"The independence of Zanna"

The day is January 2nd 1424, 18:30pm, Tiveronian time.

1ST MEETING OF THE ZANNESE COUNCIL.

-Convened in Tiveronia, January 2nd 1424.
-Answering the Zannese need of Independence.
-Dedicated to protect our people's rights.
-Observing that Zanna has been independent in the past, willingly joining into a union with Candelù in the past.
-Recalling for that independent status.
-And Determined to see our status resolved, for the future of our people.

ZANNESE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE (parts of it)

1.  We, the democratically elected leaders of our people, hereby declare Zanna to be an independent and sovereign state.
  2.  Zanna will be a declared democratic nation, guided by the principles of non-discrimination and equality.
  3.  We shall write and adopt a new constitution as soon as possible.
  4.  We express the desire to estabilish good relations with the bordering nations, including the Republic of Candelù, with whom we have deep and important historical ties.

This is the document that started it all. The country is divided, as it was over 200 years ago. The Candeluian government will soon issue an answer to the declaration.

January 2nd 1424, 19:30pm, New Maserut time, in the Royal Palace.

Emperor Sebastiano Tiveron and president Alija Granito have been informed of the declaration, their reaction of pure shock is shared through all of the Granzian people.

-How could this happen? How did the government lose so much control of the region, to make Zanna declare independence?- The emperor immediatly asked to Alija, while reading for the 3rd time the zannese declaration.  -We can't have war in Candeluian lands again...-

-Sir, it's not like we lost control of the area... it's just, this was bound to happen, eventually.- Said Alija, current candeluian head of state.     

-Then why, why mister president? Why did Candelù just, disappear?! We're back to being Zanna and Granzia now! And if i learned something from history, it's that war is imminent... in the past, the two nations were constantly in war.- 

No answer, silence reigned in the room for various minutes.

Alija broke the silence. -We're not in the past anymore sir, we'll find a way to deal with them, in a peacefull way, with the help of other nations from the rest of Esferos.

-We'll see how this goes then, diplomacy may really be enough... what if the other nations support Zannese independence though, huh? We'd really be back to the past...-

-I don't think that's an option sir, Candelù has pretty good relations with most nations.-

They kept talking about the situation, and as the meeting ended, Emperor Sebastiano was left with even more doubts. Would other leaders really support Candeluian unity, or would they switch to supporting zannese independence? Is Candelù ready for an eventual war? Would he be dethroned? With all those thoughts in his mind, the emperor could barelly sleep that night.

January 3rd 1424, 15:00pm, New Maserut time.

People of New Maserut gathered in front of the royal palace, Piazza Clemente hasn't  been this crowded in many years. The people were standing there, waiting for their emperor to start his speech.

After more than 20 hours after being informed about Zanna, The emperor has organized a speech for the people.
Even with all of his insecurities, the emperor organized the best speech he could.
In the afternoon, on the balcony of the royal palace, facing directly the square, He would talk to the candeluian people.

-Men and Women of Candelù, of the land and the empire of my dynasty, my people, listen carefully! As i stand here, i am aware of the recent independence of Zanna, a serious problem is in front of us, a problem for our present, for our future, to which we, candeluians, shall not remain indifferent.
Luckly, thanks to our good relations with most nations in the entirety of Esferos, we are not left alone, many of them have already offered to send support. 
We shall not succumb to fear and doubt, and even though future might seem uncertain for our nation, hope for re-union is still here.-

He'd stop for a bit of time.

-For this brief speech, i'd like to add one last thing, my people.-

-Even in this temporary disunity of our nation, we shall not let the candeluian spirit die. While now, what remains in our power are the historically Granzian regions, this doesn't make us return to Granzia. We are now, and especially will always be, candeluians.-

The emperor would now return inside the palace. 

MinistryofDefenseLogo.png.c0967fcd44a05fb782d672bf8b2037f5.png

Ministère de la Défense Press Office
Place Héros
245 Rue de l'Armurerie
Pointe-d’Espoir, Trebec 01569
Republic of Nouveauterra

FORCES TO BE DEPLOYED IN RESPONSE TO POLITICAL UNREST IN THE NATION OF CANDELÙ

1/4/1424

La Republique de Nouveauterre will be deploying troops and equipment to the nation of Candelu with the express mission of aiding national stability and peacekeeping within the region.

Approximately 1000 service members will be deployed to the region as part of efforts with partner nations to ensure peace, and protect diplomatic efforts.

These efforts fall within the mission of advancing national interests in regional security, and protecting the shared interests of like-minded nations through precise intervention.

