Continued from Charter of the Union of The West Pacific Voting Thread

Reçueçn

Gi threw himself from the chair and switched his earpiece feed to the tracking chip he had covertly left in Sobehido's pocket. He heard vomiting and ripped the earpiece off, bolting for the drop port in the back of the plane. He simultaneously signed for support from the HQ burst into the drop room, and started changing. He grimaced.

He was going switchblading.

Switchblades are harness-mounted metal ellipsoids that contain bladed metal wings and a system of springs to make them move effortlessly. The farther you deployed them, the move lift you got, and you turned by deploying one wing more than the other. Anyone who was in the military had to learn some level of drop-troop capacity. Gi had had to learn switchblade. It was probably his least favorite part of training. Hights were one of the only things that gave him the willies.

Waving the memory aside, he finished changing into his flexible puncture-proof, heat resistant wingsuit and attached the switchblade to his back. He tested the wings, and they opened with a crisp snap and shut just as quickly. He grabbed his combat .45 tactical from his pile of clothes and holstered it, put on his helmet, and opened the drop door. The ground was far below, and he gulped as he dove from the plane. He heard a distant explosion and checked behind him. A rapidly expanding sonic cloud with a small grey dot in the middle. That was his backup.

Probably professional switchbladers, the ones that used boost packs and learned to use the switchblade as an extension of their body in martial art.

He shuddered. They made him immensely unnerved, the way they were never seen wearing anything but flightsuits and switchblades.

He focused himself on the complex far below, and made small adjustments trajectory with really deploying the wings much, in order to keep himself moving as fast as possible, but nevertheless heard the cruiser roar over his head, and two dots appeared on his friendly radar.

Two?

He refocused on the mission ahead.

Gi threw himself from the chair and switched his earpiece feed to the tracking chip he had covertly left in Sobehido's pocket. He heard vomiting and ripped the earpiece off, bolting for the drop port in the back of the plane. He simultaneously signed for support from the HQ burst into the drop room, and started changing. He grimaced.

He was going switchblading.

Switchblades are harness-mounted metal ellipsoids that contain bladed metal wings and a system of springs to make them move effortlessly. The farther you deployed them, the move lift you got, and you turned by deploying one wing more than the other. Anyone who was in the military had to learn some level of drop-troop capacity. Gi had had to learn switchblade. It was probably his least favorite part of training. Hights were one of the only things that gave him the willies.

Waving the memory aside, he finished changing into his flexible puncture-proof, heat resistant wingsuit and attached the switchblade to his back. He tested the wings, and they opened with a crisp snap and shut just as quickly. He grabbed his combat .45 tactical from his pile of clothes and holstered it, put on his helmet, and opened the drop door. The ground was far below, and he gulped as he dove from the plane. He heard a distant explosion and checked behind him. A rapidly expanding sonic cloud with a small grey dot in the middle. That was his backup.

Probably professional switchbladers, the ones that used boost packs and learned to use the switchblade as an extension of their body in martial art.

He shuddered. They made him immensely unnerved, the way they were never seen wearing anything but flightsuits and switchblades.

He focused himself on the complex far below, and made small adjustments trajectory with really deploying the wings much, in order to keep himself moving as fast as possible, but nevertheless heard the cruiser roar over his head, and two dots appeared on his friendly radar.

Two?

He refocused on the mission ahead.

OOC:  Tracking chip? Sounds like either an invasion of privacy or overprotective allies. Lol.

The soldier chokeholded Teukero, pushed him up against the other lavatory door, and handcuffed him before handcuffing his ankles and shoving a gag into his mouth.

Maldra sanot!” she shouted.

Ja, halum aeroplane sano,” someone said in the cockpit.

That person then came out with Sobehido similarly restrained, and the two of them were carried out of the plane. A jeep appeared on the tarmac, and it took the four of them to a helicopter nearby, which they were thrown into like a sack of potatoes.

Bilang suguto el-Harikees halum el-Sock?” the pilot said.

Ja, halumu el-Harikees el-Sock, i halum ud el-Kapitalbilding,” she said.

The helicopter took off, and the island was now completely empty. Silent. Dark.

• 2 weeks later...

The Prime Minister stared at the pencils on his desk absent-mindedly, but to the observer, he appeared to be focusing intensely on them. The tick of the clock on the wall would occasionally break his train of thought, but for the most part, he appeared completely absorbed by the issue at hand.

