Sign in to follow this  
Powerboat_Racer

Slight problems with posting on this forums...

Whenever I post here, these forums take forever to load. It takes a refresh before I am able to see my new post.

I haven't experienced this on other websites (some with forums where I post), just this one.

I have not been able to isolate whether this is a internet problem or a forum software problem (I suspect it is the latter, since this does not occur anywhere else, as previously mentioned).

I am currently on Chrome and this issue also occurs on firefox and microsoft edge on windows 10.

It's a byproduct of the database crash we had in December and I still haven't narrowed down exactly what's causing it...your post does go through (almost right away), it's just the script in Invision doesn't send back the OK signal in the ajax request.  So it just sits there forever.  If you reload the page you'll find your post has been posted.

This has been discussed quite a bit in the admin request thread part trois already.

It's a byproduct of the database crash we had in December and I still haven't narrowed down exactly what's causing it...your post does go through (almost right away), it's just the script in Invision doesn't send back the OK signal in the ajax request.  So it just sits there forever.  If you reload the page you'll find your post has been posted.

This has been discussed quite a bit in the admin request thread part trois already.

Ahh..I didn't think of reading that thread, but thanks for the reply Winni :)

There are areas and threads where the issue does not happens, others it will.

The easiest approach is to write up your post, hit POST and then (if it doesn't goes through normally), wait 10 seconds and then RELOAD the thread. Most likely your post will be there