Suggestion Box of the Voice

Fujai

This thread can be used to discuss the changes we need to make to the Voice.  Here is my list of things the Voice should incorporate now that we have returned normality.  This is supposed to get discussion going, and is by no means final.  Bear with me.

I would like to put this excerpt from the Delegate’s proposal somewhere in the Charter because it clears any possible confusion over how the lawmaking starts.

• ​"LAWMAKING: Each and all members of the voice can make law proposals that will govern and limit the actions of the off-site community (no law shall pertain the in-game aspect); this laws can be discussed freely by all members of the voice and the delegacy, as moderated by the Advocate and its deputies.​"

The Voice needs to actually create laws about its procedure, otherwise nothing will get off the ground.

I’ve had this idea for a while and never really put it out there, but this could be a good tool for increasing activity.

• New Nation Affairs Ministry: It would be the task of this ministry to provide a centralized location for all help links, extra help material beyond what already exists, and answers other questions that may be asked. This ministry would not be just for the newbs, of course.  Anyone could come here to ask a question about the game or the forums, so a different name may be appropriate in that sense.  It could utilize in-game mechanics such as the RMB and telegrams to get the word out. If it was included in the WFE and welcome telegram, then it could increase traffic to and draw in more new nations to take part in the forums.

This line of the Charter needs to be changed.  Currently it doesn’t specify how the Voice can remove appointed officials other than the Advocate.

• (11) The Voice may, by two-thirds majority vote, dismiss any official appointed by the Advocate from office.

To simplify the application process instead of using threads and such to say what positions are up for grabs.  Also changing the way DAs are chosen.

• Applications would to an "Application Officer of the Voice" who would handle the application procedure with the Voice, then they went to the Voice itself to see which one's passed there, and finally to the Advocate for the final choice.  Or perhaps to the Advocate first and then to the Voice in more of an appointment and confirmation style setup.
  • The Application Officer would simply receive the applications by a set deadline, then report them to the Voice or whoever for a vote.  This simply makes it more formal and a little simpler for the layman to understand.

To combat a potential inactive Advocate:

• A council with rotating (active) members along with the DAs and Advocate would run the day to day tasks of the Voice, while the whole Voice would be used for legislative purposes.
  • Also, in the case of an inactive member in a leadership position, there could be an "Inactive Vote" where 2/3 of the Voice votes to replace said official with an interim replacement, and then another vote ending the replacementship (there's a better word for that, I just can't think of it).

Overall, in order to promote ease of access to the Voice, there should be as few grey areas as possible as well as explanations of how things work so there is as little confusion as possible.

I’ve had this idea for a while and never really put it out there, but this could be a good tool for increasing activity.

• New Nation Affairs Ministry: It would be the task of this ministry to provide a centralized location for all help links, extra help material beyond what already exists, and answers other questions that may be asked. This ministry would not be just for the newbs, of course.  Anyone could come here to ask a question about the game or the forums, so a different name may be appropriate in that sense.  It could utilize in-game mechanics such as the RMB and telegrams to get the word out. If it was included in the WFE and welcome telegram, then it could increase traffic to and draw in more new nations to take part in the forums.

I wholeheartedly support this proposal, because it makes perfect sense and is aligned with my own approach for the retention-participation-recruitment triplette. As far as the name is concerned, it could also be 'Game Help Ministry' imho.

All in all, kudos Fujai! :)

If I am not mistaken, I do believe that this falls under the purview of Internal Affairs. I am not sure if it is an official government position and they already have the sub-forum here on the TWP forum.

Maybe someone with more experience than myself can shed some light on this.

If I am not mistaken, I do believe that this falls under the purview of Internal Affairs. I am not sure if it is an official government position and they already have the sub-forum here on the TWP forum.

Maybe someone with more experience than myself can shed some light on this.

My personal view is that my assigning these tasks to a specific DA we help successful integration of new nations, so that they won't leave as soon as they start getting flooded with recruiTG's, and their transition to a higher level of participation in the RMB and off-site.

My personal view is that my assigning these tasks to a specific DA we help successful integration of new nations, so that they won't leave as soon as they start getting flooded with recruiTG's, and their transition to a higher level of participation in the RMB and off-site.

I see your point, but missing mine  :)

What I am saying is why create a duplicate office when there is one for this purpose already? We just need a DA for internal Affairs.

I see your point, but missing mine  :)

What I am saying is why create a duplicate office when there is one for this purpose already? We just need a DA for internal Affairs.

And this is why I was missing your point: I'd been under the impression that they wouldn't be exact duplicates because Internal Affairs (again, in my view) is intended to deal with relationships among members, and lawmaking. However, after having seen what Ele wrote a while ago, I now know that I've been mistaken and you're right. Still, my proposal is to separate the task of helping newer members from the task of running the internal workings of the whole region and the like.

I see your point, but missing mine :)

As stated by Drach, it was and is my belief that internal affairs should deal with the forums only. A new DA would be able to better focus on recruitment because that would be his only job. And a dedicated place for anyone to ask questions would help ensure that those questions are asked and answered.

Well, I'm glad to see some new members doing something! That's different from before, where you mostly agreed to or disagreed to things that other people proposed but didn't really propose anything yourself. Good to see, very good to see. 

Um... okay. I'll take that as a compliment, but take care; some could think that you meant that the new members weren't doing s--t until now.

Not at all. They were doing plenty.

But making their own proposals was one thing they were not really doing, and I'm glad they are, now.

And this is why I was missing your point: I'd been under the impression that they wouldn't be exact duplicates because Internal Affairs (again, in my view) is intended to deal with relationships among members, and lawmaking. However, after having seen what Ele wrote a while ago, I now know that I've been mistaken and you're right. Still, my proposal is to separate the task of helping newer members from the task of running the internal workings of the whole region and the like.

Point taken :)