The Revolution's Roadmap

Pestarzt

And so it shall be, we shall have a revolution. It may be from within the current Revolutionary Party, it may be from the Guardians. It may be from another yet unknown group, it may be from a combination of all or of some subset.

Let me be very succinct: The Revolution will succeed or there will be an ash heap to build upon.

So says Eli so say all of the Guardians.

I tried.  I really tried not to respond.  But I just can't help it....

Does that make you Eli's hat? 

I get that your loyalty is mostly to The Pacific, Elegarth.  Here's the thing:  There is no reason to be worried about a "coup."  If the Guardians don't choose a delegate that the community thinks is appropriate, then the Guardians fully expect the community to rise up and take the Delegacy away from whomever is sitting there.  It's their duty.  It's the way things are in TWP.

As long as there is an atmosphere of cooperation between the Delegate and the Community, everything runs smoothly.  When that atmosphere evaporates there is "violence."  But that violence has the inherent approval of the Guardians already.  Revolution is coming, one way or another.  Who is in charge of it is incidental.

I get that your loyalty is mostly to The Pacific, Elegarth.  Here's the thing:  There is no reason to be worried about a "coup."  If the Guardians don't choose a delegate that the community thinks is appropriate, then the Guardians fully expect the community to rise up and take the Delegacy away from whomever is sitting there.  It's their duty.  It's the way things are in TWP.

As long as there is an atmosphere of cooperation between the Delegate and the Community, everything runs smoothly.  When that atmosphere evaporates there is "violence."  But that violence has the inherent approval of the Guardians already.  Revolution is coming, one way or another.  Who is in charge of it is incidental.

You get me wrong, dear Dark. While I am obviously a TP player, I do not play in TWP as TP except when posting as ambassador, and hence my TP background has nothing to do with it. I'm not saying at all that the "revolution" is bad, I just find the half-words and the lies disgusting, specially when used to manipulate new players, which is what I feel has been done. I don´t oppose this revolution, or even if Milo/pes becomes Delegate, it is honestly irrelevant to me, in the end. However, I'm technically a part of the "community" that you seem to say has the power to chose, and if as part of that community, I want to voice my dislike and distaste for certain parts of the revolution, then Eli jumps on me... It makes no sense... The community should only voice what Eli likes voiced? Dissent is not allowed? I find it curious, since your words seem to say otherwise, yet you have both jumped over it as if I were saying or signifying anything negative.

What Eli said is obvious: the community decides, and without the community there can't be a coup, whatever you want to call it. It is the basic principle of any revolution. What you coup is irrelevant: the governing party, the people in control, the actual delegate, or the status quo, the change happens BECAUSE of the community.

But it seems TWP is not as open as I thought, since me disliking part of it is invalid - as per yours and Eli's comments - which breaks the whole "community decides" story...

*shrugs*

I can't honestly tell what you two are yelling at each other about.  Seems to me you said

when current Delegate Darkesia decides to leave her posts she doesn't selects a Revolution member to be the next delegate, what then? You keep the activity and the innovation? Or you just mobilize people and coup? Cuz the answer to such theoretical scenario is the core of what you intend, in the end.

And Eli answered you by saying in his patented Eli manner, that it doesn't matter what I choose.

Eli, and speaking for the Guardians, we are open to all or any of those paths, or to paths yet to be formulated.

The players shall decide.

Then you said

Obviously

Which pissed off Eli because he had responded to your question.  If the answer was obvious, why did you ask the question?  Or was the question rhetorical?  If it was rhetorical, why follow it with

Cuz the answer to such theoretical scenario is the core of what you intend, in the end.

From here it appears that you are bent out of shape and claiming that TWP "Isn't open" because Eli smacked you around for being a smart ass about his answer.

In TWP, we are all smart asses.  We like smart asses.  But remember that being a smart ass isn't restricted to just community members.  You expressed your concern that TWP's revolution is somehow disingenuous or deceitful.  Eli answered that concern to the best of his ability.

The rest is just a bunch of smart asses killing time between work assignments.

I didn't meant the question to be openly sent to anyone, but directed to Milo himself. If this revolution is TWP's revolution, then the question would obviously be pointless, but it the revolution is Milo's revolution, the answer to the question is relevant to those who are NOT alligned to pez's Revolutionary Party.

The question, however, is merely theoretical in nature, since I wouldn't personal oppose or reject it. If the overall activity level rises, which SEEMS to be the real goal, then whatever happens would have positive repercussions in the end

Now, why would Eli answer a question directed at Pez/Milo, is honestly confusing. I know TWP's guardian position as it was once explained to me when I was just an ambassador and I find it confusing, months ago. I also know how the mechanics of in site works. Both are obvious things. Hence why I said obviously.

Milograd has gone the way of all living things.

Elegarth, you say that TWP isn't open, but it is: you're here, despite a perceived disagreement.

TWP doesn't believe in the word "coups", first of all. Coup has connotations of illegitimacity. In reality, a delegacy change is just a delegacy change. Beyond that, the context varies.

Proactivity from the players and a desire to control their own destinies is inevitable, as far as I'm concerned. There are three clear possible paths that TWP might go on: the Revolutionary Party may assume power and ensure an active future, nations unassociated or oppositional to the Party may engage themselves in the government and lead themselves to a more active TWP, or the Guardians may force someone to step up.

The question isn't whether TWP is going to undergo a change: the question is how it's going to, and who are the nations that are going to be at the forefront of this change.

That's the kind of answer I'd expected Pes (you need to realize and remember my issue with changing names, assume any Milo and pes are in my life the same)... perhaps I would be able to find me at ease in your Revolution then...