Forces included in these efforts will originate from the infantry companies of Marteau, the infantry companies of Trebec, and the combined arms companies of Corne d’Abondance. Forces will also include airlift sections of the Air Force, and select reservist detachments.

This mission is the result of Special Request 1424-0001 made by President Hugo Quizolin, duly granted by le Grande Assemblee on January 4th, 1424, pursuant to articles of the mandate of le Ministère de la Défense.

Un En Lute

January 3rd, 1424
4:00 PM Over Time
New Zoradia, Zoran

“Your Majesty, Ambassador Ahyoka is on the line to report the current situation in Candelu.” said Foreign Affairs Minister Rayetayah Agaluysdi,

“Thank you, Agaluysdi, put her on speaker.” replied Queen Adsila. Rayetayah obliged, putting the call on speaker so all in the room could hear.

“Ambassador,” said Adsila, “you are on speaker. Myself along with Minister Agaluysdi and General Adahihi are in the room right now. What is the situation in Candelu and what do  you recommend we do at this point in time?”

“Thank you, Your Majesty,” begins Ahyoka, “the situation does not seem…ideal as it were. The situation is not likely to turn violent yet but who knows how the situation will develop at this point in time. It is my guess that the emperor is likely to try a diplomatic approach with the Zannians.”

“How receptive are the Zannians to negotiations with the Emperor?” asked Rayetayah,

“I can’t say, sir, but considering that the Zannians have continuously ignored Candeluian laws and seem to be adamant about their independence, I assume that they are not too keen on the idea.”

The Queen sits there for a moment and ponders the situation, knowing very well that lack of communication could cause the situation to escalate as either party grows more desperate.

“Do you recommend that we get involved at all?” asks the queen,

“If we do, we cannot favor either side. But doing nothing won’t improve the situation at all but we have the excuse of distance to ignore the situation.” answered Ahyoka,

“What is the likelihood of armed conflict developing in the region?” asked General Adahihi,

“Well, as I said earlier the likelihood of armed conflict is low at the moment but should Candelu dissolve and become Granzia and Zanna again then conflict in the future is possible. Also, should a violent uprising occur, the Candeluian government would be unlikely to put it down as they lack a military”

The Queen mulls over her options, thinking over possible actions she could take. While she knows she could simply remain uninvolved in the situation, she does not want to continue the old GDC policy of political isolation. Knowing how badly the civil war affected her country, she does not wish for a similar situation to occur in another part of the world. She closes her eyes and thinks back upon the capabilities of the nation when she recalls the plan for the structure of the Zoranian army. She opens her eyes and looks to General Adahihi,

“General, you were there when Waholi and I along with other leaders of the Revolutionary Army came up with the plan for the Zoranian army, right?”

“Yes, Your Majesty. The plan was to develop a powerful force that can be rapidly deployed and be flexible in their mission capacity through modularization and training to perform a variety of duties outside of warfare.”

“Eh, close enough,” says Adsila, “would you say that the army, in its current state, has the capacity for an initial rapid deployment task force?”

“Where are you going with this, Your Majesty?” asks Ambassador Ahyoka curiously. Minister Rayetayah raises an eyebrow at Adsila, clearly curious himself as to what she is planning.

“How about we offer to send a peacekeeping force into Candelu to help maintain conditions to facilitate negotiations between the two parties? We ensure peace is maintained and use our presence as a deterrent for any opportunists seeking to incite some violence.”

“That…could work,” says Ahyoka, “as long as we maintain that we are neutral in the affair and keep our troops from taking sides then it could be a valid option.”

“Uh…I think we should consult Minister Yenuha on this.” says Minister Agaluysdi with hesitation, “The deployment of troops abroad without a declaration of war, even for a peacekeeping operation, might ruffle some feathers in the dikahnawadvsdi aninotlvsgi iyunadai.”

Adsila laughs in response to this statement,

“I will take care of the iyunadai should they try to confront me on this, I want you, Minister Agaluysdi, to do your part in monitoring the situation with Ambassador Ahyoka to ensure that our peacekeeping efforts are proceeding as planned.”

“Just to be clear,” says Ahyoka, “we are offering to send a peacekeeping force into Candelu?”

“Yes, with not just military personnel but also some military observers and police to ensure conditions conducive to negotiations are maintained. Inform the Candelu and Zannian parties about this and make it clear to them that our forces are there in a neutral capacity.”

“Very well, Your Majesty. I will get to it immediately.” says Ahyoka before hanging up. Adsila turns to look at General Adahihi,

“Get the pre-planned rapid deployment task force of one light mechanized infantry battalion, one self-propelled mortar battery, and one light cavalry company ready for deployment as soon as possible. Prepare the necessary C-17s for their transport along with their equipment and vehicles.”

