Continued from Charter of the Union of The West Pacific Voting Thread

Reçueçn

Hassan Koury slipped into the voting chamber holding a sheaf of papers. Pulling out a paper he took a deep breath, then, blinking suddenly, put it back and rifled through the sheaf for a few seconds looking sheepish.

Finding the paper he sought, Hassan said, "The Sultanate of El Sock, ah, ratifies the Charter of the Union of the West Pacific."

Having said his piece, he slipped the paper onto the Presiding Officer's desk and briskly ascended to an unoccupied desk. After looking over that first paper carefully for a few seconds, he briskly strode over to the Reçueçn representatives.

"Sirs? I would like to apply for asylum in Reçueçn."

Émile Rougemont had flown in to Administration Island with the vote results. The charter had been accepted unanimously. He was just dozing off in his seat marked "Intern/Aide" when he woke up to hear Hassan mentioning Reçueçn. Émile woke to the mention of Reçueçn, now, just as he did at the mention of his own name. Apparently Hassan wanted asylum... Émile had never heard of him, but knew that the Reçuecian policy on asylum was pretty wide open, except in the case of outright terrorists. He dug in the desk and pulled out a sheet of paper. He signed it, not with his own name, but "Reçuecian Representative."

"Here, Mr. Koury. Granted." He shoved the paper into Hassan's hand. "You already have asylum here on Administration Island, you realize. I suppose you can't live off the whiskey in the embassy cupboards forever. You can catch the flight back home with me."

Émile Rougemont had flown in to Administration Island with the vote results. The charter had been accepted unanimously. He was just dozing off in his seat marked "Intern/Aide" when he woke up to hear Hassan mentioning Reçueçn. Émile woke to the mention of Reçueçn, now, just as he did at the mention of his own name. Apparently Hassan wanted asylum... Émile had never heard of him, but knew that the Reçuecian policy on asylum was pretty wide open, except in the case of outright terrorists. He dug in the desk and pulled out a sheet of paper. He signed it, not with his own name, but "Reçuecian Representative."

"Here, Mr. Koury. Granted." He shoved the paper into Hassan's hand. "You already have asylum here on Administration Island, you realize. I suppose you can't live off the whiskey in the embassy cupboards forever. You can catch the flight back home with me."

Teukero Seutipan was quietly checking his phone under the table as the Presiding Officer read off the votes, including the one given by the

nervous El Sock representative. Seutipan looked up for a second to look at him, and saw him clutching a stack of papers to his chest before looking back down at his phone.

“Sirs? I would like to apply for asylum in Reçueçn,” the nervous man said. Seutipan looked up and to his right, where M. Rougemont was

going through papers,looking for one to give to Koury. After locating such a paper, Rougemont said, “Here, Mr. Koury. Granted. You already have asylum here on Administration Island, you realize. I suppose you can't live off the whiskey in the embassy cupboards forever. You can catch the flight back home with me.”

Seutipan turned to the Harikene representative to his left, Sobehido. “Sorgyureo seongnapwaü sadgo, ressosuënmiji,” Sobehido

said dryly. Seutipan nodded. I'm not the only one who thinks this is a bad idea, he thought. 

—:ㅁ:

As the conference room emptied out afterwards, he ran out to catch up to the Reçu, Rougemont, but the Reçuecians were too far down the

hall. 

“Monsieur Rougemont! Monsieur! Please, do wait! I would like to talk to you!” he shouted.

“Quiet, this is a formal occasion,” Sobehido chided.

“I know, but this is important, Jjeremi. Monsieur Rougemont!”

The Reçu turned around, confused. “Yes, Mr. Teukero?” Seutipan ran to Rougemont, “My apologies, M. Rougemont, but I wanted to talk to

you about the asylum seeker from El Sock; M. Rougemont, I could not help but overhear that you were going to fly back to Reçueçn with Mr. Koury.”

“Yes?”

“Well, you are most likely aware that El Sock is not a...er...amiable country, yes?”

“Go on...”

