An Elegate Platform for Advocate of the Union

Well, old jokes run high sometimes. I must be honest and admit that while this is a new iteration of our government, some of my main goals from the last time I made a platform have not changed, and hence many of the comments you will see below will be similar / identical / recycled. This is not out of boredom / laziness / anything negative, but out of the fact that my view of how to ensure our community (my key word for this all) may grow.

Officers Management

Similarly to how the previous iteration had the PM select a group of people to assist him, the new charter / constitution establishes the advocate power to appoint officials, and as such, it allows for the Advocate to show his capacity to select and manage capable individuals to perform the different tasks assigned to the officers that form it. I am a believer that an active individual with a strong desire to cooperate and to learn is a better choice than an inactive old face who may know a lot about it but is no longer committed to the level of activity we require. As such, I do not intend to select Officers from among the old and known, unless they are also ACTIVE and WILLING. I'd rather have someone that learns the job along but is actively seeking to improve than a dead-weight. I'm also not afraid of removing people who have stopped doing their jobs.

Likewise, I'm also a very hands on manager, this is, I do not sit and wait for stuff to be done, and I'm ready to actually perform the duties that are required to be performed, should anyone fall back on them or need help. I consider myself more of a side-by-side manager than a ruler from above. I like people who works with me to feel free to present their ideas and be ready to defend them, nurture them, realize them and make them happen.

Regarding officials I'd like to have, I'll certainly like to appoint someone to handle WA matters, and open WA / SC voting in here so that we can keep open communication with the delegate as to which options our community prefers. This, of course, does not forces the delegate to issue his/her vote as we desire, but I'm sure we can usually reach some sort of agreement. I'll also like to have an official in charge on Recruitment and Internal matters, who will be tasked with promoting people to join the off-site community and be actively participant of both our in-game wing under the Delegate's rule, and our off-site forums here. This person must also be ready to help run and maintain activities in the forums, with my help of course, capable of allowing new members to feel and become involved. We will also appoint someone in charge of foreign affairs, whose tasks would be obvious on allowing TWP off-site community to become closer with new international friends; finally, we will OBVIOUSLY need someone to handle the military.

I'm however not limiting myself to these. Should a new need arise in the future that requires dedicated attention, I'll be ready to create new officials as required to ensure everything is covered and taken care off. We need warm bodies and active people for this. I hope we can together endeavor to achieve this!

Delegate and Guardians

The Delegate and Guardians, bot the current ones and any future ones, are the representatives of the in-game TWP, and as such, should be a part of the off-site community that we form. As such, it is my intention to both collaborate with their needs, when they have them, or ask for their assistance, when we - the forum community - require it. Be it to sponsor stuff on the in-game RMB or via TG, reach out to TWPians through a mass region TG, or in any other way relate our needs and capacities together.

It is my ideal to represent the wishes and needs of the community, not to impose them or force them.

Internal Affairs Ideas

We have a very relaxed and easy-going culture in TWP, but this does not means we are not able to allow, through our community, that new players learn the basics of the game and the many aspects their gaming can take: from GP to RP, I think we should be able to improve our community to be able to accommodate the needs of everyone internally. I also think our presence on the RMB is strong, and we can coordinate with the delegate's office to perform joined events, or even to promote them. Why not think of the Karaoke Friday's as both an RMB and Forum activity? This is just an idea, but an example of the things I'm sure we can achieve.

We have also seen some RP being done, and I'd like to open more possibilities for that as well, to ensure we have something for everyone.

Military Affairs

I hope we are able to build a strong militant TWP militia that will be both independent from the petty schemes of existing ideologies, and also significant enough to be able to make a difference, both defending those that require our help and request it, be it through treaties or whatever, or attacking those who either try to harm us or our allies. We should also be able to keep regular practice, to both improve our jumping capacities and form new experienced soldiers.

Activity

My main goal, however, is to ensure that we create an environment where people FEELs at home, where people feels they can come on a daily basis and both have a good time and feel comfortable. This two aspects, I believe, are what makes people remain active in the first place. And to do that, we must be able, as a whole, to provide people with the experiences and aspects they find entertaining. From those who enjoy spamming the forums (in the respective areas designed for that, of course), to those who want to find a place to do some role playing (where, I must admit, I am not as strong). From those willing to entertain their diplomacy skills through foreign affairs, to those who want to form part of an ACTIVE militia and learn game mechanics. We must be both flexible and welcoming!

-----------

I'm sure I'm missing details here, and it is only logical for you, members of the community, to point it out. You are after all the voice that I will represent and whose will I'll try to comply with! Feel free to ask, comment, criticize, give me your mustard and coffee, donate chocolate or hail whatever /whenever / wherever you want!!!

Military Affairs

I hope we are able to build a strong militant TWP militia that will be both independent from the petty schemes of existing ideologies, and also significant enough to be able to make a difference, both defending those that require our help and request it, be it through treaties or whatever, or attacking those who either try to harm us or our allies. We should also be able to keep regular practice, to both improve our jumping capacities and form new experienced soldiers.

Noble sentiments but..............

Rather vague 

What are to be the Militaries objectives?

All I see is the same old tired cliches independent, defending and attacking.

The only way TWP will make a difference in this arena is if we maintain a force that holds TWPs interests at heart, that projects TWP power. If another regions interests converge with ours then they are welcome to become allies, but if they conflict or oppose our objectives, then they either stand aside or else find themselves in conflict with us.

