and then keep it to no more than 5 root forums per category.

Here's a proposal to give a starting point.

Welcome to The West Pacific
- Information and Introduction Center
- General Discussion

The West Pacific Cultural Center
- Department of the Interior
- The ClubHouse
- Events
- Role Play

World Assembly
- Office of the Delegate (protected)
- World Assembly Affairs
- World Assembly Resolutions and Proposals

Government
- Regional Assembly and Disassembly (legislature)
- The West Pacific Armed Forces *The SOBs*
- TWP Foreign Affairs

--  Embassy Row
- The Holy Ordo and Church of TWP (Judicial)

Maintenance & Support
- Information Releases
- Technical Support

Edited by Westwind

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, inverting the FA/Embassy configuration is fine with me.

And we're officially The West Pacific Armed Forces, but I'm open to changing that.  Perhaps the SOB's and The Company are separate platoons of the Army...

Perhaps put Forum Games into The Clubhouse.

I think that this idea has a fair amount of merit. By having less OOC forums, you put more focus on your government forums, but at the same time you don't waste any space. OOC forums are worth having, of course, but in this case the forums have similar purposes and combining them would also make them look larger than two moderately sized forums.

I've edited the first post to switch the FA/Embass Row and removed the separate Forum Games forum.

Question:  Is the order of the Catagories alright ?  Perhaps Government should be above World Assembly ? Also....the naming of the catagories are open to alternatives if there are any preferences.  (ie, instead of The West Pacific Cultural Center, perhaps "The Tweedy Center for the Arts in TWP" :P )

Yes, government is about forum and in game whilst a department of interior could only really work on the forums.

That's not nesscessily true. Lazarus' internal department handles all regional council affairs as well as citizenship and council rosters. It can be a very extensive department at times. But I like it.

That's true, Interior is usually part of the government and often includes duties such as mentoring and recruiting.  First time I served as an Interior Mininster in '04, I was also responsible for sending tg's to all inregion nations every few days to keep them up on happenings (and attempt to lure more of them to the forum).  Sure wish we had mass tg's back then :P