Breaking Development: Glen-Rhodes elected as MoFA in tight race!

Unibot

trrtimes.png

>>> BREAKING DEVELOPMENT

Glen-Rhodes elected as MoFA in tight race!

COMMENTARY | UNIBOT

szBossS.jpg?1?8399

Stock footage of cheering people.

In a dramatic finish, the highly contested election in The South Pacific between Glen-Rhodes and HEM for Minister of Foreign Affairs concluded today with Glen-Rhodes ultimately the victor: 17-16. Yes, you read that right: 17-16. It was a helluva show. Initially it looked as though the election would have to proceed to a run-off vote. Upon further review, the run-off vote was found unnecessary and dissolved immediately. 

Glen-Rhodes told The Rejected Times he was very excited about the election and the opportunity he has been given.

“My interests have always been in foreign policy,” says Glen Rhodes, “so the two and a half months will hopefully be exciting (in the best of ways, of course). HEM offered some tough competition, and I thank him for putting up a good fight. He was very courteous when we talked after the winner was announced. I look forward to settling into this new office, taking an inventory of where we are and where we want to go”.

Glen-Rhodes thanked all of his supporters. The delegate seemed just as excited about his apppointment.

“I'm thrilled that Glen-Rhodes won the election,” says Escade, Delegate of The South Pacific, “I'm glad to have endorsed him because his platform is exciting and in line with many of my own ideas”.

When asked about the tightness of the election, the delegate struck an optimistic tone.

“The fact that it was a close race tells me that both Glen-Rhodes and HEM brought really appealing ideas to their platforms,” says Escade. “I hope HEM contributes his great skills to TSP and look forward to a project with him as well”.

HEM, shortly after the election, resigned as Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, citing his belief that he no longer had the confidence of the public, having lost twice for the position of Minister of Foreign Affairs.

“I am a servant to the voters, and am receptive to their will,” says HEM. 

While HEM ran on a platform clearly outlining his strong belief in Independence as a guiding ideology for The South Pacific, Glen-Rhodes’s platform focused on the need for more substantive relations with The South’s existing allies and confidence-building measures for the region’s regular associates.  Escade and Kringalia, Delegate and Vice Delegate had endorsed Glen-Rhodes for the position and Escade has since said that Glen-Rhodes’s vision for The South Pacific’s foreign affairs is closer to her own vision. In the next few weeks, we’re to hear more of what this vision entails as an agenda is expected to be published soon.