Arbiter General's Public Office

Vesica

Alright time to set up shop

MilitaryReuse_main.jpg

Now that thats out of the way I shall formally introduce myself. I am Vesica, commonly known elsewhere as V or Ves depending on whatever you wanna put down. I am for better or worse the Supreme Evil Overlord of RPs here and this is my joyous office. The first thing I want to do is feel out for Role Players here in the region.

Is there anyone who enjoys RPing, any particular type they like? I have a few RPs from Equilism I'm going to port over see if i can get some interest going.

Please feel free to post here in this topic, its where I wanna see all the feedback and concerns.

I haven't RP'd since I was a Senator in The Pacific (translation: a long ass time ago.)  I always say I would like to try, but rarely have the chance or inspiration.

If you can get something going that is character based an doesn't require hours of prep time, I'm in.

Most of the RPs we have going in Equilism are all character based. If character is what your going for, I think we can definitely find something to suit you! No prep necessary, just make your character and jump in

I'll only RP science fiction or a somethin' with source material I like.

You mean like fanfiction?  Or do you sort of borrow the "world" and put your own characters in it?  I'm just curious.  There are so many different types of RP out there.

There are literally an infinite amount of RPs we could do. Superheroes, Vampires, Magic, Harry Potter, Star Wars.

During my tenure as Arbiter General in the AoSS we had like 9 different Role Playing Worlds on going. In Equilism we have 5 "Worlds" plus several Pop Universe RPs

As I said I'll start bringing over some examples of posts and RP from Equilism to test the waters, and we can go from there

You mean like fanfiction?  Or do you sort of borrow the "world" and put your own characters in it?  I'm just curious.  There are so many different types of RP out there.

The latter, most notable a Fallout RP I did, but I wouldn't be opposed to a fan fic either.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have no idea why, but for a very long time, TWP has seemed to fail at getting RPs off the ground despite our best intentions. 

I think what it's going to take is someone to just jump in and start.  There is too much talking about it and no doing it.  lol

• 1 month later...

Nuke proof??? ( PS. When did the word grow from Nuc to Nuke?)

RIGHT!

I would like to post some RP ideas, but would like more guidance before I jump in and step on anyone's toes by accident? I have three that have passed bête test now and the core rules for a forth self published. Alternate WW-II, >1820s, >1900s and Alternate Star Trek game rules.

Please feel free to contact me with both ideas and comments.

Sincerely,

Stewart.

Vesica's not logged in for months here, and has recently announced a leave in Equilism too. :(

I encourage anyone with RP ideas to set up shop forthwith - I'm sure other people would love to join in as soon as they see the opportunity.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like we have a small group of people who would like to try.  But no one is able/willing to begin and guide our attempts.  Perhaps we should consider importing a mentor to help us learn?

If we have support for that idea, I will go on a talent search and try to find us an infinitely patient volunteer to teach us.