An Act on the Official Head of Government of the Imperium

Argument over whether we should keep the office of Prime Minister or not has gone on for too long, and it's been holding up other bills which are critical to the functioning of our government. We need to settle this debate, but we can't do that if we don't first separate discussion on it from arguments over other bills which are only tangentially related. As such, I have drafted this bill. To clarify, simply because I am posting it here does not mean that I support it. It is just that we need to figure this out, and not mix it up with other topics such as the Executive Council Act. Here's the text:

Act on the Official Head of Government of the Imperium

1. All references to an office of "Prime Minister" in laws previously passed by the legislature shall hereby be replaced with references to the office of "Speaker."

Quick, simple, and to the point. And so begins the discussion. And so we begin waiting for Archsium to come in and again complain about the redundancy of the PM's office. :P

I feel like the title of Speaker should be changed to "Prime Minister and Speaker" or something if we're going to do this. It's weird for it to still be Speaker, what with its new purview.

In that case, we should probably just switch the terms in the bill and make the Prime Minister instead assume all duties of the Speaker.

Act on the Official Head of Government of the Imperium

1. All references to an office of "Speaker" in laws previously passed by the legislature shall hereby be replaced with references to the office of "Prime Minister."

I think it makes sense to pass this before the Executive Council Act, since from what I can see, most of the the powers of the prime minister come from that act. Meaning it makes sense to straighten out that office before we give it new duties. So, since I'm new, how exactly do we move this to a vote? Does it have to be put into "formal discussion" first? If so, can we do that now?