Having a military should not be just a badge, "oh look we've got one of those aren't we a civilized well formed region" it should be a shield to project our principles and ideals, and a tool to achieve our goals.

TWPAF should be the REGIONS army, not a plaything for GCR career politicians, or a bargaining tool in interregional power politics between defender/raider/imperialist or whatever pretentious label some Gameplay Guru decides is this month flavour.

Respect is earned, not given in this field - most GCR militaries are a joke, and if we are serious about having a meaningful force here in TWP then we have to be prepared to dislodge a few noses in the established order, and draconian measures are needed to bring about a change in the way it conducts itself.

If we fail to recognise that fundamental fact, then any attempt to build a West Pacific Military is heading for a disaster of biblical proportions. Fire and brimstone falling from the sky, earthquakes, tornadoes, tsunamis, dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria!

If you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem.

You just said what I said but with a lot more of words, which is funny for someone who claims militaries should not be used for politics.

You may notice I didn't used the capitalized words Defending, Independent or Raider. I hate those. I was born into NS in the times where the only tags we had were USERITE and FEEDERITE and while that time is gone, I was never a fan of the Raider / Defender / Independent cliche. Hence why I used the English words "attacking", "defending" and "independent"

Unfortunately, I don't know other words to mean what they mean in English without the constant politickering cliches of the newer NS philosophies. Please feel free to suggest some new words for those!

Elegarth, I think you parried Frat's post rather than answered it in any detail.  It would be of interest to me if you would 'flesh out' your policy on what you would expect and/or require, from our military, on behalf of TWP.

I was not actually replying as there was no actual question in his comments, more of an opinion based on a misunderstanding of the worst I used.

What I want, in short, is an efficient, competent, note-worthy military arm that can be used for 3 purposes: ensure our safety, should we find ourselves under threat; advance our foreign affairs relations (also knows as help our allies in case of need); be an attractive job b for new players interested in that aspect of the game.

Be aware, tho, that I am neither defender nor raider, and have never been. I don't believe either on unprovoked violence between regions or parties, but I'm not pacifist either; I believe in diplomatic solutions being by far better than military solutions, but I don't shy away from them either.

Our military should be both a tool and an asset for our region.

I was not actually replying as there was no actual question in his comments, more of an opinion based on a misunderstanding of the worst I used.

What I want, in short, is an efficient, competent, note-worthy military arm that can be used for 3 purposes: ensure our safety, should we find ourselves under threat; advance our foreign affairs relations (also knows as help our allies in case of need); be an attractive job b for new players interested in that aspect of the game.

Be aware, tho, that I am neither defender nor raider, and have never been. I don't believe either on unprovoked violence between regions or parties, but I'm not pacifist either; I believe in diplomatic solutions being by far better than military solutions, but I don't shy away from them either.

Our military should be both a tool and an asset for our region.

Amen.

I agree 100%.

Just out of interest, Elegarth, would you please provide details of executive, both admin and military, positions you have held within regions you have been involved in please? You may have listed these elsewhere previously, but am unable to find such information.

I was mitary advisir for NPO, during Moo's emperor. Later on after the triggers changed due to changes in the log dumps I had a puppet do non-WA jumpings with different raider and defender parties to refresh. However, my main focus has not been military operations. Mostly political, administrative and diplomatic positions are.

However, my main focus has not been military operations. Mostly political, administrative and diplomatic positions are.

So, to answer my question about details of such "political, administrative and diplomatic positions"?

Ah lol, I misread, I thought you mean only those related to military! My bad! So:

NPO:

Chairman of the Pacific Assembly - a senate nominated position to serve as chair to the democratic part of TP; it stopped existing a few years ago; it used to focus on the community.

Senator of cultural affairs - activities and WA regional puppet handling

Senator of Internal Affairs - tasked with recruitment and administrative stuff

Senator of Foreign Affairs - redesigned and launched all the NPO FA after the gaspo thing...

Regent of TP - position akin to vice-delegate wadministration duties for the forum.

I also lead NPO media for a few months, served as main counselor to the emperor the times I retired and coordinated with Aleisyr - who ultimately was better than me - TPs RP revival.

Also deputy speaker of the assembly on TNP and speaker here.

Long time ago - 2004ish to 2006ish - I was Officer for Recruitment of a UCR long dead made out of people entirely from my country. I was then Vice-Delegate and then Delegate

Ah lol, I misread, I thought you mean only those related to military! My bad! So:

NPO:

Chairman of the Pacific Assembly - a senate nominated position to serve as chair to the democratic part of TP; it stopped existing a few years ago; it used to focus on the community.

Senator of cultural affairs - activities and WA regional puppet handling

Senator of Internal Affairs - tasked with recruitment and administrative stuff

Senator of Foreign Affairs - redesigned and launched all the NPO FA after the gaspo thing...

Regent of TP - position akin to vice-delegate wadministration duties for the forum.

I also lead NPO media for a few months, served as main counselor to the emperor the times I retired and coordinated with Aleisyr - who ultimately was better than me - TPs RP revival.

Also deputy speaker of the assembly on TNP and speaker here.

Long time ago - 2004ish to 2006ish - I was Officer for Recruitment of a UCR long dead made out of people entirely from my country. I was then Vice-Delegate and then Delegate

Well qualified.