General Adahihi salutes and marches out of the room to fulfill their orders leaving Adsila and Rayetayah together in the room.

“Don’t underestimate the iyundai, Your Majesty, you don’t want to make an enemy of it.” says Rayetayah nervously,

“Oh I am aware, but I know just the right song to play to get opponents to see this as an opportunity for Zoran. Now, I must go to my next meeting, see you later, Rayetayah.” she says as she gets up from her chair and walks out the room.

The Kingdom of Cambria:

Acknowledges the declaration of independence made by the region of Zanna on 2 January, 1424.

Reaffirms its unwavering commitment to the principle of self-determination for all peoples.

Recognizes the right of the Zannese people to determine their own future and establish their own sovereign state.

Notes the historical grievances and ongoing challenges faced by the Zannese people, while also acknowledging the complex past between Zanna and the region of Graznia.

Expresses its sincere hope for a peaceful resolution to any outstanding disputes between Zanna and its neighbors, and encourages all parties to engage in constructive dialogue and diplomacy.

Declares its intention to establish formal diplomatic relations with the independent Zanna, and to work together to build a relationship based on mutual respect, cooperation, and the promotion of shared values.

Offers its assistance to Zanna in its transition to independence, and stands ready to provide support in areas such as governance, infrastructure development, and economic growth.

Calls upon the international community to respect the right of Zanna to self-determination, and to support its peaceful integration into the global community.

image.thumb.png.762b1bb733dd9b22dcc80f20da25492e.png

Common Translation:

Spoiler

Letter of recognition of the Zannese Council as the governing body of the lands of Zanna.

The Lands and Realms guided by the Sovereign House of Xing, represented by the Sovereign Assembly and Eternally Aligned to the Starist Faith:

Recognising the Zannese Council’s declaration of independence on the international date 2nd January 1242.

Establishing good relations with the Zannese Council.

Maintaining good relations with the Republic of Candelu.

The Lands and Realms guided by the Sovereign House of Xing, represented by the Sovereign Assembly and Eternally Aligned to the Starist Faith joins the Kingdom of Cambria in:

Recognizing the right of the Zannese people to establish their own sovereign state.

Offering assistance to the Zannese council in its transition to independence.

Calling upon the international community to respect the right of Zannese independence.

Signed: Premier Liu Xinrui

Seal of Approval: Sovereign Seal of the House of Xing

[OOC: This was mainly done with google translate. I sincerely apologise for any language mistakes made]

• 4 weeks later...

January 4th 1424, 10:00 am, Tiverian time.
"The Granzian Threat is growing constantly, or at least the population's fear is growing.
Though, the fear of our people isn't wrong. We're weaker, our economy still has to properly get back in function, and the people ask for a president, someone to guide them through the worst time of modern Zannian history. And that's where i come in, i'll gladly take the spot as temporary president of Zanna, untill our constitution is written, untill we're stable, untill it will be needed." this is an extract of Karl Spritzetto's talk to the Zannese people. Spritzetto is a well known figure in Zanna, being the former president of Tiveria. He's seen as a strong figure, someone that wouldn't allow another unity with Granzia, especially now.
He's already announced that he'll start to work on the economy, organize the country, and most important of all, organizing some divisions of soldiers who want to fight for our independence. Zanna will not be seen anymore as the weak side of Candelù, we will be seen as the shining star of Doll Guldur, we will better our foreign relations, thanks to Spritzetto, we shall be fully independent.

• 2 months later...

January 9th 1424, 00:00 am, Tiveronian time.

A' Candela Mattutina 1/9/1424

Peace keeping forces are able to keep peace between the two nations, as a sort of "demilitarized zone" is created on the border.
Crysis is closer than ever for the candeluian land, now that both nations are organizing a national army.
Candeluians are still being forcebly removed from Zannese lands, and violence seems to be used much more, since the instauration of the temporary government.

And here, in the middle of the night, the Candeluian cities gradually start to get gradually quieter, until.

image.png.fd36eba43127f3b9554c8edf644589eb.png
(A photo from the streets of Clementia, the fire starts spreading.)

The city of Clementia was shook from an explosion in the main plaza, which then caused a large fire that spreaded to the close-by appartments, causing many injured, and 4 deaths.
While there's no culprit found as the incident just happened, many already speculate that this was a terrorist attack, programmed by radical zannese supporters.
We will bring news about the incident as soon as they're present, and we give our full support to Clementese people.