Just another general concern...

So I saw this today: http://www.westpacific.org/forums/index.php?/topic/64-the-north-pacific/?p=37477

Hello! This is Malviet, Deputy Advocate for Foreign Affairs of the West Pacific Union.

You will be happy indeed to know that Llamanation has been accepted as the Ambassador from the North Pacific. After a long period of radio silence between our two regions, We at the West hope this will be what we need to restore our long lasting relationship.

Thank you,

Mal.

P.S. Please note that our Delegate-to-be, Elegarth, is head of the on-site NS government and does not have a say in offsite Foreign Affairs. I do. 

P.P.S. The key to your embassy is under the doormat and the chocolate is inside the cupboard. Please enjoy!

(bold mine)

So is this how we are doing things now?  A fellow feeder sends an Ambassador to the attention of the Delegate and we announce to them that the Delegate has no authority in Foreign Affairs?  As far as I am aware, the Voice is just one possible offsite government here and not necessarily the only default government.  The Ambassador from TNP did not specify that he was here for the offsite government but was clear that he was directed to the Delegate.

I just want clarification (preferably from the Delegate-elect) about this and to know if this is indeed how TWP is going to operate moving forward.  

The Delegate is indeed seperate from Foreign Affairs. It was like that ever since Recu was in charge.

If the TNP Ambassador was directed to the Delegate, then he put his thread on the wrong forum.

And anyway, in order to stop the 'Delegate Vs Voice' nonsense, I'll take the liberty to publicize an excerpt from a telegram I sent to the two delegates(Medio and Ele):

.. a notable individual is asserting that some of the Voice's authority comes from the Delegate's approval, which is absent...

This was Medio's response.

You can include my full support for the Voice if you wish since when my 'time' comes I definitely will take a keen, but not controlling, interest in that august body.

And this was Ele's.

Who and where? He is mistaken anyway. The delegates do not need to recognize the off site for it to be a valid off-site.

You are mistaken.  Control of this forum does not belong exclusively to the Voice.  The Embassy Row has been around for a very long time and has nothing to do with this 'government' directly.

If I chose to start a separate government within this forum and assign my own Foreign Affairs minister to reject the Ambassador from TNP then what?

As I have stated elsewhere, this nonsense of the offsite government taking control of traditional Delegate authority does nothing but set up a future coup or rogue Delegate.  Ignoring the authority of the Delegate is foolhardy and telling the other feeders that the Delegate is simply a figurehead in regards to Foreign Policy is a mistake.

Malviet. Elegarth has a say in the off-site and on-site.

Other Advocates may feel differently, but our foreign policy will be in tandem with the delegate. Your note is going to be extremely confusing, I'm afraid.

Foreign policy cannot be run without the delegate. Can it be run without the Advocate or DA of FA, you bet it can. As such we need to work with and not work outside the delegate, imo.

Malviet. Elegarth has a say in the off-site and on-site.

Other Advocates may feel differently, but our foreign policy will be in tandem with the delegate. Your note is going to be extremely confusing, I'm afraid.

Foreign policy cannot be run without the delegate. Can it be run without the Advocate or DA of FA, you bet it can. As such we need to work with and not work outside the delegate, imo.

This^. 

On site diplomacy as I have said elsewhere is in the realm of the Delegate. The Foreign Affairs ministry has generally been one of administration, setting up embassies in forum, organising Ambassadors making sure they are active and posting updates when available in our embassies in other regions.

As far as I remember the Delegate leads in Foreign Affairs.

The answer to the question of your job is that the 3 of us should meet on a regular basis to put forth a unified foreign agenda. Typically, i wouldn't even post what i'm posting now for public consumption, but I can't stress enough the importance of being on the same page.

We all look silly when we're not and actively involving our delegate is key.