How do they disappear like that? What...who...Kodeï thought.

Harúnjeo Kodeï was worried sick, and his two best men in the Foreign Ministry disappeared without a trace or clue. He was especially ashamed that his administration could let two top ranking officials vanish so soon after the Violetists. Those wounds to the nation were still fresh, as if Akigíryo was murdered just yesterday.

Foreign Minister Sobehido and Consul to Little Sealand Teukero had been missing for two days now, and for all Kodeï knew, they could be dead. Thorhalli Armod had also been suspiciously quiet, but then again, that was to be expected of the RussoAsians.

Harikosa had been on edge ever since the Reçuecian scandal back in December and Kodeï's cousin Jjekob has been a nuisance...no, a threat, since then, biding his time to influence the plebiscite that was going to happen in one week. Would Hariko become a Kingdom? That dilemma itself gave Kodeï a headache. The streets of Harikosa were filled with protesters for both sides, and crime in the city had spiked. Completely unheard of and completely unacceptable. Harikosa was never a dangerous city. 

Those damn Reçuecians rocking the boat, he thought.

Kodeï put his face in his hands in frustration. Hariko had no way to find the missing Harikenes. No military or intelligence to rely on. He sighed. Once again, Hariko would have to ask United RussoAsia for help. It hardly helped Hariko's reputation as a RussoAsian satellite.

He reached over to the far left corner of his desk, right next to the small Newton's cradle. Kodeï picked up the receiver and dialled in the number. 

+7 495 115 01 01.

“Yes, Sage, it's me. Again...

...Armod did what!?”

Sage Albrektssen, Eminence of the URAP, had a blinding headache.

The insanely screwed-up nature of the situation at hand made him sick. He had personally briefed the entire team of Switchblades to comb the earth for the missing Harikenes. They had as of yet found nothing.

He was running out of options.

He had considered all kinds of crazy and undesirable ideas, and then rejected them each in turn as too risky or not plausible.

Then he had gotten the call from Kodeï.

He finally had decided for the worst, and all that was left to do was make himself do it.

He choked down some headache meds, and picked up his secured office phone. He dialed the number of his long lost friend.

Klemens Wulf Knochenmus.

He heard the line ring, and then the inevitable pick-up.

"Albrektssen? What in the blue hell do you think you're doing calling me?"

"Yes, Klemens, it's me. I seem to recall that you owed me a favor?"

"You bastard. What the **** do you want from me?"

"You, of course, know of the deal where I ignore your various holdings?"

"I know why I owe you the favor. Spit it out, you fox. What do you what from me?"

"I need to find two men that have been taken alive by El Sock. If the URAP military gets involved we look bad."

"You want me to mobilise the Kreiger over an affair of yours!"

"Well, yes."

"You play hard. I don't want you spying on me any more either, now."

"You'll do it?"

"You're a lucky bastard today, Sage."

"Eternal thanks. Anything you need in particular?"

"I'm not taking your stuff until these men are found."

"Fair enough. I'll talk to you later."

"Or you'll be sorry."

Sage hung up and sank into his chair. He sincerely hoped he knew what he was doing.

Kodeï sat in his chair for a few moments while his anger welled up. He then picked up the phone and threw it across the room, where it broke into several pieces by the door.

“What the hell am I doing! I need to find these men; I can't keep clinging to Albrektssen every time I have a problem. Cindy! Call up the National Police. I'm going to look into this.”

The secretary nodded and made the phone call. Kodeï grabbed his cell phone and a tablet before storming out of the room.

At the steps of the parliament building, he got into a black SUV and told the driver to take him to Silán Court, where the National Police headquarters were.

“Sir, the roads are backed up with protesters...” the driver said.

“No shit, Sherlock, just drive!” Kodeï barked.

The SUV weaved through the narrow city streets as it made its way to the outlying neighbourhood of Silán. Occasionally someone would throw fruit at the car or yell “traitor” from outside. He looked at the ornate family bracelet on left wrist for a moment, sighing, and a tomato hit square in the middle of the passenger window.

In Silán Court, Harúnjeo rushed inside and up to the top floor, where Jissutæ Momiji was, in her pristine office with its frosted glass walls and minimalist furniture. And she kept the room freezing cold.