“Seeing that the Els Socks will not take kindly to Reçueçn adopting one of their citizens, I thought that it would be sage for Mr. Koury to fly

with us to Harikosa, and for us to drop him off at the Reçuecian embassy there. I fear for your safety on your way back to Reçueçn, and think that having him on a separate flight would be prudent. That and having Koury on a Harikene plane would make you less of a target for their...response...to Koury seeking asylum. You agree, yes?”

Kang Chul-Gi sat, looking into his sunglasses and reading a string of correspondance from the mini-screens. He was replying with sign language using a wired pair of gloves under the table. Silently, he messaged Sage about the results, then switched to give instruction to the intern next to him, Hanuel Seong Choi, then again to the helicopter pilot waiting outside. Finally, he stood up, wincing as he heard his pistol clink slightly under his clothes.

He motioned to the intern to head to the chopper, and quietly stood watching the- conflict? -at the other end of the hall.

"I'm sorry,but to be honest, Mr. Teukero," Émile replied, "I know little to nothing about the situation in El Sock. I do know that since I've already granted Mr. Koury asylum, by our policies he has the right to be in whichever part of the country he wishes. I appreciate your offer, but you'll have to ask Mr. Koury what he wants--it is not up to me."

IC: Andrew Schrödinger was also boarding the plane. He was one of the wealthiest people who were getting on the plane, which he gotten though... questionable means as the President of both USNA and N00bish Nation, and after the disgrace of both of their banjections, he had been demoted to the position of Foreign Ambassador, which was still a pretty good position, as the government did keep the lives of most of their workers secret to the public.

"May I see your passport, ID, and ticket?" asked the ticket-checking woman.

"Of course," I said, giving her the listed items. "Standard procedure ever since what happened in the Middle East."

"Ok then!" she said. "Your items are real, but we need to ask you one final question. Buisness or pleasure?"

I had just been at the same meeting the others had been at, and I had an esquisite limo drive me back to the airport to board the plane back home.

"It's a return ticket! You don't ask that question for those!" I exclaimed.

"Whoops, I overlooked that. The plane will be departing in 20 minutes, and I hope you have a safe plane ride!"

I walked into the plane and took a seat.

“Monsieur Rougemont, I hope I have not offended you with this offer.”

“Seutipan! Idobssugi!” Sobehido said.

Jje, jje! I'm sorry, monsieurs, I must go now. If you would like to accept the offer, we'll be at our airplane as we prepare to leave.”

The Harikenes walked away briskly, as the pilot of the plane was quite impatient. Seutipan wondered if the Reçuecians really knew of the gravity of situation...

Sobehido turned around and recognised the man behind them immediately.

“Annyeong, Chul Gi-ssi! How are you?”

"I am most excellent. I hope I find you in the same state.

What exactly just happened, if I may ask?"

"I am most excellent. I hope I find you in the same state.

What exactly just happened, if I may ask?"

“Teukero was asking if the El Sock representative would feel safer travelling with us. We all know what their...tendencies are, and we're

hoping to take some of the heat off of the Reçuecians.”

“I don't think they will take up our offer, Sobehido.”

“Me neither.”

Gi frowned in concentration and his hands flew through a variety of signs as he said "Well, we could have trouble here. I think we should keep an eye on the government's response."

Gi frowned in concentration and his hands flew through a variety of signs as he said "Well, we could have trouble here. I think we should keep an eye on the government's response."

Sobehido remarked, “Yes, that is a good idea. Um, Gi-ssi, what are you doing with your hand?”

Sobehido remarked, “Yes, that is a good idea. Um, Gi-ssi, what are you doing with your hand?”

"You see my glove, yes? It records my motions and translates the signs to letters. I see them in my sunglasses and send them to people using the computers in the glasses.

Like SMS, but with sign language and sunglasses for a screen."

"You see my glove, yes? It records my motions and translates the signs to letters. I see them in my sunglasses and send them to people using the computers in the glasses.

Like SMS, but with sign language and sunglasses for a screen."

“Oh...uh...useful...I suppose, yes?”

“Oh...uh...useful...I suppose, yes?”

"Yes. I have let my pilot know I will be late, relayed the meeting to his Eminence, and chatted covertly with my intern. The sunglasses snap pics and video too. It's part of the standard when you go to things like this."