“Good afternoon, your highness,” she said bluntly.

“Your room is freezing; how do you keep your cold blood flowing?” Kodeï snapped.

“Willpower, Kodeï, something you don't have. I like my room this cold because I get to pretend Hell froze over.”

“Satan said ‘Return to Sender.’”

Momiji and Kodeï stared intensely for a moment, and all that could be heard was the sound of the ceiling fan making a faint, cool swish sound.

“Harúnjeo, what do you want? I'm busy with all these calls over the riots. No thanks to you and your twit cousin.”

“Jissutæ, I want an investigation. A real one. Not this half-hearted attempt and bulls*** handwringing of yours.”

“I dunno, Harúnjeo, what can you do for me? Give me royal treatment?”

“How about ten years for corruption? I run this ship, damn it, now do what I say!”

“You know, I can make accidents happen. Don't slip.”

“Hurry up and get it done, lives are on the line, Sobehido and Teukero's.”

“Are you sure it's not your name?”

“Well in that case, maybe Us Weekly wants to find out how your one night stand with the Nigerian president was.”

Silence in the room.

“Fine. Get out of my office now before I throw a brick through your window,” fumed Momiji.

“Is that a threat? My, my, someone's angry.”

“It was your fault we split!”

“TEN YEARS AGO!”

“Leave!”

Kodeï turned to leave the office.

“You're so cooperative, Momiji.” Kodeï began to walk out and close the door.

“He was bigger than you!” Jissutæ said before the door closed behind him.

OOC: I don't have die Kriegeren to worry about, so I try to play up interpersonal dynamics. Makes for heated interactions.

Teukero held back the tears the best he could.

Whack! Whack! Whack!

“Tell us, you dog!” the woman shouted. She took the bamboo stick and hit him again on the back. This time she used enough force to shatter the stick, much to Seutipan's relief.

“I beat the truth out of Harikene dog later.” The warden closed the cell door and left him alone for the evening. Seutipan struggled to get up; his arms were weak. He hadn't been fed in days, the warden was intent of beating secrets out of him, and he was covered in cuts and scratches. His suit jacket was lost sometime while he was unconscious, and one of the people stole his shoes. All he had were the clothes on his back, and even those were ripped and had blood stains on them.

Seutipan crawled onto his bed, which was really just a wooden bench with a tatami mat and a towel for a pillow. As he lay on his stomach, because his back was so sore, he took a moment to look around his small cell. Concrete walls with chipping, old aquamarine paint and on the ceiling was a tungsten lamp that was obviously on its last legs because the filament was thin and the light a dark yellow. The lamp shade looked more like a metal bowl than anything else. The toilet on the other side of the room was small and disgusting, like it had never been cleaned. The sink was hardly any cleaner. In fact, he wasn't even sure it worked. The floor was unpainted, unfinished concrete, and was littered with bamboo shards from his last torture session. The whole room was lit by a sickly yellow light, and the shadows under the furniture hid cockroaches and ants.

Teukero had no idea where Sobehido was, but he knew that he was somewhere in El Sock from all the flags on the wardens' uniforms. The look of everything was very austere, from the building to the uniforms to the cold, direct speech of the people there. Very cold. But the room itself was hot, and it took all of Teukero's diminishing energy to stay awake.

The clicking of shoes approaching his cell struck fear in Seutipan's heart, and he was terrified of what they had in store next. One of the guards opened the door, but instead of a rubber hose or waterboard, they had a tray of food which was placed on the floor by the door. “Harikene man speak if he have energy, Tatiyaska,” he said to the woman who was beating him earlier. He obviously wanted Seutipan to hear that. The woman, Tatiyaska, grunted and left. The guard locked the door and left, following her after the metal door clicked shut.

Teukero felt a bit surprised at the food he was given. He felt grateful for the guard...but started to think to himself. Perhaps this is one of their techniques...Stockholm syndrome, maybe? he thought.

But right now Teukero could care less what their motives were. He reached over for the food and picked up the tray. He slowly ate the food, and was shocked that he was completely full just from eating the cup of applesauce. Despite feeling sick, Teukero forced himself to finish everything on the tray before letting himself fall asleep. He drank the bottle of water, feeling like a stuffed turkey, and then sore from overeating, he fell into a deep sleep.