“Oh. In Hariko, we hide our smartphones underneath the conference table, haha,” said Sobehido, “but you're probably looking for something more subtle.”

“Yeah, Sobehido's glasses are actually Google Glasses, so he was reading online comics the whole time!” chuckled Seutipan.

Sobehido glanced at Teukero before turning back to Gi.

“...He's new.”

“Oh. In Hariko, we hide our smartphones underneath the conference table, haha,” said Sobehido, “but you're probably looking for something more subtle.”

“Yeah, Sobehido's glasses are actually Google Glasses, so he was reading online comics the whole time!” chuckled Seutipan.

Sobehido glanced at Teukero before turning back to Gi.

“...He's new.”

Gi chuckled. "I only read comics when our Speaker of the Parliament is speaking. God, it is so boring! I'll never know how that woman got elected."

Gi chuckled. "I only read comics when our Speaker of the Parliament is speaking. God, it is so boring! I'll never know how that woman got elected."

“I suppose so. Oh, Thorhalli Armod asked me to give this to you.”

Sobehido took a small box out of his pocket. It looked like a glasses case, but sturdier.

“Armod asked me to not let it get wet or shaken. I think it's some gadget, or it has something in it. I don't know; I didn't look inside.

Well, I must be going now. It was nice seeing you. Teukero, we're going.”

The Harikenes then walked down the hall, and the light to the conference room behind Gi turned off. Gi hadn't seen a device like this in

person before, but he definitely knew what it was.

“Clever, Armod, clever,” said Gi. With that, he left for his plane.

Gi walked to the plane where his pilot was waiting, engines on standby.

He walked into the back office and opened the box- a small chip lay delicately inside. He plugged it into the display, and took his sunglasses off, exposing double-lidded bright grey eyes with slight bags underneath. He watched the display for a second, and saw a video file, which was encrypted. He hit "Unencrypt" and watched the monitor start the process. He nervously ran a hand through his black hair. The monitor finished and began playing the video.

It displayed Thorhalli Armod, consul to Hariko, in an office quite similar, if not larger than, the one Gi was in. Armod clasped his hands together, blinked, and set in with a percievable Norse accent.

"To all who may be listening- El Sock is plotting an overthrow in Hariko."

With that, the Harikenes went to their plane, walking down the hallway.

“Why is our plane parked so far away from everyone else's? The other countries' planes are right next to the conference room, but ours is on the opposite end of the building,” said Teukero.

“I don't know, security or something,” replied Sobehido.

As they walked down the hallways, it was eerily quiet. The surveillance cameras would follow the Harikenes as they walked down the halls, making a quiet, electric whining sound as they followed the two men. But, it wasn't any passive scanning of the hallway. Teukero noticed that they were actively following them.

“Sobehido, walk faster,” Teukero said.

There was one more sound breaking the silence. A faint footstep every once in a while, just enough to arouse Teukero's suspicion. The farther they walked, the more frequent the footsteps were.

They also got louder.

When the Harikenes were within 100 metres of the gate, the footsteps sounded more like running.

“We need to go. Now,” Sobehido said. With that, they began to run. Each potted plant scared them, because someone could be hiding behind it, and the shadows in the room put them on edge. The lights in this wing of the building were off.

The footsteps were certainly closing the gap between them. They sounded more like stomping, as if a man in a suit was sprinting down the hallway.

By the last 5 metres, they heard a click. They sprinted, terrified for their lives. Knocking over armchairs and tables, anything in their way as they ran straight for the gate.

A Tommy gun began firing off, miraculously missing them as they ran into the jetway and onto the plane. The jetway was pitch black, and the door into the room behind them slammed shut. 

Teukero frantically flung open the door to the plane, and then locked it and barricaded it. He then ran to the back of the plane to lock the rear doors. Sobehido opened the cockpit door to tell the pilot to take off immediately.

When Teukero locked the rear doors, he heard Sobehido shout, “Dead!” What!? Who!?, he thought. Terrified, he ran into the stewardess' chamber, and opened the door to one of the lavatories, only to see a disfigured body crammed into the toilet. He vomited right then and there.

Panicking, he turned around and opened the other lavatory door, and saw a woman in camo uniform pointing a handgun between his eyes.

“Occupied.”